ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1072 of 1208
« First < 725729721022106210681069107010711072 1073107410751076108211221172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:18 AM 01-31-2021

Cooked this up the other day. It's nothing special but it looked good on the plate, so WTF.

So, the wife and I, while she was on Christmas break decided to go kinda crazy and smoked 6 chickens, shredded them and vacuum sealed portions. We also did IDK how many but a bunch of chicken breasts, which is what this is. I butterflied and smoked the breasts at (I think) 180 for a couple hours and finished on the grill. Sliced and vacuum sealed the portions. That way it's easy to get a meal out quick without dicking with the protein much, and this is what we did here. It's also something we're planning on using, because the kids will eat them, and wife and I can eat some more exciting stuff. Kids won't eat anything spicy, and I like spicy.

It's really worked out well. The whole chickens are pretty, just the regular way you'd normally smoke the bird. I was surprised at how well the rub we put on the skin came through. We left the skin out, but you don't have to.

The butterflied breasts are a little less forgiving, getting them pounded evenly is the key. You kind of have to be a nazi with the thermometer and get them pulled at 155 and rest obviously. I cut them pretty thick (3/4ish) and they really did a nice job retaining moisture. I needed more pepper in the rub, but overall, it's a real win.

Both chicken treatments really ended up with good flavors and favorable texture you can get kicked out in a really big hurry. And the kids eat it!

I did a similar thing a couple falls ago with some sirloin steak I got bought pretty reasonable. I couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of coin this go around.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 PM 02-03-2021
I'm home sick today so I thought I'd dick off and try some shit that probably wont work.

Wife had some ground beef so burger it is. I put some soy sauce, some of the bovine Bold Seasoning KCU recommended recently and a little bit of adobo sauce out of some Chipotles I have.

I sliced some onions and peppers and sauteed them. When I put the oil in the pan, I thought WTF and put a dab of that adobo sauce from above. Cracked pepper on the top.

I didn't have buns, so I threw some bread and olive oil back in the pan while the burger rested. It looks like shit, but it was good.

I thought I got a picture of the burger finished but I guess I didn't. Apologies. Sorry for the Shite pictures. Conclusions below.

I know, should have used cast iron, but I'm sick and lazy, so fuck off. I got a good sear anyway.

So I got the burger right, miraculously. I always seem to fuck up making a patty, but this one turned out good. better than an inch thick medium well, melted cheese and rested. Got it right. However, noting jumped off the plate flavorwise. I probably should have got more salt and pepper on the outside in the sear, but overall, good burger. The bread, although poverty bread that looks like shit, was really nice. I need to start doing that on the reg.

The star though was the onions and peppers. That shit was excellent. The adobo sauce from the Chipotles had this really nice sneaky heat that I'm honestly surprised it got there. But not overwhelming like that kind of heat can do. Really added a lot to the burger. They were so good that I made a little rice and soy sauce to eat up the extra that didn't go on the burger. Holy shit they were good. And freaking easy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:09 PM 02-03-2021
If you are looking for the single best way to do 'something different' with some ground beef, do Korean beef.

So easy, so tasty. So satisfying.

Originally Posted by ingredients:
1 Tablespoon sesame oil (see note)
1 pound ground beef
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup brown sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced (see note)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper depending on how spicy you like it
salt and pepper
1/2 cup sliced green onions
Basically brown the beef, then simmer it in all the oils and spices [except green onion], serve over basmati rice with green onion sprinkled over.

Fresh ginger, plenty of red pepper, and good sesame oil makes a huge difference.

[Reply]
Pablo 03:05 PM 02-03-2021
That looks good BL. I will give it a go.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:17 PM 02-03-2021
And nothing wrong with that toast on a burger. Use what you've got. you made a spicy patty melt pretty much. I would smash.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:18 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Cooked this up the other day. It's nothing special but it looked good on the plate, so WTF.

So, the wife and I, while she was on Christmas break decided to go kinda crazy and smoked 6 chickens, shredded them and vacuum sealed portions. We also did IDK how many but a bunch of chicken breasts, which is what this is. I butterflied and smoked the breasts at (I think) 180 for a couple hours and finished on the grill. Sliced and vacuum sealed the portions. That way it's easy to get a meal out quick without dicking with the protein much, and this is what we did here. It's also something we're planning on using, because the kids will eat them, and wife and I can eat some more exciting stuff. Kids won't eat anything spicy, and I like spicy.

It's really worked out well. The whole chickens are pretty, just the regular way you'd normally smoke the bird. I was surprised at how well the rub we put on the skin came through. We left the skin out, but you don't have to.

The butterflied breasts are a little less forgiving, getting them pounded evenly is the key. You kind of have to be a nazi with the thermometer and get them pulled at 155 and rest obviously. I cut them pretty thick (3/4ish) and they really did a nice job retaining moisture. I needed more pepper in the rub, but overall, it's a real win.

Both chicken treatments really ended up with good flavors and favorable texture you can get kicked out in a really big hurry. And the kids eat it!

I did a similar thing a couple falls ago with some sirloin steak I got bought pretty reasonable. I couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of coin this go around.
Chicken alfredo is tough to beat, looks great :-)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:27 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm home sick today so I thought I'd dick off and try some shit that probably wont work.

Wife had some ground beef so burger it is. I put some soy sauce, some of the bovine Bold Seasoning KCU recommended recently and a little bit of adobo sauce out of some Chipotles I have.

I sliced some onions and peppers and sauteed them. When I put the oil in the pan, I thought WTF and put a dab of that adobo sauce from above. Cracked pepper on the top.

I didn't have buns, so I threw some bread and olive oil back in the pan while the burger rested. It looks like shit, but it was good.

I thought I got a picture of the burger finished but I guess I didn't. Apologies. Sorry for the Shite pictures. Conclusions below.

I know, should have used cast iron, but I'm sick and lazy, so fuck off. I got a good sear anyway.

So I got the burger right, miraculously. I always seem to fuck up making a patty, but this one turned out good. better than an inch thick medium well, melted cheese and rested. Got it right. However, noting jumped off the plate flavorwise. I probably should have got more salt and pepper on the outside in the sear, but overall, good burger. The bread, although poverty bread that looks like shit, was really nice. I need to start doing that on the reg.

The star though was the onions and peppers. That shit was excellent. The adobo sauce from the Chipotles had this really nice sneaky heat that I'm honestly surprised it got there. But not overwhelming like that kind of heat can do. Really added a lot to the burger. They were so good that I made a little rice and soy sauce to eat up the extra that didn't go on the burger. Holy shit they were good. And freaking easy.
I did a sangwitch experiment for lunch today and it turned out a lot worse than yours. It always does...
[Reply]
Sorry 07:33 PM 02-03-2021
I was hungry so I took a bite but a tried and true combo...

Sourdough English muffin with sausage, thick cut bacon, thick mild cheddar slightly fried for texture, fried eggn and some sloppy hash browns on the side
Attached: F92745B3-FD2A-4CFA-A2F1-3EE895D1AA9E.jpg (77.9 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:11 PM 02-06-2021
I like slaw on my pulled pork sammies

Air fried onion rings on the sam and the side

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:27 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I like slaw on my pulled pork sammies

Air fried onion rings on the sam and the side

This brings back a great memory, I'll try to keep it short...

Back in 94 I was transferred to FT Campbell, KY (90% of it actually sits in TN, long story, anyway...) so not long after arriving, my mom came down to visit, so the ex and I decided to get away for some quality time while Grandma watched the kids one afternoon

We randomly chose roads that led up into the hills, just wanting to see what we could see... so we're way out in the hills and started getting hungry and decided to hit this little mom n pop BBQ joint

We both ordered the pulled pork with slaw and whatever else

Pretty soon here it comes, but the slaw was missing... "uh waitress, we ordered slaw with these"

Now this woman had an accent so thick you needed a box cutter to slice through it, and she says "its OW n it!"... pronounced OW! like you stubbed your toe or something

The wife and I look at each other like WTF? "Uh theres no slaw here"... again she says "its OWn it!" we look at each other again, then back to her totally perplexed... finally she steps back over and lifts the bun and says "its OWn it!"

We laughed all the way home about that, we'd NEVER heard of slaw ON a BBQ sammy... and her accent was so damn thick we could hardly understand her

She must've though we were some total dumbass yankees, lol
[Reply]
Sorry 04:47 PM 02-06-2021
Hey quick question, i live in Cali and is ordering Joes BBQ worth it - or has anyone tried it? Been hankering for some BBQ from your guys area.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:14 PM 02-06-2021
let's ride

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:23 PM 02-06-2021
I made Rice Pilaf, like you're supposed to, not minute rice which is the Buehler445 way, just to figure out how to do it.

I probably didn't simmer it hard enough as it took for fucking ever, but it was decent. Cooked it in chicken stock with jalapenos (seeded, I'm not a maniac) and onion and finished with chopped pistachios.

Pretty good. Certainly better than the minute rice route.

[Reply]
Sorce 07:33 PM 02-11-2021
Easy dinner tonight, still good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sorce 08:40 PM 02-13-2021
Did valentines a day early. Shrimp and steak mushrooms and veggies. Pic came out blury, sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 1072 of 1208
« First < 725729721022106210681069107010711072 1073107410751076108211221172 > Last »
Up