ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Upset Friend by Texting while Drunk
crayzkirk 05:42 PM 11-29-2022
About a month ago, I was into the Whiskey and looking for reasons (excuses) to dive deeper into the abyss. I texted a friend while drunk and asked him why he had put me down in front of some people we were golfing with. He's super competitive and does this to mess with me because he knows I don't like it. It didn't really set well with me however I didn't say anything at the time. Mistake one. Mistake two was texting while drunk asking him why he felt it was necessary to put me down in front of a group of strangers. He asked if I was drinking Whiskey and I said yes. He basically texted back the he was sorry I feel bad. I sent him a text the next day saying that I was sorry for acting like a victim and was embarrassed by the whole thing. The last response I got was "I'm done with this conversation.".

This is someone that I've known for 40 years and helped me after my father died. We've been through a lot and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm to the point where I feel like dropping by his house to make sure he's okay. I haven't gotten any responses to texts about anything; wishing him a happy Thanksgiving, etc.

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:39 PM 11-29-2022

[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:54 PM 11-29-2022
Mistake three...

Airing my dirty laundry on CP...

Although I do appreciate the input; other than dick pics and reach arounds, it's helpful.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:58 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
You kind of seem exhausting to hang out with tbh...
yeah, probably right. especially when people cancel on me at the last minute for whatever reasons and then expect me to be available for their shit.

you are absolutely correct, it's so wrong of me to expect my friends to honor their engagements with me. And when they don't, give me some excuse that i should just accept because they are my friend.

This is how people have treated me my whole life. yeah, victim... Screw that, every time I stand up for me, people get upset. That's not my problem now. it's theirs. No more Mr. Nice Guy.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:07 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
yeah, probably right. especially when people cancel on me at the last minute for whatever reasons and then expect me to be available for their shit.

you are absolutely correct, it's so wrong of me to expect my friends to honor their engagements with me. And when they don't, give me some excuse that i should just accept because they are my friend.

This is how people have treated me my whole life. yeah, victim... Screw that, every time I stand up for me, people get upset. That's not my problem now. it's theirs. No more Mr. Nice Guy.
Why are you friends with this dude that constantly bails on you and doesn't want to do anything with you?

Is he bailing on you because you get too drunk and he's a grown ass man that doesn't want to deal with that crazy shit?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:13 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why are you friends with this dude that constantly bails on you and doesn't want to do anything with you?

Is he bailing on you because you get too drunk and he's a grown ass man that doesn't want to deal with that crazy shit?
No, usually he is the one that gets wasted and want to attack me because of differing political beliefs. The last time we got together he was telling me how I was an illegal immigrant because i called out the issues at the border.

Basically, he's a flaming liberal who has earned nothing in his life and tells me that I'm a loser because I have conservative values and have saved for retirement.

yeah, it's time to just let it go. Politics have ruined so many relationships. He won't even attempt to have an actual discussion about the reality of how things are.

I've known him for 40 years and we had good time together, I don't want to lose that however I'm expecting something that he can't deliver.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:22 AM 11-30-2022
I'm done with this conversation.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:24 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well, you've already handled it like a chick, so stopping by his house would be doubling down on acting like a chick.

DON'T GO TO HIS FUCKING HOUSE. Holy shit dude.

I don't know ya'll's dynamic, but if you were MY friend, you already made it weird.
I understand this... However i would never attack someone that was my friend in order to make me look better.

Not how I was brought up. Not how I treat people who are my friends.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:30 AM 11-30-2022
No, usually he is the one that gets wasted and want to attack me because of differing political beliefs. The last time we got together he was telling me how I was an illegal immigrant because i called out the issues at the border.

Basically, he's a flaming liberal who has earned nothing in his life and tells me that I'm a loser because I have conservative values and have saved for retirement.

yeah, it's time to just let it go. Politics have ruined so many relationships. He won't even attempt to have an actual discussion about the reality of how things are.

I've known him for 40 years and we had good time together, I don't want to lose that however I'm expecting something that he can't deliver.
Well stop talking politics, but if he's the one instigating, then it's probably time to move on. After reading this I'm not even sure why you are friends lol. I think this friendship has run its course.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:36 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Well stop talking politics, but if he's the one instigating, then it's probably time to move on. After reading this I'm not even sure why you are friends lol. I think this friendship has run its course.
Everything is always my fault; when i stand up for myself, problems happen. I'm just going to leave it in his court; i went off the rails and apologized, so it he can't forgive and forget... time to move on.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:55 AM 11-30-2022
Everything is always my fault; when i stand up for myself, problems happen. I'm just going to leave it in his court; i went off the rails and apologized, so it he can't forgive and forget... time to move on.
I'm not sure what you're getting out of this friendship. It doesn't seem like it's any fun. Just because you have been friends for a long time doesn't mean that you have to continue being friends. People change and grow in different directions. It seems like you two have grown too far apart and can't be friends anymore.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:27 AM 11-30-2022
Invite him to a Royals game next spring. Tell him to meet you at the George Brett statue. Rally a band of CP tough guys to also be there. One of us can instigate a fight ending with the CP toughies pummeling him in front of you while you enjoy your ice cold adult beverage. Afterwards, tell him that you’ve lost all respect for him and no longer want to know him. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:04 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well, you've already handled it like a chick, so stopping by his house would be doubling down on acting like a chick.

DON'T GO TO HIS FUCKING HOUSE. Holy shit dude.

I don't know ya'll's dynamic, but if you were MY friend, you already made it weird.
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Way to go Fonz

[Reply]
Womble 05:13 AM 11-30-2022
Smooth things over by driving to his house and leave a fancy breakfast outside. Also shit in his postbox.
[Reply]
scho63 06:16 AM 11-30-2022
What the fuck is this "Dear Abby" shit?
[Reply]
jettio 08:38 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Soooo, nobody else picked up on his friend pointedly asking if he was drinking whiskey? Dude may think you have a drinking problem and finds it really off-putting.
I had noticed that, I was thinking he could ask to come over for some makeup time if he drinks gin instead.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up