ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3655 of 3903
« First < 2655315535553605364536513652365336543655 3656365736583659366537053755 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:59 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I don't have a clue either. I just mean if you are actively fighting the vax it seems a bit retarded at this point. This shit is going to drag on forever.
Okay so I guess the "you" in your original response was directed towards the guy on the ventilator.
It sucks but he's from another country and I guess is fearful of vaccines in general. It's a sad deal to see so much unnecessary suffering and death for sure.
[Reply]
Otter 07:08 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I don't have a clue either. I just mean if you are actively fighting the vax it seems a bit retarded at this point. This shit is going to drag on forever.
"Retarded" for being skeptical of the two outlets shoveling the info on the vaccine?

I'd say you would have to be "retarded" not to be skeptical.

This is not a statement on the vaccine itself but the history of the two outlets responsible for broadcasting the information. Constant lying tends to build skepticism.

You can make of forum bet with GoChiefs if you like.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:24 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
"Retarded" for being skeptical of the two outlets shoveling the info on the vaccine?

I'd say you would have to be "retarded" not to be skeptical.

This is not a statement on the vaccine itself but the history of the two outlets responsible for broadcasting the information. Constant lying tends to build skepticism.

You can make of forum bet with GoChiefs if you like.
If it's not 100% clear to you that the vaccines are wildly successful at this point, that's well beyond skepticism. It's not like we're lacking data at this point.
[Reply]
Otter 07:28 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If it's not 100% clear to you that the vaccines are wildly successful at this point, that's well beyond skepticism. It's not like we're lacking data at this point.

"This is not a statement on the vaccine itself but the history of the two outlets responsible for broadcasting the information."
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08-15-2021, 07:36 AM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
Otter 07:52 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Okay, so if those two outlets broadcast that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, you would be skeptical of that too. That makes sense. Effective use of your limited ability to think critically.
I guess the point I'm not making clearly is that media and the government have given very good reason to not trust 100% of what they broadcast. I find it very acceptable for a rational person to be cautious and to question what these two entities portray.

I'll try a Venn Diagram.

If that does not illustrate my point clearly I politely concede and goose in line step without forethought.
Attached: vvd.jpg (25.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Otter 08:20 AM 08-15-2021
And just one more point and I'll go away...

Imagine how many more people would be vaccinated if they could trust the entities that provided information.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:48 AM 08-15-2021
At this point, the refusal by so many to just get the damned vaccine has wiped out a second year of performing and event work for me.

I give up.
[Reply]
Otter 09:09 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
At this point, the refusal by so many to just get the damned vaccine has wiped out a second year of performing and event work for me.

I give up.

I'm vaccinated. Pfizer. Both shots.

What I am pointing out is one of the bottlenecks in why many people aren't vaccinated.

It's a reality of the situation no matter how unpopular. Actions have actions have consequences. Much like when 'they' say people who don't get vaccinated deserve what 'they' get.

When you lie at convivence it tends to build. Everyone that I've talked to who doesn't have the vaccination doesn't trust the the outlets providing the information and for very good reason.

Much like I said I'm walking away from this thread. Lies tend to carry. I would never tell anyone not to get vaccinated but the distrust that has accumulated is a factor that needs to be taken into consideration.

Now, this time I'll leave this thread?

See how it works?
[Reply]
Monticore 09:28 AM 08-15-2021
"This is not a statement on the vaccine itself but the history of the two outlets responsible for broadcasting the information."
Why are people getting their medical advice from news entertainment news outlets?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:36 AM 08-15-2021
Imagine a world where leadership had a clear vision and other leaders fell in line with the messaging, even if they didn't agree with it, for the sake of clear and direct recommendations and guidance... and the media followed suit. And not for the sake of agendas and propaganda, but "this is what we know, this is the course of action we're taking, and we'll adjust as we get more info" /mic drop.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:43 AM 08-15-2021
Actually had a very intelligent conversation the other day with someone who isn't vaccinated yet. There was a little bit of "freedom to make my own medical decisions" to talk through, but they also have a medical history that is a risk factor, plus questions about starting a family (the CDC fully admits there isn't much data on pregnancies, but the medical history also plays a role in that)... they also found it a bit concerning that a lot of what they read was slanted towards "not much has been studied on xyz, but just get the shot anyway", but they had clearly done a lot of research. They have also had Covid (and a positive test).

It was very a very refreshing conversation with someone who wasn't simply being stubborn about it or swept up in the bullshit and was open to getting it at some point.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:11 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Imagine a world where leadership had a clear vision and other leaders fell in line with the messaging, even if they didn't agree with it, for the sake of clear and direct recommendations and guidance... and the media followed suit. And not for the sake of agendas and propaganda, but "this is what we know, this is the course of action we're taking, and we'll adjust as we get more info" /mic drop.
That would be boring and probably not as financially lucrative.

If you watch Canadian nightly /local news it’s boring as shit just facts/numbers all same messaging not opinions or commentary from the anchors thats why most some end up watching CNN or FOX even up here .
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:33 PM 08-15-2021
I'm vaccinated. Pfizer. Both shots.

What I am pointing out is one of the bottlenecks in why many people aren't vaccinated.

It's a reality of the situation no matter how unpopular. Actions have actions have consequences. Much like when 'they' say people who don't get vaccinated deserve what 'they' get.

When you lie at convivence it tends to build. Everyone that I've talked to who doesn't have the vaccination doesn't trust the the outlets providing the information and for very good reason.

Much like I said I'm walking away from this thread. Lies tend to carry. I would never tell anyone not to get vaccinated but the distrust that has accumulated is a factor that needs to be taken into consideration.

Now, this time I'll leave this thread?

See how it works?
Hey, cut that shit out. Dissenting opinions and skepticism aren’t even allowed from medical professionals. Who do you think you are?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:36 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Hey, cut that shit out. Dissenting opinions and skepticism aren’t even allowed from medical professionals. Who do you think you are?
Otter shared logical, reasonable thoughts. You mostly sound like an idiot because your ideology controls you so much that you can't listen to reason.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:37 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Actually had a very intelligent conversation the other day with someone who isn't vaccinated yet. There was a little bit of "freedom to make my own medical decisions" to talk through, but they also have a medical history that is a risk factor, plus questions about starting a family (the CDC fully admits there isn't much data on pregnancies, but the medical history also plays a role in that)... they also found it a bit concerning that a lot of what they read was slanted towards "not much has been studied on xyz, but just get the shot anyway", but they had clearly done a lot of research. They have also had Covid (and a positive test).

It was very a very refreshing conversation with someone who wasn't simply being stubborn about it or swept up in the bullshit and was open to getting it at some point.
Is that person masking currently then to try and protect themselves/others or just doing business as usual.
[Reply]
Page 3655 of 3903
« First < 2655315535553605364536513652365336543655 3656365736583659366537053755 > Last »
Up