ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3821 of 3903
« First < 2821332137213771381138173818381938203821 382238233824382538313871 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 12-10-2021
I'm still thinking it's mild because it's mostly reinfections and breakthroughs. We shall see though.

My high school friend ended up on ECMO, haven't heard much in the past few days. Another high school friends parents aren't doing well with it. His dad was my pee wee football coach all the way thru elementary. 60ish, went on a vent I believe Wednesday. Mom is still at home but oxygen is way low.

It's just rampant back in my little home town. Sad deal.
[Reply]
Fish 01:13 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This I'd where I diverge from folks making the case that "who cares about the unvaccinated, you are protecting yourself". These people are ****ing over our healthcare workers, and it's disheartening to see my nursing Facebook friends posting about the terrible conditions.
Good friend of mine recently quit her nursing job for the same reason. Said she was just so tired of people sick and dying on a ventilator arguing with her that they didn't actually have covid. I can't imagine.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:34 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm still thinking it's mild because it's mostly reinfections and breakthroughs. We shall see though.

My high school friend ended up on ECMO, haven't heard much in the past few days. Another high school friends parents aren't doing well with it. His dad was my pee wee football coach all the way thru elementary. 60ish, went on a vent I believe Wednesday. Mom is still at home but oxygen is way low.

It's just rampant back in my little home town. Sad deal.
I am sorry about your friend.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:36 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Good friend of mine recently quit her nursing job for the same reason. Said she was just so tired of people sick and dying on a ventilator arguing with her that they didn't actually have covid. I can't imagine.
I don't have the temperament for that kind of thing. I'd be too tempted to slip some sedatives in with the other drugs just to shut them up.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:43 PM 12-10-2021
Don't blame them. When you have to deal with a quasi-mass casualty situation every shift for 12 straight hours, we are talking PTSD for some of these workers.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:45 PM 12-10-2021
I presume if they don't have covid then they don't want covid treatments, right? Problem solved (in a few days).
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:25 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
After I got COVID last week, my wife got a couple of those in-home tests, and she took one on Monday. Her's came back negative.

Very Important Side Note:
My wife was double vaxxed and had her booster over a month ago. She has been around me non-stop, unmasked, and has had zero symptoms. She had to go to a meeting and wanted to make sure she wasn't infected. So, she took another in home test yesterday and it came back negative again. My point is this - get vaxxed, and go get the booster. My wife appears to be proof positive that the booster is keeping her safe from me :-)
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/09/us/ho...gan/index.html

Originally Posted by :
"Since January, we've had about 289 deaths; 75% are unvaccinated people," Dover said. "And the very few (vaccinated people) who passed away all were more than 6 months out from their shot. So we've not had a single person who has had a booster shot die from Covid."

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:40 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
We're getting ready to have a couple family get-togethers and COVID has been circling in the family. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with at-home rapid result tests (not the kind you mail in)? Even if they're just mostly accurate it seems like it could reduce risk a little??
They are about 80% accurate from what I have been told by our safety guy. We have had many people use them as an initial diagnosis and every time they have come up positive the person has had a confirmed positive with PCR afterwards.

I don't know of any false negatives off hand.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 04:04 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They are about 80% accurate from what I have been told by our safety guy. We have had many people use them as an initial diagnosis and every time they have come up positive the person has had a confirmed positive with PCR afterwards.

I don't know of any false negatives off hand.
Cool, thanks
[Reply]
loochy 08:32 PM 12-10-2021
We're getting ready to have a couple family get-togethers and COVID has been circling in the family. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with at-home rapid result tests (not the kind you mail in)? Even if they're just mostly accurate it seems like it could reduce risk a little??
my wife bought a lot of them from amazon last summer. They are easy to use and they've put us at ease a few times when we've had colds. We used one to detect my son's positive, so that let him get into (and consequently out of) the 10 day quarantine faster. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper and more convenient than going to the doctor, and you're not out and about spreading it if you ARE sick.
[Reply]
loochy 08:35 PM 12-10-2021
Welp, Aunt Judy, you tested positive so you go sit in the car while we enjoy opening presents and gorging on a feast. Uncle Joe will join you in about 9 hours to drive back home. Happy holidays?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:58 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Welp, Aunt Judy, you tested positive so you go sit in the car while we enjoy opening presents and gorging on a feast. Uncle Joe will join you in about 9 hours to drive back home. Happy holidays?
Ha! I was actually thinking they could take them the day before but I kinda like your idea.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:48 AM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'm good. Thanks. Today is a really good day. My aches and pains are mostly gone, and my coughing is pretty limited. My sense of taste and smell left me, which is a truly bizarre sensation. Hoping that comes back soon.
Glad to hear it. Definitely odd to lose that taste and smell. I guess it's a good time to eat healthier maybe until you can actually taste. Hopefully it's back quick.
[Reply]
007 10:02 PM 12-11-2021

There are a lot of nurses leaving the profession. But not just because of patients and families. Because of the way they are treated by management.
[Reply]
TLO 10:09 PM 12-11-2021
So is Omegatron9000Plus going to turn out to be a cold for most?
[Reply]
Page 3821 of 3903
« First < 2821332137213771381138173818381938203821 382238233824382538313871 > Last »
Up