ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 295
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:08 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
He is so fucking good. I can't even.

Those two clips gave me goosebumps. Especially the first one. We already knew this kid was unbelievable but now it's actually happening at the pro level.
On the second one I almost question Keysor's takeaway from it, precisely because of what we've seen him do at LSU.

I don't think he saw the hole was closing, I think he actively closed it. In a 'no look pass' sort of way.

What jumps out watching the kid is that he is ALWAYS setting up his cut. He pushes the gap for so long that he forces a LB to commit and then reacts to it. So I don't think he knew that hole was closing up, I think he took that hard jump stop into the hole to FORCE it closed and get that LBer to commit, opening the B(?) gap to run through.

Keysor gives him credit for reacting but I don't think that's right. What I think happened is even MORE impressive. He didn't react to the action in front of him - he created it. He was pro-active in making the defense commit to that gap with every intention of jumping out of it the moment he made that jump stop.

Dude is playing chess.

Like I said - he and Mahomes are very similar players at different positions. They're thinking a step ahead and possess unique physical traits that allow them to set up things that only they can take advantage of.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:34 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I swear I've seen this exact play already, but with CEH in an LSU uniform.

The new twitter narrative is CEH was gifted all those yards by HOU playing super-high safeties the whole game. BS. This play had nothing to do with safeties. A lesser back would have gotten 2-3 yards on this play.
That was my exact thought.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:38 PM 09-17-2020
I can't wait to see him run again this weekend. There's some magical runs coming and some foo's are gonna get their ankles broken.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:06 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The All 22 makes CEH look even better.

He's ****ing nightcrawler.

Anyone got any more of 'em All-22 CEH Videos?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:08 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I can't wait to see him run again this weekend. There's some magical runs coming and some foo's are gonna get their ankles broken.

via GIPHY

Do you think we’ll have a lot of success running against the Chargers?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:13 PM 09-17-2020
With Clyde becoming a top 5 RB are we okay with Mahomes looking more like Patrick Smith?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:18 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Do you think we’ll have a lot of success running against the Chargers?
I think we’ll have a lot of success running against anybody as long as Pat and our weapons are healthy.

In a game of “pick your poison”, I don’t expect anybody to choose our passing game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:29 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think we’ll have a lot of success running against anybody as long as Pat and our weapons are healthy.

In a game of “pick your poison”, I don’t expect anybody to choose our passing game.
Some coach will get too cute by half.

"We can't let them control the clock..."

{Chews on glass; takes drag from Marlboro Red}
{Puts 8 in the box}
{Dies}

If we keep running the ball like this, somebody's gonna get the bright idea that the way to beat us is to MAKE us more quick strike because it will tire our defense out by having to be on the field so often.

I mean we have Chiefs fans who were insisting that Reid should run the ball more for that very reason. Because by being so efficient and throwing the ball, we made things hard for our defense and were thus susceptible to being out-muscled. This is the kind of idiot thinking that still exists in this league.

There is ALWAYS a Herm Edwards who looks at Dick Vermiel's offense as arcade football. Some idiot will decide that the way to beat the Chiefs is to out physical them, stop the run and keep their defense on the field by letting the Chiefs offense score or stall in a hurry.

And they'll get their dicks shoved out their own assholes.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:42 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

{Puts 8 in the box}
{Dies}

If we keep running the ball like this, somebody's gonna get the bright idea that the way to beat us is to MAKE us more quick strike because it will tire our defense out by having to be on the field so often.

I mean we have Chiefs fans who were insisting that Reid should run the ball more for that very reason. Because by being so efficient and throwing the ball, we made things hard for our defense and were thus susceptible to being out-muscled. This is the kind of idiot thinking that still exists in this league.

There is ALWAYS a Herm Edwards who looks at Dick Vermiel's offense as arcade football. Some idiot will decide that the way to beat the Chiefs is to out physical them, stop the run and keep their defense on the field by letting the Chiefs offense score or stall in a hurry.

You’re probably right. I’m probably giving them too much credit.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:08 PM 09-17-2020
You know Andy has some chaos math formations just lined up waiting to unleash, especially if we can continue to run with CEH like that out of 11 personnel.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:31 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
With Clyde becoming a top 5 RB are we okay with Mahomes looking more like Patrick Smith?
I'm okay with Mahomes looking more like Patrick Peyton curl up in fetal position to avoid getting hit/injured.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:32 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
His vision and agility in tight space is very, very impressive. Even if you have a defense that decides to focus a ton on stopping him, it then makes them more vulnerable to the passing game.

If anyone has a defense that can pull off the below items in the same game, then more power to them. They probably have the best defense of all-time.

1. Elite pass rush on Mahomes
2. Outsmarting Reid & Mahomes in the playcalling
3. Shut down Clyde running
4. Shut down Clyde receiving
5. Elite coverage on Tyreek, Kelce, Sammy, D-Rob/Hardman
6. Shut down Mahomes from running for 1st downs
Injuries or fluke turn overs are the big worries.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:38 PM 09-17-2020
On the second one I almost question Keysor's takeaway from it, precisely because of what we've seen him do at LSU.

I don't think he saw the hole was closing, I think he actively closed it. In a 'no look pass' sort of way.

What jumps out watching the kid is that he is ALWAYS setting up his cut. He pushes the gap for so long that he forces a LB to commit and then reacts to it. So I don't think he knew that hole was closing up, I think he took that hard jump stop into the hole to FORCE it closed and get that LBer to commit, opening the B(?) gap to run through.

Keysor gives him credit for reacting but I don't think that's right. What I think happened is even MORE impressive. He didn't react to the action in front of him - he created it. He was pro-active in making the defense commit to that gap with every intention of jumping out of it the moment he made that jump stop.

Dude is playing chess.

Like I said - he and Mahomes are very similar players at different positions. They're thinking a step ahead and possess unique physical traits that allow them to set up things that only they can take advantage of.
When I finally got to re-watch the game that's what I saw as well. CEH forced the LBs to commit to a hole before bouncing or cutting back. That ability is going to make stopping the Chiefs running game extremely difficult between the 20s. LBs aren't used to being patient; it's kind of the antithesis of what it is to be LBer. And for a rookie RB what CEH is doing is very high level stuff.

And I don't know how DCs are going to gameplan for it. Before CEH they had to double Hill and Kelce then try to deal 1v1 with Sammy/ Hardman/Robinson, then Damien Williams in the passing game. They did that by using a ton of 3- and 4-man fronts. Basically they were daring the Chiefs to run. Now they'll have to expend resources dealing with CEH as a runner, and as a receiver, plus all the above. There's literally not enough defenders on the field.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:42 PM 09-17-2020

{Puts 8 in the box}
{Dies}

This sounds like the exact type of dumbassery someone like Fangio will try while Elway dies a thousand deaths in the press box (an Elway special since Pat's arrival).

On that note, Pat really has had some memorable games against the Broncos to start his career.

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We're down 4 and there's 3 minutes left in the game, as long as Pat still goes for the dagger (like he did to Watkins in the Super Bowl), I don't really care what he looks like the rest of the game.

The thing with Alex isn't because he threw checkdowns and took what was there, it was became he still seemed to think checkdowns were a viable option when needing to drive for a touchdown in the 4th quarter. I still cringe when I think of the 6 minute drive he had in the 4th quarter against the Patriots in the 2015/2016 playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:07 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This sounds like the exact type of dumbassery someone like Fangio will try while Elway dies a thousand deaths in the press box (an Elway special since Pat's arrival).

On that note, Pat really has had some memorable games against the Broncos to start his career.

We're down 4 and there's 3 minutes left in the game, as long as Pat still goes for the dagger (like he did to Watkins in the Super Bowl), I don't really care what he looks like the rest of the game.

The thing with Alex isn't because he threw checkdowns and took what was there, it was became he still seemed to think checkdowns were a viable option when needing to drive for a touchdown in the 4th quarter. I still cringe when I think of the 6 minute drive he had in the 4th quarter against the Patriots in the 2015/2016 playoffs.
IMO, Alex's 'lock time' between processing what he saw and then executing was just very average. It just took him too long to pull the trigger. There was a play in one of those playoff games (think it was the Pats one) I can still remember where Kelce was open, but Alex was a tad late getting his head around, but Kelce was still open when he finally did. Mahomes would've fired it as soon as he got his eyes on Kelce, because he was open, even though the window was closing.

Instead, Alex did this half double-clutch thing, and then it was too late. Alex ended up trying to run for a few yards, even though he had no shot at converting. I remember just screaming at the TV "throw the freaking ball!" like three times before Alex decided to run. But that was Alex in his natural state. he was just too cautious.

In fact, if you go back and really watch every snap of that ridiculously long drive at the end of that Pats game you can see that on a bunch of those plays Alex has guys open downfield almost every time, but he opts to checkdown every time. That's why I've contended that the problem in that game wan't Andy's play-calling, because they really should've been inside the 15-yard line in 4 or 5 plays, except Alex wouldn't just pull the trigger. So what should've been a 6-7 play drive for a score ended up being a 12+ or whatever it was that ate up all of that clock.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 295
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Up