ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:53 AM 09-14-2021
Rookie mistake i wouldnt knock him for that at this point. He's super raw. I mean super raw. He came from a garbage coaching staff known for not developing talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Rookie mistake i wouldnt knock him for that at this point. He's super raw. I mean super raw. He came from a garbage coaching staff known for not developing talent.
Yea, I was shocked to even see him in the game to be honest. I guess with Clark out they just don’t have the bodies, but I’d imagine they prefer not to have him on the field this early on.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:27 AM 05-04-2022
This guy had a disappointing rookie season, but he was always a developmental DE with some high upside traits. He spent two months on IR with an ankle injury, then didn't really play again. Before that, he had 46 snaps and zero stats.

Hopefully, he can turn a corner this year - there's playing time and opportunity there for him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:14 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by wachashi:
This guy had a disappointing rookie season, but he was always a developmental DE with some high upside traits. He spent two months on IR with an ankle injury, then didn't really play again. Before that, he had 46 snaps and zero stats.

Hopefully, he can turn a corner this year - there's playing time and opportunity there for him.
Has the tools, needs the coaching. I dont know that he takes a big step this year, but id be happy if he looks like he knows where the ball is and is going. Last year his limited snaps looked like he just wanted to engage a lineman and try not to get pushed out of the play.

edit: just clicked the highlights for the first time in a year or more. Fuck i hope he pans out. He looks the part.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:28 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Has the tools, needs the coaching. I dont know that he takes a big step this year, but id be happy if he looks like he knows where the ball is and is going. Last year his limited snaps looked like he just wanted to engage a lineman and try not to get pushed out of the play.

edit: just clicked the highlights for the first time in a year or more. Fuck i hope he pans out. He looks the part.
Yeah, just watched it too. Wow, guy hits like a train, and looks quick to the qb (but not necessarily the EZ, lol). Would love to see some of that on our DL this year.

Getting some production from him and Powell would be nice.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:36 PM 05-04-2022
I hope he can improve but he has a lot to learn. Josh Kaindoh was sooo bad in that game against the Browns. It looked like he had no idea what was going on.

[Reply]
MMXcalibur 02:39 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I hope he can improve but he has a lot to learn. Josh Kaindoh was sooo bad in that game against the Browns. It looked like he had no idea what was going on.

Any one of us could have scored on that play.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:07 PM 05-04-2022
Another Tanoh Kpassagnon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:09 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
My favorite Veach picks are the guys with injury histories & no production in college.

Still my favorites.

[Reply]
staylor26 06:11 PM 05-04-2022
Still my favorites.

You’re an idiot.

Kaindoh is exactly the type of big swing you take in the 4th, especially when you miss out on an EDGE early.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:12 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re such a fucking moron.

I’m sure you were one of the idiots asking who the fuck Sneed was last year too.

Shut up faggot.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:13 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Thanks for weighing in! :-)

You’re welcome.

[Reply]
staylor26 06:13 PM 05-04-2022
Shut up bundle of sticks.

Who would you have taken?

Oh that’s right, you know exactly dick about the draft and just talk out of your ass.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:22 PM 05-04-2022
It's like the same guys piss on every draft pick and then hope they fail so they can be right.

I can't imagine being that kind of fan
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:27 PM 05-04-2022
Another Tanoh Kpassagnon.

TK ended up being an average player his last year in KC. Joshua has a long way to go to even hit that bench mark.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 20
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up