5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
phisherman 09:33 PM 09-14-2021
Kyle Isbel with another dong! A two run shot!
[Reply]
Valiant 09:34 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Excellent analysis!

Except, JE Dunn. So we will dismiss your analysis.
Yeah jedunn already owns the land and parking garages.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:58 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Yeah jedunn already owns the land and parking garages.

This ^
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:19 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Revenue? Winning teams bring revenue.

Visitors will hate downtown once they realize there is no parking, the public transit is full of homeless people.

The city will be blackmailed into 100% building cost. Je Dunn will own the parking lots close to the building. Parking fees to them. With high fees and full transit people will park all over for free parking and walk in. Problem is they will fill spots in river market and such and people wanting to shop or eat at the same time will go elsewhere since they cant park. Area around the stadium will suffer during games.

That is how Kansas citians are. Most millennials do not even like baseball. Stadium will be a boon for the owners, but a bust for the city.

Going to happen though. Profit over practicality.
Who are these visitors that will hate downtown? People from JoCo? They will have no choice. Parking isnt an issue if it was howcome the Big 12 tournament and every big event draws so well? Downtown will be about the same population wise during a Royals game on the weekend as it is during the week when people were working in the office.

Also the street car will run all the way from the River Market to the Plaza. Plenty of visitors wont be worrying about parking. This will be nice for those staying out of town and will keep more revenue in the city.

Sorry but your analysis reads like someone who lives in the burbs. You'll have no say in this.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:30 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Who are these visitors that will hate downtown? People from JoCo? They will have no choice. Parking isnt an issue if it was howcome the Big 12 tournament and every big event draws so well? Downtown will be about the same population wise during a Royals game on the weekend as it is during the week when people were working in the office.

Also the street car will run all the way from the River Market to the Plaza. Plenty of visitors wont be worrying about parking. This will be nice for those staying out of town and will keep more revenue in the city.

Sorry but your analysis reads like someone who lives in the burbs. You'll have no say in this.
Sounds like a boomer that just can't handle the change, because Kaufman is such a beautiful stadium and is coming up with reasons to not move.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:15 AM 09-15-2021
Moore confirmed in the just-ended radio interview that Piccolo has day to day roster management decisions and that it is important for (Moore) to trust the ideas his people are bringing to him and support their decisions.

I think Piccolo will have basic autonomy on the daily roster and in the draft and will get to make the call on minor league setup and moves.

I think he’ll have the opportunity to make big roster proposals (trade, significant signing). Moore still will have executive privilege/sign-off. He still has to approve big things.

If you were hoping he’d completely remove himself, I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t believe that ever was realistic.

Moore’s role in roster construction and management is going to be significantly reduced, though. Which seems like a good evolution to me.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:54 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Eh, I'll have to respectfully disagree. At this point, Dayton shouldn't be involved in the roster construction anymore because he just doesn't have an clue on that.

This guy signed Greg Holland and Wade Davis, who both were CLEARLY done, as all the normal statistics and advanced stats showed that they were declining in a very rapid rate. Surely they couldn't find someone else who is at least slightly better than that?

This guy also has a bad track record of hiring managers. Trey Hillman and Mike Matheny to name a few. Ned Yost was more or less of a lucky hire and some luck involved. Still, all these managers are not stat driven or use advanced metrics. They all are what old managers are, "gut driven".

And don't get me started on him doling out that contract to Hunter Dozier, who haven't done shit.
Holland and Davis are names that will put butts in the seats though, even if you and I realize they are not going to do much to help their team win anymore.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:00 AM 09-15-2021
Easier to roll with Moore being a part of the org since the rebuild of our farm system to elite status happened under his watch and he's always been excellent at our organization's outreach in KC.

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Moore confirmed in the just-ended radio interview that Piccolo has day to day roster management decisions and that it is important for (Moore) to trust the ideas his people are bringing to him and support their decisions.

I think Piccolo will have basic autonomy on the daily roster and in the draft and will get to make the call on minor league setup and moves.

I think he’ll have the opportunity to make big roster proposals (trade, significant signing). Moore still will have executive privilege/sign-off. He still has to approve big things.

If you were hoping he’d completely remove himself, I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t believe that ever was realistic.

Moore’s role in roster construction and management is going to be significantly reduced, though. Which seems like a good evolution to me.
I gotta know - do you have a friend in a high place? Because this is playing out almost exactly as you predicted during the June/July losing streaks this summer.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:34 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Easier to roll with Moore being a part of the org since the rebuild of our farm system to elite status happened under his watch and he's always been excellent at our organization's outreach in KC.

I gotta know - do you have a friend in a high place? Because this is playing out almost exactly as you predicted during the June/July losing streaks this summer.

I know a few people, but in this case it was more a case of knowing the org, following baseball closely, and thinking about what other orgs have done.

It also helped that they had at least one internal candidate who was close to regular GM duties already.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:43 AM 09-15-2021
I think they did this just to make sure JJ didn't bounce to another organization. Nice comeback win last night, btw...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:03 AM 09-15-2021
Was this ‘President’ role created just for Moore? Or does someone else hold that title currently?
[Reply]
Stewie 11:23 AM 09-15-2021
Nice article on the history of Royal DH hitters.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2021/9/...gnated-hitters
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 01:17 PM 09-15-2021
Kinda OT,but the ESPN 30 for 30 about the history of the Mets and the 86 season is pretty interesting.Parts 3 and 4 are on tonight.Lenny Dykstra is a freaking wacko,i'm surprised they don't edit out some of the language,but i guess they don't even care anymore.And to think,the 85 Royals almost played the Mets in that WS also.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:20 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Was this ‘President’ role created just for Moore? Or does someone else hold that title currently?
I think Dan Glass might have had that title before Sherman bought the team.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:50 PM 09-15-2021
Iirc Dayton's first Royals game as GM was a big comeback against Oakland. Feels like a good omen.
[Reply]
Page 394 of 440
« First < 294344384390391392393394 395396397398404 > Last »
Up