Media Center>House of the Dragon
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:20 PM 10-18-2022
Alright, what's the consensus on this one? Worth watching? I haven't seen a single bit of content from this series yet.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:31 PM 10-18-2022
I would skip this one and go with go with lord of the rings
[Reply]
staylor26 08:01 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Alright, what's the consensus on this one? Worth watching? I haven't seen a single bit of content from this series yet.

[Reply]
Fish 10:23 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Daemon is going to fuck some shit up, and I'm here for it.
That's my hope at this point. The only halfway redeemable cool-ass character left. I wanna see him mount up Caraxes and just fucking annihilate everything.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:58 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
A glaring WTF moment no doubt. Not understanding the motivation to not have a Targ BBQ right then and there.
Why would she? I can't believe how so many people are stuck on this.

They are literally family and kinslaying is 1 of the absolute worst things in Westeros. What have any of them done to deserve death (BY Rhaenys as the executioner), ESPECIALLY Helaena and other innocents up there? What would the fallout be if she murdered the royal family? Every House in the realm would rise against her. (Granted, they don't have dragons, but STILL. WHY?!)

What WAS stupid was coming up through the ceiling in the first place. Especially if she only intended to leave. Whatever kind of show of force or intention that was supposed to be, I mean it was just unnecessary (i.e. killing the small folk). The second she flies to Dragonstone the greens know what's up. And they already know she has a dragon. I just don't buy that she accomplishes anything with her actions.

I will say this, although I still don't agree with the way it was handled.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
CupidStunt 05:10 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's my hope at this point. The only halfway redeemable cool-ass character left. I wanna see him mount up Caraxes and just ****ing annihilate everything.
I don't get it. Are you only counting a handful of the very main characters?

I do hope S2 gives more screen time to ... no spoilers so I'll just throw out names who could deserve more screen time ... Helaena, Jace, Baela, Rhaena, Harrold Westerling, the Cargyll twins, and multiple other characters yet to come.

And then there's THAT guy who will add a VERY different flavor to the green side.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Why would she? I can't believe how so many people are stuck on this.

They are literally family and kinslaying is 1 of the absolute worst things in Westeros.
That seems the consensus. You can do a lot of shit, really bad shit but slaying a King is off the table. Even if its a illegitimate one.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That seems the consensus. You can do a lot of shit, really bad shit but slaying a King is off the table. Even if its a illegitimate one.
Not king, kin.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:58 AM 10-19-2022
That kid fighting pit addition was up there on the GoT list of horrific shit for me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:43 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
The queen lets Larys jerk off looking at her feet. :-).. that's so GoT...
Yeah, could have done without that. Olivia Cook is goddamned hot. I mean GODDAMNED HOT. Her feet aren't gross, but they're just feet man.

Whatever. I get it. It just doesn't do much for me.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That kid fighting pit addition was up there on the GoT list of horrific shit for me.
Woof. Yeah, as a parent of an 8 year old and 4 year old, I'm not here for watching kids get murdered.

I sound like a giant pussy here - the feet thing is whatever. But I legitimately can't do kids suffering. They didn't stuff it down my throat but I'm not here for that. Even before I had kids, I'll watch dudes murder the fuck out of each other all day long. But not kids man. I can't do kids suffering. It'll be interesting to see how that story develops, they spent a lot of time there for it to be just a one off thing.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well.. didn't take long for Aemond to pine for the throne lol
That was actually compelling television IMO. I thought he was douchetacular since he rode the dragon. But here he showed a bit of vulnerability and restraint and loyalty. Before his dad died, the dude obviously gave no fucks. He's the motherfucker flushing M-80s and shit and laughing hysterically as the basement floods.

But here, where there are real stakes, he showed appropriate restraint and still executed his duty admirably. Besides, he is absolutely not wrong. And it's hard to motherfuck that dude when he's saying that.

Plus, when the family was staring down the face of death, his face was the only one with a reaction I cared about. Really strong performance, and quite the heel turn from my perspective.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Another good episode. They really just swooped in there and took the crown before anyone knew what was happening.

Spoiler!

I really don't like Ser Criston. Dude is such a simp.

Spoiler!
The small council meeting was totally unexpected and well executed IMO.

Hat tip to Westerling. BAMF right there definitely with Ser Barriston Selmy vibes. I'm all about that.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Daemon is going to fuck some shit up, and I'm here for it.
YES. They really did get right the fuck to it huh? It wasn't what I was expecting, but it makes the most sense in hindsight.

Surprisingly, there weren't a bunch of deaths to start with other than that dude that kept bothering Rhyneara about if he could help her. I was shocked to see that dude eat shit. RIP to dude that wasn't a motherfucker.

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
She shoulda cooked 'em.
Yeah, they should have waxed her and she should have waxed them. Lots of life will be lost because dudes couldn't pull the trigger.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10-20-2022, 12:44 AM
This message has been deleted by Buehler445. Reason: Computer went ape shit.
Buehler445 10-20-2022, 12:45 AM
Buehler445 10-20-2022, 12:45 AM
Buehler445 10-20-2022, 12:46 AM
Buehler445 10-20-2022, 12:47 AM
Buehler445 10-20-2022, 12:48 AM
Buehler445 01:40 AM 10-20-2022
Sorry. My computer went ape shit. It’s a really fucking old rig that was hot spotted through my phone on the tractor.

I shouldn’t post on the tractor. And that computer probably needs to go.

My bad.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:41 AM 10-20-2022
So if you want your mind blown, I had the Replacements on in the background because why not. The credits pop up and I see a name that looks familiar. And yep. Otto Hightower is Nigel Fucking Gruff. CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

[Reply]
Kman34 05:58 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So if you want your mind blown, I had the Replacements on in the background because why not. The credits pop up and I see a name that looks familiar. And yep. Otto Hightower is Nigel Fucking Gruff. CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

Holy Shit! That blows my mind..
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:49 AM 10-20-2022
:-) No shit!

"I'm wiry"

I love his voice in HotD.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:46 PM 10-20-2022
Haha, no shit? That's bad ass.

Here's another for you - Ser Westerling was the Saint of Killers on Preacher.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 37
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up