ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3648 of 3903
« First < 2648314835483598363836443645364636473648 3649365036513652365836983748 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tredadda 08:20 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
My primary stance is that money is/was the biggest driving force. I don't think anything can change that.

I don't have any strong positions on safety or risks at this point. I'm just highly skeptical and I think the CDC is underreporting reactions.

The fact that the control groups have been eliminated (at least in the case of Pfizer and Moderna) will make it very difficult to assess their true safety and efficacy.
You didn't really answer the question though. What would you need to see to change your stance? You are clearly skeptical, what would change that skepticism?
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:26 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Well put.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:45 PM 08-11-2021
A breathing Dunning Kruger graph. :-)

pic.twitter.com/uKfs80jvNP

— TamR MEd (@rutenbert) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:25 PM 08-11-2021

Mississippi, this is where we are. Fifty beds will be installed here in a concrete garage. The federal government will send overflow medical professionals to staff it. One of the last stopgaps between Mississippi and hospital system failure. pic.twitter.com/6Nj7e87qZZ

— Nick Judin (@nickjudin) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:53 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
A breathing Dunning Kruger graph. :-)

Lmao this was fantastic.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:22 PM 08-11-2021
I'm selective and mostly use products that are third party certified.
Who makes your wife’s inhaler?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:58 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Going to have to cancel and mandate masks
[Reply]
stevieray 05:00 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That guys wife didn't die because of covid patients. His wife died because she was sick. If the hospital thinks covid patients have priority, that's on them.

Hospitals are FOR profit. If their 15 to 40 beds are filling up for any reason, they don't have enough. That's on them.

Look at Research then look at St .Lukes. one looks like a hospital, the other a FANCY ASS OFFICE BULIDING. not a coinkydink how much the word money has been mentioned in this thread.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:52 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That guys wife didn't die because of covid patients. His wife died because she was sick. If the hospital thinks covid patients have priority, that's on them.

Hospitals are FOR profit. If their 15 to 40 beds are filling up for any reason, they don't have enough. That's on them.

Look at Research then look at St .Lukes. one looks like a hospital, the other a FANCY ASS OFFICE BULIDING. not a coinkydink how much the word money has been mentioned in this thread.

You need staff with special training for those beds and you can't just take some random person off the streets.

Your hospital logic does not always apply to all hospital around the world , your system is different and it just seems odd to me that doctors and hospitals are so vilified your country.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:05 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:

That's literally saying hospitals should have a building that sits empty for two decades, just in case there's a worldwide pandemic... and with the equipment, and standby staff (they aren't going to do anything, but just have them on payroll). I would guess most hospitals already sit at 30% empty or more the vast majority of the time. That's what they're doing in the pic you quoted... they're building a new floor. Other hospitals last year were renting out floors and buildings.

It would be like having one bad accident between Des Moines and Omaha that backs up traffic for hours, and then blaming the state and saying they should have spent millions to make the highway 8 lanes each way just for that one thing that happened.

And I'm guessing the reason they discharged his wife is because she has stage 4 cancer and in a triage situation, the hospital has to play god and determine who they're most likely to save. Hospitals might be for profit (I don't believe St. Luke's is, but whatever), but I'd say most doctors and nurses and front-line workers actually give a shit about human beings.... I've worked for greed before, but it doesn't mean I personally didn't give a shit about my job.

I would go out on a limb and say most doctors don't like playing god in that situation... and that most (well, all) doctors don't want to have to choose who stays and who goes while basically having to ignore the elephant in the room that one patient's sickness may have been completely unavoidable, but they have to go because they're sicker than the patient who's sickness was completely avoidable.

So yeah, it's easy to put on the glasses that make you see hospitals as greedy assholes and so forth, but it's actual people making decisions that impact whether people get the care they need or go home and die.... and if you're the person who chose to not get vaccinated, then run to a hospital and take someone's bed who has stage 4 cancer, you're at least a little responsible for the fact that person might die sooner or at least have even more shit to deal with because they got kicked out of the hospital.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:11 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You didn't really answer the question though. What would you need to see to change your stance? You are clearly skeptical, what would change that skepticism?
Probably some longterm studies by researchers without conflicts of interest. And proof that the mRNA strands break down in the body.

In the short-term, there is probably nothing that will. Too many red flags. Shaky trials. Cut corners. Blatant and intentional disregard for the scientific method by eliminating control groups. Zero liability for drug companies. Pharma’s history of suppressing negative effects in favor of product hype. The massive marketing and group-hate campaign. Silicon Valley censorship of anyone who voices concern. FB deleting a group for merely talking about side effects. CDC vastly underreporting death totals and reactions according to sworn testimony. Vaccine fact-checkers with ties to or funding from the vaccine manufacturers. Last year’s attack upon safe and effective treatments like zinc and Hcq. Honest and well-meaning individuals like Mercola and Bobby Kennedy Jr finding themselves at the top of a list called “Disinformation Dozen” and ruthlessly attacked/censored. The fact that it’s even called a vaccine when it doesn’t meet the legal, clinical or patent definition.

In February, Merriam-Webster literally changed their definition of vaccine to include “a preparation of genetic material (such as a strand of synthesized messenger RNA) that is used by the cells of the body to produce an antigenic substance (such as a fragment of virus spike protein).” Can’t make this stuff up.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:17 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Who makes your wife’s inhaler?
When did I say I’ve never used a drug or will never?

Do you really not see the difference between trusting an inhaler vs this emergency “vaccine?”
[Reply]
tredadda 07:29 AM 08-12-2021
Probably some longterm studies by researchers without conflicts of interest. And proof that the mRNA strands break down in the body.

In the short-term, probably nothing. Too many red flags. Shaky trials. Cut corners. Blatant and intentional disregard for the scientific method by eliminating control groups. Zero liability for drug companies. Pharma’s history of suppressing negative effects in favor of product hype. The massive marketing and group-hate campaign. Silicon Valley censorship of anyone who voices concern. FB deleting a group for merely talking about side effects. CDC vastly underreporting death totals and reactions according to sworn testimony. Vaccine fact-checkers with ties to or funding from the vaccine manufacturers. Last year’s attack upon safe and effective treatments like zinc and Hcq. Honest and well-meaning individuals like Mercola and Bobby Kennedy Jr finding themselves at the top of a list called “Disinformation Dozen” and ruthlessly attacked/censored. The fact that it’s even called a vaccine when it doesn’t meet the legal, clinical or patent definition.

In February, Merriam-Webster literally changed their definition of vaccine to include “a preparation of genetic material (such as a strand of synthesized messenger RNA) that is used by the cells of the body to produce an antigenic substance (such as a fragment of virus spike protein).” Can’t make this stuff up.
Appreciate the response. Thank you.
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 AM 08-12-2021
Think it's probably time to offer a booster dose to those in need. Extreme elderly, transplant patients etc.

Looking at the differences in studies, looks like the moderna time between doses makes a marked difference in efficacy. The UK spaced out 12 weeks and provides a really strong response.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:52 AM 08-12-2021
When did I say I’ve never used a drug or will never?

Do you really not see the difference between trusting an inhaler vs this emergency “vaccine?”
Did you consult with your doctor before taking it? if your are taking other meds were you aware of possible conflicts and were you aware of all the possible side effects .
[Reply]
Page 3648 of 3903
« First < 2648314835483598363836443645364636473648 3649365036513652365836983748 > Last »
Up