ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3671 of 3903
« First < 2671317135713621366136673668366936703671 3672367336743675368137213771 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 01:39 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That was also part of my thinking. I have known a lot of people who got vaccinated and have had no lasting side effects. Admittedly, that made it easier for me to decide to get vaccinated. Could it cause issues months or years down the road? Maybe. Maybe not. We just don't really know. But then again, the long lasting effects of Covid could do that, as well. There is just a lot that we don't know right now. I made a decision that my best odds were to get this vaccine.
Though I've been very pro vaccine from the beginning, this is a perfectly reasonable take. It's healthy to be skeptical of any medical treatment. If anything, my frustration just comes from the fact that most people tend to trust their doctors with whatever drugs they prescribe normally, and it's a puzzle to me why this one is so different.

But all it really comes down to for me is that I am nowhere near educated enough in biology and epidemiology to make any reasonable conclusions about this, so I trust the experts (and, no, I'm not talking about Fauci). The CDC employs over 10k people. The FDA employs nearly 15k. The WHO employs around 7k people across ~150 countries. There are countless agencies across the world who are working on this. I have a master's degree in business, which means that I'm qualified to interpret roughly jack shit about this.

Now, does that mean that the hive mind of experts always gets everything perfectly right? No, of course not. The whole point of science is to make an assessment based on the information we have available, then revise that assessment based on any new information that we get. I don't expect every recommendation to be 100% right. But I do expect that their recommendations are based on a much more sound assessment than I can do myself, and on the whole, we're far better off trusting those agencies than just ignoring everything they say.

Is it possible there could be some more effects in the long term? I haven't see anything to suggest that's likely, but sure, you never know. But the army of epidemiologists around the world have definitively concluded that the best way out of this pandemic is through vaccines, and that's good enough for me.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:44 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That was also part of my thinking. I have known a lot of people who got vaccinated and have had no lasting side effects. Admittedly, that made it easier for me to decide to get vaccinated. Could it cause issues months or years down the road? Maybe. Maybe not. We just don't really know. But then again, the long lasting effects of Covid could do that, as well. There is just a lot that we don't know right now. I made a decision that my best odds were to get this vaccine.
Vaccine have no real history of causing long term effect, disease on the other hand has quite a track record in causing long term , life altering side effects.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:54 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Can one of you statistically inclined fellas explain Simpsons paradox to me
That's good information. Anyone want to post it for the idiots in the DC thread?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:14 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's good information. Anyone want to post it for the idiots in the DC thread?
Like it would make a bit of difference.
[Reply]
TLO 05:05 PM 08-19-2021
So what ever happened to that report about the origins of this particular coronavirus?
[Reply]
notorious 05:16 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
The GF who’s wildly healthy is JUST starting to feel better. She wasn’t never had to go to the ER but was bed ridden for almost a week.
Hopefully you moved the bed into the kitchen.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:30 PM 08-19-2021
Why does everyone keep bringing up Isreal's data? Why should anyone give a shit about the data they show?
[Reply]
DaFace 06:34 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why does everyone keep bringing up Isreal's data? Why should anyone give a shit about the data they show?
You don't think it's helpful to understand why it looked so low?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:53 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
So what ever happened to that report about the origins of this particular coronavirus?
I'm not sure my opinion on that fits in this thread.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:15 PM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You don't think it's helpful to understand why it looked so low?
I have not been paying attention to any of their data, therefore I do not know what you are referring to.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fish 07:37 AM 08-20-2021
Man, this sucks...

The Kansas City Council voted 10-2 Thursday to extend its indoor mask order to September 23, as COVID hospitalizations and deaths mount and the delta variant remains highly contagious.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:00 AM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, this sucks...

The Kansas City Council voted 10-2 Thursday to extend its indoor mask order to September 23, as COVID hospitalizations and deaths mount and the delta variant remains highly contagious.
People here are completely ignoring it - customers, employees, whatever.

Stopped at QT this morning, no one wearing a mask including employees.

Same at the dealership when I dropped my car off for service.

About 50/50 in the grocery store for customers, all employees are wearing.

There's no realistic way to enforce it and people are doing whatever the fuck they want.

We're never gonna get past this.
[Reply]
wazu 08:14 AM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

There's no realistic way to enforce it and people are doing whatever the fuck they want.

Mask mandates aren’t gonna get us past this. They need to stop with that. COVID is here to stay. Get vaccinated or get sick, and let’s move on.
[Reply]
TLO 08:16 AM 08-20-2021

There's no realistic way to enforce it and people are doing whatever the **** they want.

Sure we will. But it's probably going to take a few years until the virus mutates itself down to "just another common cold coronavirus". There's unmitigated spread all over the world.

Just need everyone to get vaccinated. Then we ride it out.
[Reply]
loochy 08:19 AM 08-20-2021

Because of masks? :-)
[Reply]
Page 3671 of 3903
« First < 2671317135713621366136673668366936703671 3672367336743675368137213771 > Last »
Up