ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 163
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
ghak99 07:39 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
You take this? Awesome pic.
Ya, I don't hate them like I used to but the greasy bastards won't stay off the rye fields so I had to go murder a few.
[Reply]
Simplicity 07:44 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Ya, I don't hate them like I used to but the greasy bastards won't stay off the rye fields so I had to go murder a few.
For sure. I haven't been able to get out and shoot em up due to college and work. Iowa is covered in them currently and its killing me.
[Reply]
ghak99 07:47 PM 03-11-2018
Numbers have dropped significantly here and spreads are being picked up and moved north as fast as possible. Still a few groups a day but nothing like 2-3 weeks ago.
[Reply]
Simplicity 07:51 PM 03-11-2018
Numbers have dropped significantly here and spreads are being picked up and moved north as fast as possible. Still a few groups a day but nothing like 2-3 weeks ago.
I think we have all your birds! lol! What I'm more excited for is I'm starting to see more and more divers on the river and lakes. Saw a few canvas backs on the nearest lake and also so a 7 group of Goldeneyes on the river. I need to start carrying around a camera so I can capture them. Beautiful colors right now.

Now I just need turkey season to hold me off till Fall time!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:18 PM 03-11-2018
You rocking some rye?

Hay or cover?
[Reply]
ghak99 08:42 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You rocking some rye?

Hay or cover?
Hope to wrap up 30-40 acres as balage, but will rotational graze the rest of it which ends up leaving a half ass cover crop before no tilling beans into it.

Used to leave it all as covers, but I think the grazing is actually working out better for the ground than leaving it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:28 PM 03-11-2018
Hope to wrap up 30-40 acres as balage, but will rotational graze the rest of it which ends up leaving a half ass cover crop before no tilling beans into it.

Used to leave it all as covers, but I think the grazing is actually working out better for the ground than leaving it.
I've heard that. Hope it makes a shitload of beef for you. I'm a shit cowboy so I will not be partaking. :-)

Planted it once. I bought a quarter that some shit ass organic plowed the ever living fuck out of and then a bunch more. Took it over after wheat harvest then the neighbors custom cutter burned it off. It was going to blow forever so I planted the rye after the milo I drilled burned the fuck up.

That shit was tough as a boot. There was some volunteer wheat that I didn't kill. It all winterkilled and drouted out but the rye just wouldn't fucking die. I was impressed. It was terrible and didn't get what I needed done but it was the toughest shit I've planted.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:57 AM 07-02-2018
My dad is trying to plan a bear hunt for him and I in Minnesota for September....extremely excited if it can all come together.

Was just curious if anyone here has hunted bear and if so, what was your experience like? Stories, etc....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:57 PM 10-28-2018
Was a good youth hunt weekend... Sorry we missed the Chiefs game!! :-)

The deep freeze has ~39lbs of shoulder, loin, and ground meat. One shoulder (!!!!!), the bullet hit a rib on the way in, totally blew-up the heart, and exited bigly through the far shoulder, we saved and ground a lot of that shoulder...

The doe in the pic had its kid with her (look at the head looking from behind), so my son chose not to try to take her. I get it, but she was huge... I never argue with the shot not taken, it's just uncool, but we had a .30-06 with us, and if lucky he might have been able to take both at ~50 yards. But again, he's awesomer than me!

Next up, he's going to get to learn how to make a European mount..
Attached: 20181028_084006.jpg (140.4 KB) 20181028_094239.jpg (123.9 KB) 20181027_080946.jpg (73.5 KB) 20181026_182013.jpg (107.8 KB) 
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:08 PM 10-28-2018
Been in stand all week. Does and fawns and small boys. Big fellas are out there. Not many shots this weekend by youth. I dread rifle season and the red army of walmart hunters.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:39 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Been in stand all week. Does and fawns and small boys. Big fellas are out there. Not many shots this weekend by youth. I dread rifle season and the red army of walmart hunters.
No shit... Like I tell my son, I know YOU know what you're doing, you're safe, but I'm more afraid of the other morons out there who think a rifle and a stand make them a hunter. While we chart-out every stand on the property on Google maps, we also have a sheet for every stand, no-shoot zones clearly marked, and we don't F around AT ALL.

We start at home with learning the rifle and the hunting process, take it to the range, study and walk the property plenty before the season, and we have fewer questions on game day.

While they gain a skill (you hunt, you know what I mean), I gain even more time with my own son, away from the pressure of our hockey team, and in the great outdoors. And he gets to drive the Mule and the big-red-truck around the farm, so he's giddy.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:58 PM 11-01-2018
OK, this is awesome. And some good ideas too..

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:23 PM 11-01-2018
Awesome guys, enjoy your year!

MOAR pics plz
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:41 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Awesome guys, enjoy your year!

MOAR pics plz
If we get another (or need another), the 5 sq ft deep freeze is pretty full. That being said, I'd be happy to tell the wife the new deep freezer is from Santa!

But alas, the boy wants a new scope. But like I told him after the shot, "I'm pretty sure the one you have is is working." Ha!
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:49 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
If we get another (or need another), the 5 sq ft deep freeze is pretty full. That being said, I'd be happy to tell the wife the new deep freezer is from Santa!

But alas, the boy wants a new scope. But like I told him after the shot, "I'm pretty sure the one you have is is working." Ha!
He should be happy at this point
[Reply]
Page 139 of 163
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Up