ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3654 of 3903
« First < 2654315435543604364436503651365236533654 3655365636573658366437043754 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:49 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
ICU's are overflowing with covid patients, 95%+ unvaccinated, but, no this can't have anything to do with whether people are vaccinated or not.

Maybe if I think really hard I can find a scapegoat...
Covid is just like the flu and no big deal, masks and vaccines aren't needed, hospitals are inflating their numbers, and HCQ and Ivermectin are insta-cures.

But also illegals are spreading deadly disease that we should be very very terrified of.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:44 AM 08-14-2021
Peer reviewed study suggesting that the Polio vaccine may prevent or significantly reduce Covid-19 infection. This may explain why younger people while they may get Covid it is very mild for most.

If this is true then anyone who doesn't want the Covid vaccine could get the Polio vaccine since it is super safe and they mostly likely got as a child anyway.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...21.710010/full

Originally Posted by :
Second, we propose that these results help explain why there is an apparent age-dependent outcome following SARS-CoV-2 infection (1–3). There are many exceptions to this observation, as disease is seen in these younger age groups, but at a much lower incidence than the life-threatening disease often seen in adults (24, 25). While younger individuals may still possess immunity from childhood vaccinations, older adults can mount an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2 following poliovirus re-immunization. Without IPV or OPV boosters, older adults may remain at higher risk of severe disease and mortality (2, 26, 27). This retrospective study provides a preliminary understanding of the role poliovirus vaccination has in inhibiting viral replication of SARS-CoV-2. We are currently conducting a larger clinical trial (NCT04639375) to provide deeper validation of the potential utility of the safe and effective poliovirus vaccine as a prophylactic measure against COVID-19 infection (28).

The poliovirus vaccine poses minimal risk. The World Health Organization recommends poliovirus vaccine boosters for adults traveling to high-risk zones of polio infection (31). In comparison to other vaccines that are currently being tested for COVID-19 prevention, poliovirus vaccines, both IPV and OPV, are readily available with prior pharmacological, toxicity, chemical, manufacturing, and control data. Possible risks have been studied for over 60 years and all processes have been well-documented and established. Given the current climate of vaccine hesitancy with the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out, and projected vaccine shortage across the globe, the results reported here suggest more attention should be given to a vaccine that 90% of the world's population received as children. While these data show proteins other than “spike” proteins, such as RdRp, may be suitable targets for immunity and vaccine development, IPV may also be used to complement the new Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) COVID-19 vaccines, to further boost immunity and enhance the population's health. The results described here could be strengthened by additional studies performed in multiple countries—including low-income countries—to explore any possible variation in CPE of sera, especially among countries that administer OPV, compared to those that utilize IPV for childhood vaccinations.

This retrospective serological study demonstrates poliovirus vaccination produces antibodies that inhibit RdRp function, thereby preventing viral replication that may cause disease progression in infected individuals. Based on these laboratory findings, we conclude polio-vaccinated individuals (children or adults who have recently been immunized with IPV) may have a high level of protection against COVID-19 that non-inoculated individuals do not have.

[Reply]
stevieray 08:30 AM 08-14-2021
ICU's are overflowing
^Sensationalism^
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:04 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
^Sensationalism^
The truth is generally somewhere in between, but getting hung up on the drama of how someone says something doesn't make the problem less real or go away, nor does it provide any real solutions.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:59 AM 08-14-2021
had one of my buddies dad die from covid. Not sure if he smoked or had any other issues.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 11:05 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
had one of my buddies dad die from covid. Not sure if he smoked or had any other issues.
Sorry to hear that. My buddy's FIL has been in a vent for a week 😔. He hasn't been vaccinated.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:48 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The truth is generally somewhere in between, but getting hung up on the drama of how someone says something doesn't make the problem less real or go away, nor does it provide any real solutions.
ICU’s in Dallas hospitals are overflowing.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:11 PM 08-14-2021
ICU’s in Dallas hospitals are overflowing.
I wasn't disagreeing with the fact there's more sick people than beds.... FDE likes to read headlines or words like "overflowing" and then ironically completely dismiss it based on wording, instead of admitting the truth might be somewhere between his own idea of overflowing and everything being completely fine.

"Overflowing" might only be +5 or 10 beds in an ICU, but I see plenty of headlines that try to emphasize it to the point where if you didn't know any better, you would think there were hundreds of people needing ICU beds.

That +5 or 10 in each hospital around a large city is still a big fucking problem when hospitals are renting out additional space, flying in resources from other cities while flying patients to other cities, building ICUs in parking garages, etc.

But, FDE ignores all of that and stops by each morning to judge a word or person instead.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:32 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
^Sensationalism^
Did you get a covid vaccine?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:37 PM 08-14-2021
https://www.fsmb.org/advocacy/news-r...cense-at-risk/

Yes! Silence those dogs.

Strange though, I thought that the entire medical community was in agreement.

The Federation of State Medical Boards’ Board of Directors released the following statement in response to a dramatic increase in the dissemination of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and disinformation by physicians and other health care professionals on social media platforms, online and in the media:
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:24 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Sorry to hear that. My buddy's FIL has been in a vent for a week 😔. He hasn't been vaccinated.
seems like a real cheese dick thing to do fighting against safety shit with covid but as long as you can sleep at night.
[Reply]
Strongside 05:53 PM 08-14-2021
You fucks who think hospitals aren’t being pushed to the max right now don’t have family who work in healthcare. Staff have quit in mass numbers. Those left are working brutal shifts with an insane amount of PPE. My mom has had this virus twice from working COVID wards. We thought we were past this point, but here she is again - this time face timing her grandkids with mask bruises on her face because smallbrains think this is a hoax and that the vaccine is a microchip install.

You’re all too stupid to realize just how stupid you are. Ignorance is bliss, until someone unplugs your ventilator.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:08 PM 08-14-2021
I'm really wondering what the hell happens around here in a couple of months, because the two largest healthcare systems in the state (Dignity and Banner) are both requiring vaccines for everyone (even if you're remote) by November 1st.

If things get/stay bad, do they extend the date in a tone deaf "please stick around for a bit longer before we fire you for being unvaccinated" kind of way? I would guess most healthcare workers who aren't vaccinated would simply do it (and haven't for flimsy reasons, like being lazy or busy or even "won't do it until I have to"), but I could be totally wrong.

And there's plenty of office staff, etc; who make shit go that wouldn't necessarily care if all healthcare places mandate, as they would just find something else to do in another industry.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:14 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
seems like a real cheese dick thing to do fighting against safety shit with covid but as long as you can sleep at night.
Wait, what?? No clue what you're saying but I'm guessing you misread my post??
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:37 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Wait, what?? No clue what you're saying but I'm guessing you misread my post??
I don't have a clue either. I just mean if you are actively fighting the vax it seems a bit retarded at this point. This shit is going to drag on forever.
[Reply]
Page 3654 of 3903
« First < 2654315435543604364436503651365236533654 3655365636573658366437043754 > Last »
Up