Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 07:18 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He’s still the most intriguing character. They’re all going pretty much scumbags. Rhaenyra is looking to fuck her uncle, and maybe anything else with hangdown. Viserys is banging his daughters best friend. Alicents family whored her out to her best friends dad. Cole is the only dude that has any honor and he dumped his vows to bang the girl he was guarding. The Strongs are fostering division and weaseling their way into power.

Rhea Royce, while I enjoyed her banter very much, she was kind of a bronze bitch.
Exactly. There are basically no heroes in Westeros. GRRM purposely makes all of his characters gray at best.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:29 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It could have done well honestly. Its not even the "woke" garbage killing it. Its the shit writing.

HoD writing is vastly superior
Shit writing, props/armor, real sets vs CGI, level of violence/mature themes.

Load of problems amazon has with ROP that probably would have been ignored by casual viewers if they weren't going H2H with The Princess and the Queen. IMHO.
[Reply]
Sorter 07:33 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Do you still like Daemon, staylor?

That guy is a straight up scumbag at this point.
There are 3 events I remember that are just astoundingly brutal. Very curious to see if they put them all in the show.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:35 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. There are basically no heroes in Westeros. GRRM purposely makes all of his characters gray at best.
And the Targaryans are all fucked in the head, to boot. Viserys seemed to be the only one with sense in the lot, and he even sees himself as a soft king that will be soon forgotten.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:36 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And the Targaryans are all fucked in the head, to boot. Viserys seemed to be the only one with sense in the lot, and he even sees himself as a soft king that will be soon forgotten.
When the world around you is pure savagery, it's almost just as bad.

Viserys' weakness is what leads to the entire civil war.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:23 PM 09-21-2022
Daemon doesn't have any redeeming qualities to me.

I guess he's supposed to be a badass fighter but so far I've only seen him get beat up by Ser Calvin Klein and kill a crippled burn victim.

Robert Baratheon and Jaime Lannister were shit people but they had a certain charm that Daemon lacks, IMO.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:24 PM 09-21-2022
I do enjoy his character in the show. He's definitely an agent of chaos. Good for drama.

He's just a huge cunt.
[Reply]
Fish 08:48 PM 09-21-2022
Ser Calvin Klein
:-)... well done...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:11 PM 09-21-2022
Daemon doesn't have any redeeming qualities to me.

I guess he's supposed to be a badass fighter but so far I've only seen him get beat up by Ser Calvin Klein and kill a crippled burn victim.

Robert Baratheon and Jaime Lannister were shit people but they had a certain charm that Daemon lacks, IMO.
I dunno, I dig the smart ass. And it was fairly compelling television to see him own that Royce fool. Whatever his name was.

And at some point there has to be a mononom of respect for the idea that fuck the decorum, fuck the politicking, fuck doing shit for the sake of what anybody else thinks. Let's do shit that needs to be done.

What he did with the city watch and crime in the city was commendable. And he got pissed on for it. He didn't really start stirring shit until they booted him off the council for doing precisely what was asked of him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:04 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And at some point there has to be a mononom of respect for the idea that fuck the decorum, fuck the politicking, fuck doing shit for the sake of what anybody else thinks. Let's do shit that needs to be done.
OK, I will give you this.

He doesn't give a damn and it shows. That is pretty cool.

And he definitely does care at least a little bit about his brother and niece..
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:06 PM 09-22-2022
About the most recent episode, any ideas why this dude beat the gay guy to death?

One minute they're talking about protecting their paramours and the next, dude's beating his face into a pulp for no apparent reason.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:09 PM 09-22-2022
About the most recent episode, any ideas why this dude beat the gay guy to death?

One minute they're talking about protecting their paramours and the next, dude's beating his face into a pulp for no apparent reason.
To protect the princess and their secret i imagine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:17 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
To protect the princess and their secret i imagine.
That's what my girlfriend said, but that still leaves the Velaryion kid who knows the secret and now has a supreme grudge against you.

It also seems counterintuitive to bash a guy's brains in publicly to protect a secret.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:18 PM 09-22-2022

They had been building up a slow burn of tension and things going awry for Cole the whole episode (and really for the last few).

Being confronted with a too-smiling, smarmy knight who has a big/loud mouth and makes it apparent he knows your secret just pushed him over the edge.

All Cole has is the name he has made for himself, his service in the Kingsguard. His attempt to build something more was somewhat coldly shoved back in his face by the woman he loves and respects.

By killing Flowers and then himself, he protects his secret (better to be a murderer who kills himself out of guilt than a kingsguard who has "befouled" the Princess of the Realm). Except Alicent steps in.

I am enjoying the way they are filling in all the little pieces of context that were left mysterious about the Dance of Dragons, Cole's turn against Rhaenyra being one of them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:26 PM 09-22-2022

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They had been building up a slow burn of tension and things going awry for Cole the whole episode (and really for the last few).

Being confronted with a too-smiling, smarmy knight who has a big/loud mouth and makes it apparent he knows your secret just pushed him over the edge.

All Cole has is the name he has made for himself, his service in the Kingsguard. His attempt to build something more was somewhat coldly shoved back in his face by the woman he loves and respects.

By killing Flowers and then himself, he protects his secret (better to be a murderer who kills himself out of guilt than a kingsguard who has "befouled" the Princess of the Realm). Except Alicent steps in.

I am enjoying the way they are filling in all the little pieces of context that were left mysterious about the Dance of Dragons, Cole's turn against Rhaenyra being one of them.
The way I interpreted it, is - on the boat he ham fistedly proposed to her. She rebuffed him with a chuckle. So then he says all he has is his honor which he pissed on when they fuck. And obviously denigrating his honor is killing him.

Then this Jeoffrey fool is up in here just talking about it like it's a good thing, and it pushes him over the edge and he snaps and beats that queer to death.

The taking his own life bit is just so he wouldn't be gilded.

That's the way I read it.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up