ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:04 AM 05-14-2021
Colts LT Eric Fisher won't put timeline on return from torn Achilles

The Indianapolis Colts are banking big that Eric Fisher will return from his torn Achilles early in the season.

The newly signed left tackle told reporters Thursday that he wouldn't put a timeline on his recovery, however.

"What I can tell you is I'm a big 'control what you can control' kind of guy," Fisher said via the Indy Star. "Obviously, I'd like to snap my fingers and have a perfect Achilles again, but you know, that's not the case. Obviously, the club feels good with where I'm at, I'm feeling good, but any other questions about my Achilles, I'll leave up to Chris Ballard or coach (Frank Reich)."

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported after the signing that the Colts are comfortable with Fisher's rehab, but the left tackle might not be ready to play until October. Sam Tevi is an option to begin the year as the starter if that is indeed the case.

Indy opens the season against the Seahawks (Sept. 12), Rams (Sept. 19), Titans (Sept. 26) and Dolphins (Oct. 3). Each won at least 10 games last season. It's the most difficult opening stretch for any team based on 2020 opponent win percentage.

The sooner Fisher gets back on the field, the quicker the Colts line will be solidified in front of Carson Wentz.

Fisher, who was playing the best football of his career before tearing his Achilles, believes the new start after eight years in Kansas City is just what he needed at this stage of his career.

"As soon as I got the call I was being cut, it was an automatic reset in my brain of I'm nowhere near being done, I feel like I got a lot of years left in me," Fisher said, via the team's official website. "I was actually thinking about that this morning driving back from rehab. It's going to be an awesome reset for myself and a fresh slate, keep working and finish the second half of my career off on a good start. I've been thinking about that and excited to kind of have that reset."

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-lt-er...-torn-achilles
[Reply]
PHOG 10:10 AM 05-14-2021
Good luck Fisher! Hope it works out for you. :-)
[Reply]
Hoover 10:57 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:

The Indianapolis Colts are banking big that Eric Fisher will return from his torn Achilles early in the season.

The newly signed left tackle told reporters Thursday that he wouldn't put a timeline on his recovery, however.

"What I can tell you is I'm a big 'control what you can control' kind of guy," Fisher said via the Indy Star. "Obviously, I'd like to snap my fingers and have a perfect Achilles again, but you know, that's not the case. Obviously, the club feels good with where I'm at, I'm feeling good, but any other questions about my Achilles, I'll leave up to Chris Ballard or coach (Frank Reich)."

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported after the signing that the Colts are comfortable with Fisher's rehab, but the left tackle might not be ready to play until October. Sam Tevi is an option to begin the year as the starter if that is indeed the case.

Indy opens the season against the Seahawks (Sept. 12), Rams (Sept. 19), Titans (Sept. 26) and Dolphins (Oct. 3). Each won at least 10 games last season. It's the most difficult opening stretch for any team based on 2020 opponent win percentage.

The sooner Fisher gets back on the field, the quicker the Colts line will be solidified in front of Carson Wentz.

Fisher, who was playing the best football of his career before tearing his Achilles, believes the new start after eight years in Kansas City is just what he needed at this stage of his career.

"As soon as I got the call I was being cut, it was an automatic reset in my brain of I'm nowhere near being done, I feel like I got a lot of years left in me," Fisher said, via the team's official website. "I was actually thinking about that this morning driving back from rehab. It's going to be an awesome reset for myself and a fresh slate, keep working and finish the second half of my career off on a good start. I've been thinking about that and excited to kind of have that reset."

And to think this was a solution some here wanted... A guy coming back from injury who MIGHT be ready to go in October that you have under contract for one year at over 9M

Thank God for Bart Veach!
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:04 AM 05-14-2021
He’ll be lucky to be 85% by the end of the season.

Ballard is a dullard.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:06 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
And to think this was a solution some here wanted... A guy coming back from injury who MIGHT be ready to go in October that you have under contract for one year at over 9M

Thank God for Bart Veach!
it is not a bad solution depending on your other choices. i mean Fisher if healthy a quality left tackle. IF you are a team hoping to make the playoffs even without him, waiting to October is fine. The key is upgrading that position during the playoffs.

Now if you have a better option and one who is ready to start the season, sure.

But I am not sure there is a better option for the Colts right now. Not sure they really should be trading top picks for a vet until they have an idea how good or bad Wentz is going to be in 2021. i mean he was awful last year not sure I would mortgage the future until you have an idea.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
it is not a bad solution depending on your other choices. i mean Fisher if healthy a quality left tackle. IF you are a team hoping to make the playoffs even without him, waiting to October is fine. The key is upgrading that position during the playoffs.

Now if you have a better option and one who is ready to start the season, sure.

But I am not sure there is a better option for the Colts right now. Not sure they really should be trading top picks for a vet until they have an idea how good or bad Wentz is going to be in 2021. i mean he was awful last year not sure I would mortgage the future until you have an idea.
They've already guaranteed Wentz $15M and given him half of his $10M roster bonus. Plus they traded picks for him. I don't think they're in "wait and see" mode.
[Reply]
notorious 11:33 AM 05-14-2021
Indy was such a bad team that a rookie Luck was worth 9 more wins.

Indy didn't nudge their team towards some extra losses?

Vegas needs to take notes. :-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 12:55 PM 05-14-2021

A 1-3 or 0-4 start is a real possibility for the Colts. That first month is brutal. Especially trying to break Wentz in and Fisher probably not back yet.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:18 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
They went through a lot of crappy quarterbacks from Bert Jones’ last year in 81 until they drafted Manning in 98. That included a gambling addict(Schlichter) and quite possibly the biggest asshole ever to play in the NFL, Jeff George, both of whom they drafted number one overall.

So, it’s not accurate at all to say they didn’t suffer before they got Manning.
Are you a former Colt's fan ???:-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:54 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Are you a former Colt's fan ???:-)
Surprisingly no.
[Reply]
alanm 07:35 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
**** more teams. They need to expand roster sizes.
This. I don't know why they don't expand to 60. It's gotta be a money thing.
[Reply]
alanm 07:48 PM 05-14-2021

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that. He's played better. I think it's meant as a boost of confidence for the fans.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:05 PM 05-14-2021

Glad our season is not riding on Fisher any longer. Fuck the Colts.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:27 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
I don't know if I would go so far as to say that. He's played better. I think it's meant as a boost of confidence for the fans.
I agree, last year was a noticeable step back from his previous two seasons. Still solid, but not the level where he used to be. His weakness used to only be against elite power rushers (Harrison, Bosa, etc). Last season he was losing matchups against bull rushers with more regularity.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:02 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Glad our season is not riding on Fisher any longer. Fuck the Colts.

They’ll be waiting around until November for him.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up