ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3761 of 3903
« First < 2761326136613711375137573758375937603761 3762376337643765377138113861 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:51 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

I also don’t think I’d be throwing stones about “bad predictions” no matter which side you stand on.

No one has really gotten this right
Exactly. Lots of people including myself have said dumb things\predictions about covid.

I like MM but he needs to have a little humility.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:53 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
:-)
I did think that public policy should not be based on assuming an arrival of a vaccine at a certain date but that is quite a bit different than what you made up.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:58 AM 10-02-2021
You’re right, I didn’t specify my stance very well.

The mutation lead to a change in kinetics and replication. It didn’t really lead to a change in binding induced antibodies but more so out ran them. Hence my kinetics terms.

I also don’t think I’d be throwing stones about “bad predictions” no matter which side you stand on.

No one has really gotten this right
This isn't about bad predictions.

I thought the vaccines would be better than they are and thought with natural immunity + vaccine immunity we would have very little transmission by now.

Obviously the vaccine immunity didn't add much to built up natural immunity...now top epidemiologists are saying we can't vax our way to herd immunity.

This is about fundamental ignorance of the vaccines themselves. Do you remember these propaganda commercials just a few months ago?

These were based on Fauci and Walensky's statements.

If you get jabbed you get your life back.

[Reply]
Monticore 10:04 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I thought the vaccines would be better than they are and thought with natural immunity + vaccine immunity we would have very little transmission by now.

Obviously the vaccine immunity didn't add much to built up natural immunity...now top epidemiologists are saying we can't vax our way to herd immunity.

This is about fundamental ignorance of the vaccines themselves. Do you remember these propaganda commercials just a few months ago?

Lol drop the pipe dude.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:05 AM 10-02-2021

blink.

backs away slowly.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:06 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Lol drop the pipe dude.
I can see why you dislike sales....

[Reply]
Monticore 10:08 AM 10-02-2021
I can see why you dislike sales....

I can easily see through the BS but they do give me a good chuckle.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 10-02-2021

Yeah sorry man, I’m not sure where you’re getting what you’re getting but it’s not reality.

Vaccines are doing what they’re supposed to do.

There are more breakthroughs than we all hoped I would guess, but it’s still vastly limiting what it’s supposed to.

At this point, cases don’t matter and it’s keeping people out of hospitals. It’s time to realize that and move on
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:12 AM 10-02-2021
I did think that public policy should not be based on assuming an arrival of a vaccine at a certain date but that is quite a bit different than what you made up.

I didn't make anything up your words are there for everyone to see. And guess what at the time you posted that I believe you were correct that there hadn't been a successful coronavirus vaccine. But science changes, technology changes and we don't just have 1 successful covid vaccine we have over a half dozen or more.

In response to your post below this one if the original strain was the main one still circulating, we would be finished with this pandemic. We saw this in early spring when it was next to nothing with all the vaccines people were getting. Delta changed all that unfortunately. I am hoping that will be the last bad strain and we can get past this.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:14 AM 10-02-2021
On this subject I would trust Fauci more than a salesman who thought the vaccines were given people the shingles virus.
You would think... but Fauci, to anyone one with a bit of common sense, no matter your beliefs, should recognize he has been a factual train wreck and yet is treated like a Deity by the press...
[Reply]
Monticore 10:18 AM 10-02-2021
Yeah sorry man, I’m not sure where you’re getting what you’re getting but it’s not reality.

Vaccines are doing what they’re supposed to do.

There are more breakthroughs than we all hoped I would guess, but it’s still vastly limiting what it’s supposed to.

At this point, cases don’t matter and it’s keeping people out of hospitals. It’s time to realize that and move on
When you antibodies wane I assume the only way to produce more is to get exposed/infected causing you at least to test positive but will not necessarily developpe the disease(Covid in this case) , you can correct me on this, there might be more to it than that but if it is sort of like this you are going to have reinfections/breakthrough(if you can call them that at that point) as time goes on .
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:19 AM 10-02-2021
I can easily see through the BS but they do give me a good chuckle.
Most of the millionaires I know are excellent in sales.

I was the #1 salesperson at a publicly traded company 15 years ago.

But as far as now, I help companies increase their sales and revenues not by sales techniques but it all about a combination of

*Targeted In-Market Advertising-Don't advertise to people not looking for your product but instead only to people actively in-market for you company's services. This sounds obvious but right now most businesses are not doing this.

*Powerful Offer to that Market-Find out what your customer value is and how much you spend to acquire a customer and then do this.

*Marketing Automated Follow Up. This includes email sequences, SMS marketing, CRM, etc

Real businesses make far more money and I get a nice piece of it.

Nothing wrong with selling cars either. They don't actually sell themselves. Only people not in business think they would.
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 10-02-2021
When you antibodies wane I assume the only way to produce more is to get exposed/infected causing you at least to test positive but will not necessarily developpe the disease(Covid in this case) , you can correct me on this, there might be more to it than that but if it is sort of like this you are going to have reinfections/breakthrough(if you can call them that at that point) as time goes on .
Using antibodies as the sole determining factor in anything just doesn’t make sense to me. Antibodies always wane, they don’t stick around forever nor do we want them to.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:24 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You would think... but Fauci, to anyone one with a bit of common sense, no matter your beliefs, should recognize he has been a factual train wreck and yet is treated like a Deity by the press...
You make it sound like epidemiology/virology in regards to a new virus should be easier to navigate while also dealing with the political aspects at the same time.

I don't consider educated guesses as facts , but like I said before I haven't really followed much of what he has said .
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:25 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I didn't make anything up your words are there for everyone to see. And guess what at the time you posted that I believe you were correct that there hadn't been a successful coronavirus vaccine. But science changes, technology changes and we don't just have 1 successful covid vaccine we have over a half dozen or more.

In response to your post below this one if the original strain was the main one still circulating, we would be finished with this pandemic. We saw this in early spring when it was next to nothing with all the vaccines people were getting. Delta changed all that unfortunately. I am hoping that will be the last bad strain and we can get past this.

I hope so. I do get nervous that another round of boosters will cause the virus to select for an even more nasty strain when normally viruses tend to adapt by becoming less dangerous to their host.

It's a race between natural building immunity and the experimental vaccine program. Hopefully the guys at the top catch a lucky break because I am not convinced they know what they are doing.
[Reply]
Page 3761 of 3903
« First < 2761326136613711375137573758375937603761 3762376337643765377138113861 > Last »
Up