ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3661 of 3903
« First < 2661316135613611365136573658365936603661 3662366336643665367137113761 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:15 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Vaccinated people spread covid too. What's your point?
That choices have consequences.

Non-smokers get lung cancer, but healthcare premiums are still up to 50% higher for smokers due to taking on the additional risk.

And since ICUs are full in certain areas, it would be nice if people were at least cognizant of the fact that if you're taking on that additional risk of not vaccinating, you could put even ore strain on a system.

And yeah, just because I could still still end up in the hospital due to being in a car accident while wearing a seat belt doesn't mean I'm going to stay home.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:46 PM 08-17-2021
What most people don't realize is even if they think they have good insurance - they are still going to owe a ton of money if they have to spend time in the ICU.

Oh sorry that ventilator tube was out-of-network. $80,000 please!
[Reply]
Monticore 01:52 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
I’m not an anti-vaxxer but I would say why not? If it can cure you once you’re sick then might as well.
I think because it’s experimental treatment which some people have had terminology regarding the vaccine
[Reply]
loochy 02:41 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
What most people don't realize is even if they think they have good insurance - they are still going to owe a ton of money if they have to spend time in the ICU.

Oh sorry that ventilator tube was out-of-network. $80,000 please!

Your insurance doesn't have an out of pocket max? We have $6,550 per individual max. We met ours last year pretty easily after 2 ER visits and several cardiology appointments. We got a cardiac ablation and a night in the hospital for free. They didn't pull any of that "out of network" crap on us, aside from the physicans' network bill, which wasn't that bad anyway.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:06 PM 08-17-2021
There's nothing to stop the hospital from going after you for out-of-network stuff your insurance refuses to pay. It's called balance billing. Mostly it happens with emergency room visits or elective procedures that patients don't realize are partially done with out-of-network contractors. But it can happen in the ICU. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/patient...d-to-covid-19/
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:33 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
You do realize they don't treat vaccinated and unvaccinated the same in hospitals right? If you are vaccinated they don't test you for covid unless you are symptomatic. If you are un-vaccinated they do test you for covid even if you're asymptomatic.

Put it this way. If both of us go to the hospital because of heart attacks, you are vaccinated, I am not. They will test me for covid, even though I'm not there for Covid. They won't test you. If I show a positive test result, even though I'm not there for Covid, even though I'm asymptomatic, I'm considered "hospitalized with Covid". You won't be. Even if you are positive and asymptomatic just like me. They don't test you.

Why do they do this? Why would I even be considered "covid related hospitalization" when my hospitalization has nothing to do with Covid? I'm there for a heart attack and asymptomatic. There is nothing scientific about this. When you intentionally skew data like this you've lost every bit of trust I would otherwise have in you.
Another excellent point that will be ignored by a bunch of people who label themselves objective and critical thinkers.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:53 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Your insurance doesn't have an out of pocket max? We have $6,550 per individual max. We met ours last year pretty easily after 2 ER visits and several cardiology appointments. We got a cardiac ablation and a night in the hospital for free. They didn't pull any of that "out of network" crap on us, aside from the physicans' network bill, which wasn't that bad anyway.
Yeah....very few plans will have an OOP higher than $7,000. Sometimes there will be an out of network max of $10,000 or so.
[Reply]
sedated 04:31 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Yeah....very few plans will have an OOP higher than $7,000. Sometimes there will be an out of network max of $10,000 or so.
Only $10,000? Whew, I thought it might actually be significant :-)

I might check in for the weekend just for fun.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:57 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Only $10,000? Whew, I thought it might actually be significant :-)

I might check in for the weekend just for fun.
That would be one of the worst plans out there. And ideally, most of your services would be in network. But $10,000 sounds a lot better than $80,000 or higher, no?

Healthcare costs are a joke in this country but this isn't exactly breaking news.
[Reply]
TLO 04:59 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
That would be one of the worst plans out there. And ideally, most of your services would be in network. But $10,000 sounds a lot better than $80,000 or higher, no?

Healthcare costs are a joke in this country but this isn't exactly breaking news.
You know what sounds good? Getting a vaccine and avoiding this all together.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 05:07 PM 08-17-2021
If you are spending over 7K in medical bills per year…. Do you skateboard ever day?
[Reply]
TLO 05:20 PM 08-17-2021
What are the sane and reasonable folks thoughts in here about boosters?
[Reply]
Hamwallet 05:29 PM 08-17-2021
By quarterly injections to help the vaccine. Sounds like we did everything we could do and this is the solution.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:31 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
What are the sane and reasonable folks thoughts in here about boosters?
I still haven't seen anything that suggests most healthy people should need it with either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. Both of those seem to be 85%+ effective against Delta, and severe breakthrough cases are exceedingly rare. But I think we're still waiting on solid evidence about waning immunity.

I'd probably consider it given that J&J isn't nearly as effective as the other two, but I'll probably just ask my doc what she thinks in a month or two.
[Reply]
TLO 05:31 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
By quarterly injections to help the vaccine. Sounds like we did everything we could do and this is the solution.
Thanks for your input.
[Reply]
Page 3661 of 3903
« First < 2661316135613611365136573658365936603661 3662366336643665367137113761 > Last »
Up