ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 39
« First < 273334353637 3839 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:24 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Seasonal depression can be a bitch. Never really had to deal with it until I moved from Cali to Oregon.
I used to get it real bad but going for walks in the winter has helped tremendously
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:50 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
It’s tough to remain motivated

I try and tell myself, motivation should not control my actions, it’s just an emotion. Even if I just go through the motions it is better than nothing

Even if I’m not motivated I still go to work, clean up the house, do the other stuff I have to do. Why would working out be different?

It’s still a struggle. Having a home gym has really helped me.
It took me a solid 3 months to really make it a routine, which was good practice for a couple years because I've switched up from working out at home in the afternoons, to walking ~0.4 miles to a gym in the afternoon for a few months, to a 1/2 mile drive at 6am to the gym in the past month or so.

It's become a thing, like those other things you mentioned, where it's not simply "I don't have to workout today," but "if I don't do it this morning, the gym is going to be far busier after work" or "I could skip Monday morning, but then I'm on a Tues/Thurs/Sat thing and I'm really not getting up Sat morning".... and that alarm clock still sucks, and I still think about falling back asleep.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:58 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
The drive from work to the gym kills me. It takes 50 minutes to get there and I’m on the highway the entire time. I set the cruise control and start falling asleep lol. The weather has been making me lazy. All I want to do is go home and sleep, it sucks.
Man, why is your gym so far? I know for me, if the gym isn't within a 10 minute drive, not even I would go and I love the gym.

Good thing my gym is literally 2 minutes from my house. Makes the 5 am workouts that much easier.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:07 PM 02-08-2023
I have a new rep fitness bench coming in tomorrow, super excited for that. Had been using a cheap flybird bench on Amazon that was starting to make me nervous.

What programs are you all using? I am using a 531 called Boring But Big. Also just started creatine.

I’ve been pretty happy with the home set up. Got started in October after having nothing more than 52.5 lb adjustable dumbbells

I can now squat 255, but I don’t really count it because I was a bit shallow. Going to lower the weight back down and focus on depth
Really want to get the bench up, but shoulder is still bugging me. Did 195 for 4 reps. Long way to go here

My deadlift has been improving nicely. Really focusing on belly breathing, bracing. Have gotten to 225 for 3 reps
Shoulder press is something I am really enjoying. Engaging the core has really made a difference with the barbell.

My mental health is better than it has been in a very long time. Diet is still a struggle but getting better all the time. Trying to recomp rather than cut, but I really am not following my calories close enough.
[Reply]
In58men 08:25 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Man, why is your gym so far? I know for me, if the gym isn't within a 10 minute drive, not even I would go and I love the gym.

Good thing my gym is literally 2 minutes from my house. Makes the 5 am workouts that much easier.
It’s my work that’s far, I go to the gym straight after work. If I go home it’s even longer and when I get home I don’t want to leave lol. Honestly, it’s just the weather mixed with the long drive. I’m up at 4:30 every morning and leave work @ 4. I’m gone for 11 hours everyday, it’s exhausting. I gotta get back into it for sure.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:28 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
It’s my work that’s far, I go to the gym straight after work. If I go home it’s even longer and when I get home I don’t want to leave lol. Honestly, it’s just the weather mixed with the long drive. I’m up at 4:30 every morning and leave work @ 4. I’m gone for 11 hours everyday, it’s exhausting. I gotta get back into it for sure.
Preworkout? It’s a crutch but the stim is sometimes helpful.

I’m with you man. If I had to actually go to the gym, it would be really hard. The wife has the kids all day when I work, so I couldn’t leave the house as soon as I got home. Without stuff at home I couldnt do it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:48 AM 02-09-2023
I have a new rep fitness bench coming in tomorrow, super excited for that. Had been using a cheap flybird bench on Amazon that was starting to make me nervous.

What programs are you all using? I am using a 531 called Boring But Big. Also just started creatine.

I’ve been pretty happy with the home set up. Got started in October after having nothing more than 52.5 lb adjustable dumbbells

I can now squat 255, but I don’t really count it because I was a bit shallow. Going to lower the weight back down and focus on depth
Really want to get the bench up, but shoulder is still bugging me. Did 195 for 4 reps. Long way to go here

My deadlift has been improving nicely. Really focusing on belly breathing, bracing. Have gotten to 225 for 3 reps
Shoulder press is something I am really enjoying. Engaging the core has really made a difference with the barbell.

My mental health is better than it has been in a very long time. Diet is still a struggle but getting better all the time. Trying to recomp rather than cut, but I really am not following my calories close enough.
I made a lot more progress with upper body than lower at home, as I just didn't have the weights for a good leg workout, and the bodyworkleg routine was lacking in that it would go from really easy to nordic curls.... and then on top of that, grip strength issues with tennis elbow bullshit and a tweaky knee for a little while.

Going to the gym helps a ton with the typical machines and I've made good progress in the past 5 months, but know I just need to bite the bullet and add some squats and deadlifts so I don't look like gym bro who really loves arm day (and I do love arm day!). Basically feels like I'm a year behind on leg days though. :-)
[Reply]
SupDock 08:56 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I made a lot more progress with upper body than lower at home, as I just didn't have the weights for a good leg workout, and the bodyworkleg routine was lacking in that it would go from really easy to nordic curls.... and then on top of that, grip strength issues with tennis elbow bullshit and a tweaky knee for a little while.

Going to the gym helps a ton with the typical machines and I've made good progress in the past 5 months, but know I just need to bite the bullet and add some squats and deadlifts so I don't look like gym bro who really loves arm day (and I do love arm day!). Basically feels like I'm a year behind on leg days though. :-)
I hate legs. I like deadlifting more than squatting, but the squatting burn just doesn’t do it for me. I love the upper body burn, but squatting, just don’t like it.

On the bright side, squats and deadlifts are the exercise most linked to increasing testosterone.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:51 AM 02-09-2023
I hate legs. I like deadlifting more than squatting, but the squatting burn just doesn’t do it for me. I love the upper body burn, but squatting, just don’t like it.

On the bright side, squats and deadlifts are the exercise most linked to increasing testosterone.
Deads are primarily a back exercise. If going heavy with deads they should be done on back day. If going them on leg day then go light and for reps;.
[Reply]
loochy 09:58 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Deads are primarily a back exercise. If going heavy with deads they should be done on back day. If going them on leg day then go light and for reps;.

Well I think it depends on your build and stance. For some of the short leg, long arm guys it is definitely a leg exercise. For a leggy MFer like myself, my back takes a lot of the brunt since I have to bend over so far to keep balance. Or, if you're a wide sumo guy, then you can utilize legs much more without bending over much at all.

But yeah, I do them on back day (only rack deads and only relatively light since I tore my lat)
[Reply]
penguinz 10:13 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well I think it depends on your build and stance. For some of the short leg, long arm guys it is definitely a leg exercise. For a leggy MFer like myself, my back takes a lot of the brunt since I have to bend over so far to keep balance. Or, if you're a wide sumo guy, then you can utilize legs much more without bending over much at all.

But yeah, I do them on back day (only rack deads and only relatively light since I tore my lat)
it does not depend on anything. it is literally a back exercise if proper form is used.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:33 AM 02-09-2023
it does not depend on anything. it is literally a back exercise if proper form is used.
Care to share some resources? I have seen a ton that completely contradicts this.

I certainly don’t do them on the same day, but the idea that DL isn’t a lower body exercise doesn’t make sense to me.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:39 AM 02-09-2023
Care to share some resources? I have seen a ton that completely contradicts this.
Legs are an accessory. Once you get above your knees the majority of the work is on your back.

If you want the primary work to be legs then squat.

If you are to go heavy on deads then do them on back day. If you are wanting to do them on leg day then go lighter and for reps. Also make sure your back and leg day aren't on back-to-back days so your back gets plenty of rest.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:46 AM 02-09-2023
This thread is a bunch of broken old dudes held together with duct tape giving advice lol
[Reply]
SupDock 11:14 AM 02-09-2023
Legs are an accessory. Once you get above your knees the majority of the work is on your back.

If you want the primary work to be legs then squat.

If you are to go heavy on deads then do them on back day. If you are wanting to do them on leg day then go lighter and for reps. Also make sure your back and leg day aren't on back-to-back days so your back gets plenty of rest.
I do both, and not on the same day. DL is a leg exercise too.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 39
« First < 273334353637 3839 >
Up