ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 295
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TEX 06:19 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
YOU would be ****ing retarded for value, if you had any value.
:-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:20 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
This pick sort of makes the Thompson pick last year irrelevant. Two small RBs. I know Thompson was not picking up the offense to well last year but man, they are a lot alike IMO.
thought the same thing.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:23 AM 04-24-2020
This pick sort of makes the Thompson pick last year irrelevant. Two small RBs. I know Thompson was not picking up the offense to well last year but man, they are a lot alike IMO.
Yeah, if Thompson doesn’t absolutely ball out in camp(if that’s even a thing this year)I think he’s gone. I get that he was a rookie but the mental mistakes late in the season were unacceptable. The failure to get eyes on Pat as the hot read and the fact that it sure seemed to me that he thought he couldn’t advance the fumbled KO in the Texans game(go back and watch that. He should’ve scored on that play. He hesitated on the return when no one was near him yet)stick out the most.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:32 AM 04-24-2020
You don't make a 1st round selection based off how you feel about your 6th rounder.

Damian
CEH
Washington

Those 3 are locked for the roster, they may keep 1 more and let all the other guys battle out or they may all be gone but this is a remade RB room.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:38 AM 04-24-2020
Good Morning Football gushing about our pick. Schrager said we won the draft.
[Reply]
TRR 06:39 AM 04-24-2020
Similar size, but different players entirely. Thompson is also the only RB under contract after this season.

I love CEH as a running back. He will have immediate success in Reid’s offense, runs much bigger than his size, and is a talented pass catcher. I don’t care that they took a RB with the last pick of the first round. What I’m hesitant about is if CEH is the best back in the draft with all of them available. Time will tell.

We know what this offense was with Kareem Hunt. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is not a Kareem Hunt type back...which leaves a little uncertainty.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:47 AM 04-24-2020
I thought Swift was a little more explosive but also had more issues with injuries, all in all can't be mad at the pick the top RBs are all grouped right together, Taylor has great long speed and he runs well but more wear and he isn't a weapon in the receiving game.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:47 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You don't make a 1st round selection based off how you feel about your 6th rounder.

Damian
CEH
Washington

Those 3 are locked for the roster, they may keep 1 more and let all the other guys battle out or they may all be gone but this is a remade RB room.
Good point about 1st versus 6th....but they were very high on Thompson last year. Can you not teach the mental aspect of the game?

I guess I'm more disappointed that Thompson appears to be a bust.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:48 AM 04-24-2020
Good point about 1st versus 6th....but they were very high on Thompson last year. Can you not teach the mental aspect of the game?

I guess I'm more disappointed that Thompson appears to be a bust.
Missing on a 6 isn't a bust, it has about the same likelyhood of success as a UDFA.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:51 AM 04-24-2020
How does it feel to watch your new teammates get a ring? Probably hungry
[Reply]
jallmon 07:03 AM 04-24-2020
A 1st Round RB!? Great! This offense is going to be even more exciting. Video above (The Call), Clyde sounds like a fine young man, and EB with RB coach are ready for him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:08 AM 04-24-2020

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is only about 5-7 and 205, raising questions about whether he will ever be a regular featured back. The Chiefs and GM Brett Veach doesn't have those doubts.

"We certainly view this guy as a franchise-type running back,” Veach said.

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
kchero 07:09 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like the pick of an RB but its retarded for value. You could have traded down to middle to late 2nd round and still got this guy.

It is my belief hes the best RB for our system outside of Swift but that doesn't mean you disregard value. Nobody else wanted this guy until at least pick 47.
Need a partner to trade down with... Veach was pretty clear that there weren’t any adequate offers.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:11 AM 04-24-2020
Said this several times, the idea you can just move down is a bit stupid, someone else has to want your pick.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:12 AM 04-24-2020

Veach giving Mahomes CEH to complete the infinity gauntlet pic.twitter.com/7Zgr1ngS2v

— CSW��Superbowl Champions �� (@ChampagneWhiles) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
Page 22 of 295
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up