ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 173
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:02 PM 06-30-2023
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
FROM has been a pretty good series. Season two just started.
I just finished season one. Very scary.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:42 PM 06-30-2023
I watched Last of Us because I'm going to shitcan HBO soon.

I gave it a pretty short leash. I'll be honest. I'm over zombie flicks. But this was wroth the squeeze. You have to suspend disbelief a bit on stuff aging 20 years.

But it's really solid. They don't belabor the zombie thing. It's about people's reaction to tragedy. It gets the perspective right. Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal are amazing. It gets the performances right. And there is a decent amount of balance in it. Ramsey flipping Pascal shit is legitimately funny. And there is nice development and depth to characters. It did a lot to keep to keep a guy engaged, rather than just lean on horror and increasingly ridiculous engagements, it focused on the characters.

I really enjoyed it. I know I'm late to the party, but I got there.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:35 PM 07-02-2023
Saw a clip on Reddit of "Silo", so the fiance and I decided to start it and binged the first 8 episodes, because 9 & 10 hadn't aired yet. Completely awesome show and I'm glad we watched it. Excited for season 2, but I'm not sure how they really progress.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:21 AM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Season 2 Episode 6.

OMG. Jaw-dropping amazing. One of the best of the year with some amazing all-star additions to the cast. Legendary.
I thought Episode 6 could have done more with its embarrassing riches of cast. Episode 7 however is a masterpiece of character arc development. This is how you tell a story without delving into exposition. I legitimately got goosebumps as the message became more clear to Richie.

Overall, this isn't on par (so far) with season 1. There are some highs for sure, but it feels too much like a series of bottle episodes. I need these characters back together in the kitchen.
[Reply]
srvy 04:51 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched Last of Us because I'm going to shitcan HBO soon.

I gave it a pretty short leash. I'll be honest. I'm over zombie flicks. But this was wroth the squeeze. You have to suspend disbelief a bit on stuff aging 20 years.

But it's really solid. They don't belabor the zombie thing. It's about people's reaction to tragedy. It gets the perspective right. Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal are amazing. It gets the performances right. And there is a decent amount of balance in it. Ramsey flipping Pascal shit is legitimately funny. And there is nice development and depth to characters. It did a lot to keep to keep a guy engaged, rather than just lean on horror and increasingly ridiculous engagements, it focused on the characters.

I really enjoyed it. I know I'm late to the party, but I got there.
I flipped it off and never got back to finish it somewhere while they were in an old carnival. They just flipped on the power and carnival rides worked. I guess I was done then and there see no need to finish it honestly.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:56 PM 07-03-2023
I just watched Fubar again on Netflix, and found it enjoyable. My biggest issue with it (and many others), is people shooting semi-auto pistols at people with full auto weapons.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:28 AM 07-04-2023
Did you guys watch The Undoing with Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman? It's a good little 6 parter, very doable binge. HBO max and a few other have picked it up.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:54 AM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I thought Episode 6 could have done more with its embarrassing riches of cast. Episode 7 however is a masterpiece of character arc development. This is how you tell a story without delving into exposition. I legitimately got goosebumps as the message became more clear to Richie.

Overall, this isn't on par (so far) with season 1. There are some highs for sure, but it feels too much like a series of bottle episodes. I need these characters back together in the kitchen.
I'm curious how you feel once you've finished the entire season.

Agreed that episode 7 is the best of the bunch. If I had to rank, I'd go 7, 6, 10, and then 4.

I love how they've made you (or at least me) care deeply about each of the characters and how you really want them to succeed. It's kinda like the opposite of Succession where you hate everyone and are just enjoying the dysfunction. The character development and acting in both shows are tremendous.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:08 AM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Did you guys watch The Undoing with Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman? It's a good little 6 parter, very doable binge. HBO max and a few other have picked it up.
I have not but you might be interested in Silo

Rebecca Ferguson is a much sultrier Jodie Foster
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:58 AM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm curious how you feel once you've finished the entire season.

Agreed that episode 7 is the best of the bunch. If I had to rank, I'd go 7, 6, 10, and then 4.

I love how they've made you (or at least me) care deeply about each of the characters and how you really want them to succeed. It's kinda like the opposite of Succession where you hate everyone and are just enjoying the dysfunction. The character development and acting in both shows are tremendous.
I'm enjoying connecting with the characters in service of fleshing out their backstory. What initially drew me into the show was getting to experience the stress and chaos of the kitchen. I'm hoping for more of that to look forward to, and maybe less Ted Lassoing. Either way, it's undeniable what a great show it is.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:07 PM 07-05-2023
Giving “The Idol” a chance. Not really my type of show but it was decent enough to power through. I didn’t know Jane Adams was in this, that’s a bonus.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:01 AM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I have not but you might be interested in Silo

Rebecca Ferguson is a much sultrier Jodie Foster
Had you all seen Sharp Objects yet? Wondering if it's worth the time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:08 AM 07-06-2023
Oh I did watch Sharp Objects!

Had to Google the name to remind myself as its been awhile.

Yes its very good imo.

Its a slow burn that feels like a movie chopped into a miniseries so it doesn't flow like a traditional series where each episode has pivotal moment and gets wrapped up neatly so its kind of wonky in that regard.

Really well acted and filmed though. I say go for it!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:42 AM 07-06-2023
If you're going in that direction of Big Little Lies, Sharp Objects, and The Undoing, I thought Mare of Eastown was the best of the bunch.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:30 AM 07-06-2023
Finished the first season of The Mick.

Pretty damn funny at times. And i kinda figured it'd be something i could throw on and laugh at.

But by the end of the season i ended up just hating all the characters.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 173
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166 > Last »
Up