ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 295
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kccrow 09:13 AM 04-24-2020
Putting up numbers like Westbrook did out of the backfield as a receiver is what would make this pick worth a 1st rounder. I think that's the overall appeal to Veach in Reid is how good he was in college in that regard. Improving the run game has nowhere near the correlation with winning as does improving passing efficiency and effectiveness, and CEH may just provide that. I'm hoping for it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:16 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Putting up numbers like Westbrook did out of the backfield as a receiver is what would make this pick worth a 1st rounder. I think that's the overall appeal to Veach in Reid is how good he was in college in that regard. Improving the run game has nowhere near the correlation with winning as does improving passing efficiency and effectiveness, and CEH may just provide that. I'm hoping for it.
I think he’s going to improve the passing game out of the backfield and also improve the short yardage game as well. He’s not a bulldozer but he has the vision and the burst to pick the hole and accelerate through it.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:20 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This kid is going to be on fire on Reid’s screen passes. Holy shit.
Screen passes, wheel routes, even short stop routes are lethal with his change of direction and quickness. Teams will consider putting one of their better cover safeties on him only to remember they still got Kelce and Reek to deal with. There is no good answer.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:22 AM 04-24-2020

Brett Veach also said that when the draft got within 5-6 selections from the Chiefs, Eric Bieniemy started texting him saying, “Go get him, bro!"

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:23 AM 04-24-2020
I'm perfectly fine with a running back after Murray and Ruiz were gone.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:23 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Screen passes, wheel routes, even short stop routes are lethal with his change of direction and quickness. Teams will consider putting one of their better cover safeties on him only to remember they still got Kelce and Reek to deal with. There is no good answer.
Then you still got to deal with Mecole and Sammy
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:23 AM 04-24-2020
Per Schrager, CEH was going early to mid second. This is not a reach at all. More than one GM was throwing clipboards at this pick. Simms said this was the best RB in the draft.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:24 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Then you still got to deal with Mecole and Sammy
Amen brother
[Reply]
tredadda 09:25 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value. You could have traded down to middle to late 2nd round and still got this guy.

It is my belief hes the best RB for our system outside of Swift but that doesn't mean you disregard value. Nobody else wanted this guy until at least pick 47.
Except you forget about the value of the fifth year option. If this kid is as good as most believe he will be then we will all be glad for that fifth year option.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:26 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Except you forget about the value of the fifth year option. If this kid is as good as most believe he will be then we will all be glad for that fifth year option.
Yep Veach said yesterday he’s excited to have CEH for the next five years
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:28 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
And he’s going to the perfect situation. We have the deep and intermediate threats to create space for him.
Amen brother
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:29 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
What I’m hesitant about is if CEH is the best back in the draft with all of them available. Time will tell.
Well don't be. Watch all of those backs play every down. Not just highlights. But every down you can find. And then watch CEH. He's undeniably the best back. Here, Veach will explain why:

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:29 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Truth :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:29 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This kid is going to be on fire on Reid’s screen passes. Holy shit.
Used more as a receiver than even McCaffrey. This guy is going to be everywhere and will produce similar production. He’s going to be just like McCaffrey as a receiving back.

We’ll think of this dude as a small receiver rather than RB.

Over the last five years, I have only charted 6 running backs that have been split out wide as receivers on at least 20% of their routes:

* Marlon Mack (38%)
* Clyde Edwards-Helaire (35%)
* Christian McCaffrey (31%)
* Josh Jacobs (26%)
* C.J. Prosise (22%)
* Alvin Kamara (21%)

— Graham Barfield (@GrahamBarfield) April 22, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:29 AM 04-24-2020
I’m not in this camp but there are people suggesting we trade Damien Williams. I think this would be dumb. Williams provides a lethal 1-2 combo with CEH
[Reply]
Page 28 of 295
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up