ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shared fences and eminent domain
007 07:29 PM 05-18-2018
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:09 PM 06-13-2019
Dude,

Call your title ins company and ask for advice... Done... then go do what you want and keep a shotgun by the door.

They will help. been there, done that.
[Reply]
007 08:22 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Dude,

Call your title ins company and ask for advice... Done... then go do what you want and keep a shotgun by the door.

They will help. been there, done that.
One thing is certain. If these dogs manage to get through and hurt my kids, there will be hell to pay.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:23 PM 06-13-2019
f you do not let them know as soon as you find out, .... do it just do it.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:29 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
One thing is certain. If these dogs manage to get through and hurt my kids, there will be hell to pay.
We had a shared fence with our neighbors (put up by my fil before they moved in) it was a 3 foot tall square wire fence that worked just fine until they got a pair of German Shepherds. The neighbors never attempted to introduce us to the dogs so of course they didn't like us next to their property and were quite aggressive, especially when the littles were over. So we told them, "hey we're taking that fence down so you're going to need to do something to keep your dogs in your yard." We now have a new 6' privacy fence between us.

It's really not a shared fence, it belongs to whoever either put it up or was there first.
[Reply]
007 10:26 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
We had a shared fence with our neighbors (put up by my fil before they moved in) it was a 3 foot tall square wire fence that worked just fine until they got a pair of German Shepherds. The neighbors never attempted to introduce us to the dogs so of course they didn't like us next to their property and were quite aggressive, especially when the littles were over. So we told them, "hey we're taking that fence down so you're going to need to do something to keep your dogs in your yard." We now have a new 6' privacy fence between us.

It's really not a shared fence, it belongs to whoever either put it up or was there first.
So because they moved in after us it transfers to us? thats BS. If I put in a new fence their dogs will just destroy that one too. These people moved in about 8 years ago. Two years ago they redid their entire back yard and replaced every fence but the one next to my yard. Complete and utter crap move by them to do that. They never even approached me about sharing the cost. They clearly feel its my fence to deal with. If those dogs break through I don't feel its my fault it happened. Bugeater already helped to secure the fence some but he can tell you these dogs are ruining it too. Why should that be my responsibility?
[Reply]
007 11:10 PM 06-13-2019
Interesting read that seems to validate the shared fence issue.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/kansas...in-kansas.html
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:15 PM 06-13-2019
Interesting read that seems to validate the shared fence issue.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/kansas...in-kansas.html
Well if you're not worried about potentially pissing off your neighbors, get a "fence viewer" out to your place.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:17 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well if you're not worried about potentially pissing off your neighbors, get a "fence viewer" out to your place.
Had to go look up fenceviewer. Had no idea that was a thing.
[Reply]
007 11:25 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I just don't like to confront people. I don't do well with it.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:44 PM 06-13-2019
I just don't like to confront people. I don't do well with it.
It doesn't seem to be clear how the findings are presented to each side. But if you don't want to risk any possible backlash then you're pretty much stuck taking care of it yourself. Again, if it was me, I'd do an ugly ass job of reinforcing the existing fence as much as possible, then put up some nice privacy panels so I didn't have to look at the ugly fence.
[Reply]
007 12:25 AM 06-14-2019
Out of curiosity, how well do those dog whistles work? Or is that considered inhumane :-)
[Reply]
srvy 01:21 AM 06-14-2019
Out of curiosity, how well do those dog whistles work? Or is that considered inhumane :-)
Electrify it will put a stop real quick.
[Reply]
007 01:29 AM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Electrify it will put a stop real quick.
its a wood privacy fence and not my dogs. Don't think that would go over well. :-)

What sucks is they have done enough damage that its not really much for privacy anymore.
[Reply]
srvy 01:47 AM 06-14-2019
its a wood privacy fence and not my dogs. Don't think that would go over well. :-)

What sucks is they have done enough damage that its not really much for privacy anymore.
Jeez thats a problem but the adjoiners do have responsibilities in maintaining their side of the fence and any damage they may cause to it. But your going to have to discuss it with them.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:23 AM 06-14-2019
let the dogs get loose and shoot them...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up