Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:34 PM 08-28-2022
Thoroughly enjoyed. More more more.

Staylor, your boy was a little bitch when confronted with a powerful blonde girl. Weak.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:50 PM 08-28-2022
I loved hearing the GoT theme song this time around. I don’t believe if was in the first episode. It was a little different with it not showing a map, but I suppose the show hasn’t ventured to many city’s or showing multiple storylines like GoT.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:15 PM 08-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Episode 2 was good. Looking at the coming attraction, I’m not sure I like the quick fast forward.
Agreed! Really enjoy it so far. But based on the trailer for next week:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:06 PM 08-28-2022
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Agreed! Really enjoy it so far. But based on the trailer for next week:

Spoiler!

I took it as just a preview of the series not the next episode. Mostly because the preview showed the crab situation getting action so unless they literally want us to think that gets dealt with years from now it would seem at least next weeks episode isn’t a big jump, unless they did it mid episode.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:30 AM 08-29-2022
I liked the second episode more than the first. Nice to see the credit sequence, it was visually satisfying. The opening scene was compelling. There was a nice dramatic peak to the main conflict and it was resolved well. The story moved along and made me interested in what happens next. Best of all no scenes of Doctor Who fucking a whore doggy style and grunting in dissatisfaction when he failed to ejaculate, I can live without those.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:03 AM 08-29-2022
yeah I'm still cautiously optimistic for this show.

I'd rate it a solid B so far which isn't bad, an A+ episode would be like the Red Wedding episode. I guess it's still possible for it to fall apart but they have source material and everyone involved seems competent.

Looking forward to a fight between 2 dragon riders which I assume will happen at some point (I haven't read the books this is based on but I mean it seems like something that will happen)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:06 AM 08-29-2022
I haven't read this book but if it ends the same with the girl going full tyrant and killing innocent people I'll be pissed
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:22 AM 08-29-2022
They have to jump ahead in time to get close to the Dance of Dragons timeline.

Otherwise it would be like a 15 year build up to it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:54 AM 08-29-2022
I enjoyed it. I don't think they're killing it Better Call Saul style, but I was satisfied by the end of it.

I won't lie, I was creeped out at the prospect of marrying the 12 year old. That was just unpleasant.

I watched a dork video and got a bit spoiled. Normally the dork videos are good about it, but I'm guessing he talked in a different dork video about where the story goes, because the way he talked, he presumed the audience knew where this was going. I did not. But just a heads up, spoilers are out there.

I heard a interesting take on a podcast this morning. The take was that after the first few seasons, GOT had a GRRM shaped hole in it because it ran out of the books, and the shows lacked the story building components that made GOT great. HOD has a D&D shaped hole in it that lacks the magic of getting some of the dialogue fleshed out and on screen as a charismatic performance. That's all paraphrased, but that's the jist of it.

And I think its right. There was some good stuff in there. The line, "I'd rather face Balereon himself than a 15 year old girl" is legitimately funny. But it lacked the Sean Bean humility or the Ian Glenn grizzled wisdom of similar comments. I had forgotten how funny it is when they say "7 hells", but it certainly doesn't land the same from a wooden performance than Mark Addy bellowing it at the top of his lungs.

I think that take is pretty accurate, but that's not me putting it on blast, they did a lot of stuff right. Daemon's performance was really nuanced and good IMO. And they got back to doing a nice job of setting up what's coming without some blocky stupid exposition that beats you over the head with it.

And I totally dorked out when she

Spoiler!

That was awesome. I'm a fucking 10 year old. LOL
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:02 AM 08-29-2022
The palpable unease in Viserys effectively courting his 12 year old cousin successfully outdid any sort of bids for an emotional response in a viewer than anything from GoT S8.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:40 AM 08-29-2022
First two episodes of this have been more entertaining than the first two episodes of GoT.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:42 AM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
First two episodes of this have been more entertaining than the first two episodes of GoT.
If you ever talk this way about Sean Bean again........ I'm leaving you
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:45 AM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
If you ever talk this way about Sean Bean again........ I'm leaving you
Dragons. Cool CGI. Crab people and shit. GoT season 1 took awhile to pick up steam.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:52 AM 08-29-2022
my only problem with this show is that Rhaenyra is just dany lite at this point, and it's becoming annoying
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:58 AM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
my only problem with this show is that Rhaenyra is just dany lite at this point, and it's becoming annoying
You should just be happy that she isn't black.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 37
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up