ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3650 of 3903
« First < 2650315035503600364036463647364836493650 3651365236533654366037003750 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 10:11 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/pfize...delta-preprint

This seems a bit concerning.
Maybe a little. There's also peer reviewed studies out there that state the Pfizer vaccine is still highly effective in preventing even symptomatic cases.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by :
The study had its limitations; the sample size wasn’t representative of the U.S. population, and authors said other factors could've impacted the findings regarding reduced vaccine effectiveness (like "waning immunity over time, the dynamic landscape of SARS-CoV-2 variants, or other factors that were not considered here.")

"Our observational study suggests that while both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines strongly protect against infection and severe disease, there are differences in their real-world effectiveness relative to each other and relative to prior months of the pandemic," study authors concluded.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:11 AM 08-12-2021

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading infectious disease expert, tells NPR that booster shots of the coronavirus vaccine are needed for those who are immunocompromised. https://t.co/3QNiRYoinU

— NPR Politics (@nprpolitics) August 12, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 10:19 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The FDA will likely approve this tomorrow.
[Reply]
TLO 10:21 AM 08-12-2021
Oh hey..

Published in the New England Journal of Medicine today. Peer-reviewed. Large sample size. Sound methodology. Real-world data. Pfizer’s and AstraZeneca’s vaccines are highly effective against the Delta (B.1.617.2) variant. pic.twitter.com/FF5UlQC7OY

— Chise �������� (@sailorrooscout) August 12, 2021

Link to study. Good summary if you just click on that tweet above.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891
[Reply]
sedated 10:27 AM 08-12-2021
Its anecdotal evidence, but I had a video conference with some people at work yesterday and one of the women was pretty sick with Covid, apparently the delta variant. It was my understanding everyone at work was vaxxed, and she said on the call that her husband was vaxxed.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:40 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I’m a little more interested in trials demonstrating effectiveness. The safety profile matters little when the drug does not work. Not to mention, if you are giving it early to patients with few symptoms, that creates more issues as you may be giving it to patients who were never going to get very sick. If you are only giving it to high risk patients, that further skews the safety concerns. This is why we use robust clinical trials.

We’ve been through all this before, though.
Where is the evidence that it doesn't work when combined with zinc? There's plenty of evidence that it does, even in severely ill patients. All of the studies w/out zinc are meaningless.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:43 AM 08-12-2021
203 cases of COVID-19 linked to Chicago's Lollapalooza

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago health officials on Thursday reported 203 cases of COVID-19 connected to Lollapalooza, casting it as a number that was anticipated and not yet linked to any hospitalizations or deaths.

“Nothing unexpected here,” Department of Public Health Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady said at a news conference. “No sign of a ‘superspreader event’. But clearly with hundreds of thousands of people attending Lollapalooza we would expect to see some cases.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/203-cases...155236851.html
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:44 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Maybe a little. There's also peer reviewed studies out there that state the Pfizer vaccine is still highly effective in preventing even symptomatic cases.

Take it with a grain of salt.
Yes, I still think the vaccines are holding up well against hospitalization and death but it seems like their efficacy is decreasing over time.

Also, I'm glad that I got that Moderna shot which seems to be doing better against the delta than Pfizer.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:57 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Where is the evidence that it doesn't work when combined with zinc? There's plenty of evidence that it does, even in severely ill patients. All of the studies w/out zinc are meaningless.
Please, link the studies.
[Reply]
loochy 11:03 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Please, link the studies.

All of the studies I saw that showed success were in vitro. The in vivo studies did not produce the same results.
[Reply]
TLO 11:04 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Yes, I still think the vaccines are holding up well against hospitalization and death but it seems like their efficacy is decreasing over time.

Also, I'm glad that I got that Moderna shot which seems to be doing better against the delta than Pfizer.
I'm not sure this is true. Honestly anyone who got the vaccine should be happy. Not sure it makes a huge difference which one you got unless you got the made in China vaccine.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:08 AM 08-12-2021
I'm not sure this is true. Honestly anyone who got the vaccine should be happy. Not sure it makes a huge difference which one you got unless you got the made in China vaccine.
Eh, I think it's relatively clear that J&J isn't AS good at this point. It'll still keep you alive, but it doesn't seem as effective at keeping you from getting it entirely.

I don't regret getting it since I was able to do so a couple of months before I would have been able to get the other two, but the others are certainly a little more efficacious.

But yeah, Pfizer vs. Moderna? They are pretty much identical for all practical purposes.
[Reply]
NotDonger 11:14 AM 08-12-2021
My understanding is that the Moderna vaccine is 100 micrograms per shot, while Pfizer is ~30 micrograms.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:45 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
203 cases of COVID-19 linked to Chicago's Lollapalooza

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago health officials on Thursday reported 203 cases of COVID-19 connected to Lollapalooza, casting it as a number that was anticipated and not yet linked to any hospitalizations or deaths.

“Nothing unexpected here,” Department of Public Health Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady said at a news conference. “No sign of a ‘superspreader event’. But clearly with hundreds of thousands of people attending Lollapalooza we would expect to see some cases.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/203-cases...155236851.html
203+ 100% avoidable cases.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:48 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Its anecdotal evidence, but I had a video conference with some people at work yesterday and one of the women was pretty sick with Covid, apparently the delta variant. It was my understanding everyone at work was vaxxed, and she said on the call that her husband was vaxxed.
She was really sick but was on a video conference call?
[Reply]
Page 3650 of 3903
« First < 2650315035503600364036463647364836493650 3651365236533654366037003750 > Last »
Up