6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:09 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Awesome quote Salvy. This guy gets it. Thank you.

Q
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:11 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Seems that way. Got a hardheaded manager, pitching coach and pitcher. Seems like a standoff at this point.
It would be awesome if 2 of those 3 would find their way out of our Organization...sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:35 PM 08-11-2021
Singer is frustrating to watch. A couple of times today (his last at-bat against Gallo comes to mind), it was clear he just didn't have the stuff to even challenge Joey and ended up conceding a walk to him after being ahead 0-2. Now the Yankees are completely on his fastball and slider (as per usual in his 3rd time through the order) and he has nothing to counter it with. Add in the fact that he is just ignoring runners on the basepaths and it just seems like he's a guy who could benefit from extended time in Omaha where he can throw his change and bounce back mentally until he's comfortable competing at this level.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:45 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The Cardinals have not done much since firing Matheny and he seems to have applied himself to learning lessons from whatever went wrong.

Has any other small market team won a World Series since Dayton Moore became GM?

Dayton Moore is one of the best and he also was a big part of the Royals outreach and things like Urban Youth Baseball Academy. The Royals have built up a lot of goodwill with player agents and college managers by paying minor leaguers during COVID.

Being a principled person pays off if you have good principles and treat people right.

If you had Dayton Moore's integrity, you should never post about the Royals until there is a change.
What a complete load of bullshit.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:47 PM 08-11-2021
So what young guys are you saying will not get their chance?

Just like everyone here knows you do not have the integrity to stay uninterested even though you say you will be as long as Moore and Matheny keep their jobs, everybody knows that the prospects will get the opportunity.

This is not a playoff year, but the Royals are in good position to compete for playoffs for the next 5-6 years and possibly longer.
Lol that’s funny. Gotta love MAYBE being in contention for the wild card some years but never being good enough to win the division due to being behind Chicago in all aspects for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:57 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Singer is frustrating to watch. A couple of times today (his last at-bat against Gallo comes to mind), it was clear he just didn't have the stuff to even challenge Joey and ended up conceding a walk to him after being ahead 0-2. Now the Yankees are completely on his fastball and slider (as per usual in his 3rd time through the order) and he has nothing to counter it with. Add in the fact that he is just ignoring runners on the basepaths and it just seems like he's a guy who could benefit from extended time in Omaha where he can throw his change and get his head on straight until he's comfortable throwing it at this level.
It's significant enough that I might send him all the way to High A and make him work his way back up with the changeup. Or at least AA. Shake him up a little bit.

If he stops being so stubborn and starts taking advantage of what the staff can do to help him develop a third pitch (changeup, cutter, splitter, don't care) he can be a really good major leaguer.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:58 PM 08-11-2021
Singer just looks awful. I was excited to see him after the promise he showed last year. What a disappointment.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:00 PM 08-11-2021
He didn’t luck into scouting Salvy, Herrera and Yordano.

He didn’t luck into drafting Hosmer, Moose, Duffy and Holland.

He didn’t luck into the contract extension he signed Greinke to, a critical one that allowed him to trade for Cain and Escobar. Two players he thought would excel at the K.

He didn’t luck into the coaching that was critical for Cain staying healthy for a baseball season, and Gordo reviving his career in the outfield and at the plate.

He didn’t luck into James Shields and Wade Davis, and made the trade in spite of leaguewide scorn.

He didn’t luck into trading for Cueto and Zobrist, giving away a piece in Manaea that even got scorn from Billy Beane. These pieces put the Royals over the top.

Really the only argument one could make is that his buy-low free agents (BBQ Ed Volquez, Kendrys Morales, Chris Young, Ryan Madson, Franklin Morales, Alex Rios and even Butera) which are typically very hit or miss, all turned out to be aces in 2015 (even Rios in the postseason). But this amount of luck is required for basically every WS winning team and the core of this team (without these FA's) had made the WS the previous year.

This narrative about him lucking into the win is more and more prevalent over Twitter, but it does a huge disservice to that squad. Has Moore always seemed weirdly fundamentalist? (thinking of the time he said Salvy’s out of wedlock child was “nothing to celebrate”) Yes. Has the game passed Moore now? It may have, but it doesn’t take away from the team that was built in 2014-2015.
Had a lot of shitty luck in 2016 and 2017 that didn't keep it going. 2016 injuries were huge. Not to mention the injury to Cain that kept the big trade with the Nationals for Trea Turner from going down. 2017 with the death of Ventura was the biggest blow of all for the franchise.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:05 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Had a lot of shitty luck in 2016 and 2017 that didn't keep it going. 2016 injuries were huge. Not to mention the injury to Cain that kept the big trade with the Nationals for Trea Turner from going down. 2017 with the death of Ventura was the biggest blow of all for the franchise.
Yeah, a lot of people forget that about 2016. That season we had significant injuries to Gordo, Moose, Cain, Hoch and Davis. The first two injuries made us sellers at the deadline, but when Cain went down injured we lost out on a huge opportunity to extend our competitive window. It's been pointed out that we had good injury luck in 2014 and 2015, but all that luck was completely erased and evened out in the following seasons.

Ventura's death is still a gutpunch for me to think about. 2017 just had a pall over it from that point forward :-).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:53 PM 08-11-2021
Yeah, a lot of people forget that about 2016. That season we had significant injuries to Gordo, Moose, Cain and Davis. The first two injuries made us sellers at the deadline, but when Cain went down injured we lost out on a huge opportunity to extend our competitive window. It's been pointed out that we had good injury luck in 2014 and 2015, but all that luck was completely erased and evened out in the following seasons.

Ventura's death is still a gutpunch for me to think about. 2017 just had a pall over it from that point forward :-).
Yeah. They had the framework for an agreement in place to send Davis and Cain to Washington for Trea Turner and a pitching prospect whose name I've forgotten. The deal was just waiting for the Royals to say yes, and then Cain got hurt.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:54 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah. They had the framework for an agreement in place to send Davis and Cain to Washington for Trea Turner and a pitching prospect whose name I've forgotten. The deal was just waiting for the Royals to say yes, and then Cain got hurt.
Reynaldo Lopez
[Reply]
jettio 04:13 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
His dont gaf, may be different than yours. But please go on and continue to express your thoughts on peoples integrity because you simply dont agree with them. Sounds very "progressive" of you.
You must not read the nonsense your friend posts.

He does not seem to be aspiring to be a virtuous person with integrity. Not sure why it hurt your feelings worse than it hurt his.

If the asshole says he has no interest in the Royals organization until Moore and Matheny are "shit-canned", he might take a break from tossing turds in the Royals thread punch bowls, if he had integrity.

Maybe we could start a thread on the Royals for the scrubs that have not accomplished 1/100th of what Dayton Moore has accomplished and they can congratulate each other on how much better a job they would have done if they somehow had the job they did nothing to earn.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:31 PM 08-11-2021
It can be true that Dayton Moore did an amazing job in his first decade as the Royals GM and also that he did not do an amazing job at the things he needed to starting about 1/2 through that first decade, leading to under performance in years 11-15.

The Royals were a JOKE when he took the job. Their scouting department was small and pathetic and poorly organized. They had no presence in Latin America. No FA with options wanted a part of Kc unless overpaid by significant amounts.

Then he spent five years building the thing from the ground up and turning it into an elite farm system, ranked by many prospect orgs at the time as the deepest system they’d ever seen and best they’d ever seen.

And then he cashed that in for 2 pennants and a World Series title. Meanwhile, teams undergoing similar rebuilds in places like Pittsburgh or Seattle ended up with nada.

And then he and his staff did a bad job adjusting to the changes in the draft system. They could no longer throw enough money at guys in later rounds to build the depth they needed to make the HS prospect approach work any more.

But they realized they were of course and have worked hard to correct since 2016.

I’m still not a fan of the approach they took in the draft this year, but the 17, 18, 19, and 20 drafts were nice changes. The 16 draft was pretty meh, but Nicky Lopez looks like an everyday player, Richard Lovelady should be a good bullpen piece, and they flipped Khalil Lee for 2 years of Andrew Benintendi (that may turn into more via extension).

Those drafts and changes in approach with pitching and hitting development built up a lot of good will with me. I’m excited about the state of the farm.

But the staff of dumbasses and the 21 draft class burn most of that good will off.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:07 PM 08-11-2021

Why not hit a homer in your Triple-A debut?

Have yourself a night, MJ Melendez!#ChasersFamily pic.twitter.com/UVwOQmFTbJ

— Omaha Storm Chasers (@OMAStormChasers) August 12, 2021

Triple-A baserunners are learning quickly... Don't run on MJ Melendez. #ChasersFamily | @mjmelendez7 pic.twitter.com/7l6IFeBuAM

— Omaha Storm Chasers (@OMAStormChasers) August 12, 2021

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:58 AM 08-12-2021
You must not read the nonsense your friend posts.

He does not seem to be aspiring to be a virtuous person with integrity. Not sure why it hurt your feelings worse than it hurt his.

If the asshole says he has no interest in the Royals organization until Moore and Matheny are "shit-canned", he might take a break from tossing turds in the Royals thread punch bowls, if he had integrity.

Maybe we could start a thread on the Royals for the scrubs that have not accomplished 1/100th of what Dayton Moore has accomplished and they can congratulate each other on how much better a job they would have done if they somehow had the job they did nothing to earn.
Lmao friend? I don't think I've ever interacted with Fansy.

I've never seen someone so triggered over criticism of a shitty GM and shitty manager. Are you Dayton Moore or a relative of his? The amount of emotion spilling out from your responses has me thinking that you may have actually cried while reading my posts or while you were writing yours, hell maybe both.

Obviously I give a shit about the team. I sure as hell wouldn't be bitching every single night about how terribly ran they are. At the moment there is only one fucking dude that I despise and his name is Ryan O'Hearn. This clown has a .653 OPS and -2.8 WAR between 2019 and today. Does this stop the Royals from playing him in RF instead of Edward Olivares, a guy that has a .739 OPS in 20 games this season. He's done everything he can, but is treated like a piece of trash.
[Reply]
Page 321 of 440
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331371421 > Last »
Up