ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do you do with coins as change?
I donate it to beggars 2 4.08%
I run it through a change machine that charges 10% 6 12.24%
My bank loves change, except for the tellers. 13 26.53%
I keep it in a jar with no idea how to cash it in for its value 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What do you with the coinage received as change?
Stewie 08:01 PM 05-19-2022
Pennies, nickels, dimes...

What do you do with them?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:18 AM 05-20-2022
I assume people with jars of coins. Use it to weigh down bodies, cats, dogs, nosey neighbors
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:24 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I disagree.

I prove it daily.

They both have their benefits for certain things.
How do you prove it? I get a minimum 2% rebate on anything I buy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:37 AM 05-20-2022
I like to role play with my partner and stuff them I'm his ASS like a piggy bank
[Reply]
loochy 08:48 AM 05-20-2022
I keep it in a jar to use for whatever. When the jar is full I take it to the bank and put it in my son's savings account.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:50 AM 05-20-2022
Coinstar doesn't charge fees if you use it for gift cards, so I just get an Amazon card. That said, I use plastic for 99% of my spending these days, so I probably only bother with turning coins in once every 2-3 years.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:51 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Wrong, cash is KING. I don't carry much, but I hate to pull out plastic for something that costs less than $5.01. If I go to my watering hole for a beer and it's $3.25, I leave the $1.75 as a tip. For what I have left from the end of the day, I put in a jar and have the grandkids roll it up in coin wrappers and take them to the bank. I'm a good grandpa.
You're an old man, oldman.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:55 AM 05-20-2022
I collect change in a 4 liter glass Erlenmeyer flask. It currently holds about 1.5 liters.

I changed banks 3 years ago to an online bank, and forgot to convert my change at the old bank. During the pandemic, I began to use cash much less frequently and the change jugs is holding fairly steady.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:08 AM 05-20-2022
There were still some cash only establishments I'd visit when I lived in Chicago. I also had a lawn service come out a couple weeks ago that only took cash or check. Fortunately I had an old temporary check from my bank to give them.

I do like to keep some cash on me, mostly for street vendors and such, but would rather pay in plastic whenever possible.

I keep my change in a Jameson whiskey tube. Has to weigh 15lbs at this point.

Back in college I worked at a full service carwash. I would just vacuum up any loose change on the floorboards. After close I'd empty out the vacuums and accumulate hundreds of dollars in dusty coins.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:26 AM 05-20-2022
At home I put it in a Ziploc container I'd say it's 4" x 8" until it's full then go cash it in.

At our camper I put it in a tequila bottle.

I also have a full coors light party ball that I have to do something with sometime (if you know what one of those are).
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:28 AM 05-20-2022
The penny, the nickel, the dime the quarter...
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:28 AM 05-20-2022
Always keep your nickels, then send them to me. Thanks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:32 AM 05-20-2022
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Always keep your nickels, then send them to me. Thanks.

[Reply]
Monticore 09:32 AM 05-20-2022
Best thing we ever did up here is get rid of the penny , I would highly recommend it with the other coinage I just fill up a cookie jar and roll them up and bring them to the bank at some point with toonies and loonies you don’t realize how much cash you accumulate so it can be worth the trip to the bank.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:34 AM 05-20-2022
Throw it in a jar along with throwing ones and fives in a box next to it. At the end of the year I take deposit it and then send it into a Roth IRA. Typically get a few thousand dollars at the end of the year.

I do a ton of cash transactions just for this reason
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:36 AM 05-20-2022
I also have a collection of drummer boy quarters
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up