« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 10-25-2022
Getting kinda old drafting WR's in the 2nd round and having to be so patient with them to do something. Maybe we shouldn't keep doing that?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:39 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Is it excuses and hand-waiving to say, "Not every player who has an okay/decentish NFL career is going to come out playing like Randy Moss in his rookie season?"

I'm not even predicting Moore is going to have an okay/decentish NFL career. I'm just saying please wait a goddamn minute. And in the meantime, remember when Chase Claypool had that stretch of like 4 games in his rookie year where we all went, "Hoo boy look out" and now that franchise is just counting down the days until his contract runs out. Or they just get impatient and trade his ass.

And I don't fault you for wanting to go DE and pointing out the current issues we have there and how we could use a player like Williams. I'm comparing WR to WR only.
Except that's not the argument I am making or the responses I'm getting.

As for Pickens - maybe just drop the antenna a bit because I'm not seeing nearly as much Pickens chatter as you're acting like there is here. There have been like a half-dozen references to him and almost all of them in passing. It's not like you're getting complex breakdowns of Pickens route tree vs. Moore's here.

We expected Moore than we're getting from Skyy Moore. And to hear Andy toss him directly under the bus in the post-game presser (but in his very Andy sort of 'well that's a teachable moment' sort of way) suggests that things are perhaps not going as smoothly as anyone expected on this front.

But fortunately we don't have Aaron Rodgers out there calling him a cunt on a hot mic or something. So yes, there's still a decent chance that he becomes a solid player. I again will cite Sterling Shepard as a solid comp.

But g'damn folks, he hasn't played well. And the folks that are most ardent in now saying he shouldn't have been expected to were the same folks that were predicting 1,200 yard seasons for him and calling him the #1 receiver in the draft. That's...odd.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:39 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again I ask his supporters, who among you predicted this level of performance coming into the season? And please, show receipts. Because I didn't like the pick and still had him being about twice as productive as he's been to this point. Am I supposed to pretend like it's all been wine and roses with the guy?
I dont predict shit any more because its exhausting to me to try and follow college sports. I couldn't tell you a single name for a guy projected as a first round pick any more. I cant tell you who the favorites are for the #1 overall pick next year right now.

What I can see with my own eyes though is that the team traded Tyreek Hill and tried to replace his game in multiple different players. MVS with the speed. JuJu with the middle and underneath shit.

You can look at the OP in this thread and come to the conclusion that Moore is a guy that was most successful in agility and creating immediate space off the line and running a bunch of short routes. That kind of overlaps with JuJu right now. I never expected him to come out blazing like Randy Moss. He has had very little opportunity to even do anything in this offense so far. I don't even really expect him to be a 1,000 yard receiver. I do expect him to be more productive than Hardman in the long run and be a reliable guy to go to on slants, crosses, screens, (insert name of quick short route here) for a handful of easy cheap yards.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Getting kinda old drafting WR's in the 2nd round and having to be so patient with them to do something. Maybe we shouldn't keep doing that?
Here's the thing - they aren't doing that with Moore.

Remember the "We have some packages for him we just didn't get to" comment in the Indy game?

They're not treating Moore like he's a 4-year veteran and asking him to learn every position. Andy's said as much. And in a game where we could just smile and dial for a first down whenever we wanted it, we STILL didn't get him involved - y'know, except for that time he ran the wrong route and caused a pick.

This ain't on Andy, fellas. Reid has absolutely demonstrated a willingness to get skill sets involved early in a player's career. And he's stated a desire to do so with Moore.

It just hasn't taken thus far.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:53 AM 10-25-2022
If agreeing with DJ where reflecting on current documented performance labels me as a hater, then we definitely need to take a wait and see approach to Skyy. Oh and fuck DJ. (Did i do that correctly)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:03 AM 10-25-2022
Keep in mind this offense and Patrick’s play style are not easy to adjust to quickly. Juju just said on Sunday that he finally felt chemistry this week with Patrick. So a veteran getting all of the work took about half a season to get comfortable.

It took a while for MVS too. Remember the preseason game vs the Commanders when Patrick missed him and he was wide open? Or the Indy game where that happened again on the first drive. MVS had 3 steps and Patrick overshot him.

It takes time dude.

I still maintain that Skyy is the replacement for Hardman after this year. I think they want him to be that 4th WR to spot play this year kinda like Justin Watson.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:15 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Keep in mind this offense and Patrick’s play style are not easy to adjust to quickly. Juju just said on Sunday that he finally felt chemistry this week with Patrick. So a veteran getting all of the work took about half a season to get comfortable.

It took a while for MVS too. Remember the preseason game vs the Commanders when Patrick missed him and he was wide open? Or the Indy game where that happened again on the first drive. MVS had 3 steps and Patrick overshot him.

It takes time dude.

I still maintain that Skyy is the replacement for Hardman after this year. I think they want him to be that 4th WR to spot play this year kinda like Justin Watson.
So if he’s the replacement for Hardman as a #3 WR, what is the long term plan at #1 or 2 outside? Re-sign Juju at $20 million a year? Or are we banking on Ross to develop? Draft another receiver high in the draft in 2023?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:17 AM 10-25-2022

It takes time dude.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ that's an awful use of a 2nd.rounder if that was their intention.
[Reply]
TEX 09:19 AM 10-25-2022

It takes time dude.

Hardman will get a 2nd contract from KC of he is reasonable.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:19 AM 10-25-2022
I'm not sure why we keep shying away from drafting the best talent on the board, instead picking how they best "envision" them in Reid's system. Just like passing on DK and George Pickens (who could be a star on a better team).
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:24 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm not sure why we keep shying away from drafting the best talent on the board, instead picking how they best "envision" them in Reid's system. Just like passing on DK and George Pickens (who could be a star on a better team).
Because there were major red flags on both of them. That's why they weren't taken till the bottom half of the 2nd round.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:25 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Hardman will get a 2nd contract from KC of he is reasonable.
Why would they pay Hardman? He’s a gadget player. He doesn’t run routes well. He succeeds on jet sweeps and screens.

Do you really think it’s difficult for a rookie to do that job?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:26 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
If agreeing with DJ where reflecting on current documented performance labels me as a hater, then we definitely need to take a wait and see approach to Skyy. Oh and fuck DJ. (Did i do that correctly)

[Reply]
Mecca 09:27 AM 10-25-2022
Why would they pay Hardman? He’s a gadget player. He doesn’t run routes well. He succeeds on jet sweeps and screens.

Do you really think it’s difficult for a rookie to do that job?
Speed, guys that run that fast aren't just all over the place. It'll be about money though.

Also yea in hindsight taking Moore over Pickens doesn't look like a smart move, you can't win em all I guess.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:30 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Speed, guys that run that fast aren't just all over the place.
We just signed a guy with his speed to a 3 year deal that in 7 games is pretty damn close to putting up a full season of Hardman's production.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 280
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Up