ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3622 of 3903
« First < 2622312235223572361236183619362036213622 3623362436253626363236723722 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 10:39 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
There is no primary care physician for a gross many people. Nor $100 for an Urgent Care. I get it. It's their fault. I'm just saying.

It behooves us to have a nation of healthy people. Healthy literate people.
This is a huge cause of ED visits.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:41 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Pfft, you probably don't even blog. And how many tweeter followers do you have?
Dozens of followers!

:-)

My mom, my dad, a few cousins. I’m pretty popular.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:43 AM 08-07-2021
There is no primary care physician for a gross many people. Nor $100 for an Urgent Care. I get it. It's their fault. I'm just saying.

It behooves us to have a nation of healthy people. Healthy literate people.
I understand that but somethings don't need a primary care physician, some people go to ER for very very minor things that they didn't even try to fix themselves , No is probably one of the most popular answers to the question "did you try taking tylenol/advil" .
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:44 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Ya be he is in marketing so take that.
I like making ads.

I also know that anyone who would recommend these experimental vaccines to someone healthy, 25 years and under has zero common sense.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:45 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I like making ads.

I also know that anyone who would recommend these experimental vaccines to someone healthy, 25 years and under has zero common sense.
How do YOU know?
[Reply]
penguinz 10:46 AM 08-07-2021
How do YOU know?
Because he saw a meme on Facebook.
[Reply]
Katipan 10:50 AM 08-07-2021
I understand that but somethings don't need a primary care physician, some people go to ER for very very minor things that they didn't even try to fix themselves , No is probably one of the most popular answers to the question "did you try taking tylenol/advil" .
Well that would be the literate part.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:50 AM 08-07-2021
I like making ads.

I am also in advertising.

So that qualifies me to say your opinion is wrong.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:53 AM 08-07-2021
How do YOU know?
They are such low risk that any adverse events make it a non-starter.

When it comes to vaccinating healthy kids – and you could argue young people up to 25 – there is a case for vaccination but it's not strong. The COVID-19 death risk is clustered among kids with a comorbid condition, like obesity. Of the more than 330 COVID-19 deaths in kids under age 25, there's good preliminary data suggesting that most or nearly all appear to be in kids with a pre-existing condition. For kids with concurrent medical conditions, the case for vaccination is compelling. But for healthy kids?

The risk of hospitalization from COVID-19 in kids ages 5 to17 is 0.3 per million for the week ending July 24, 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We also know that the risk of hospitalization after the second vaccine dose due to myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle, is about 50 per million in that same age group.

It may be that the standard two-dose regimen is a dose too high and is inducing a strong inflammatory response causing these complications. A single dose of the vaccine may be highly effective in kids, as reported by Tel Aviv University. Researchers there found that one dose was 100% effective in kids ages 12 to 15. For now, until we get better data, I recommend one dose for healthy kids who have not already had COVID-19 in the past.

I'm concerned the CDC hasn't considered whether one dose of the two-dose shots would be sufficient – and safer – for young people. The agency's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has vigorously recommended the two-dose vaccine regimen for all children ages 12 and up regardless of whether kids already have immunity. I take issue with that. The data the CDC used on which to base its recommendation is incomplete at best. The agency is using the Yelp of vaccine complications as a data source: a self-reported database of vaccine complications, which haven't been fact-checked by authorities. So the agency may not be fully capturing the extent of vaccine complications from the second dose in some young people.

I wish the CDC would tell us more about the deaths of Simone Scott, 19, and Jacob Clynick, 13, both of whom died shortly after getting a second vaccine dose and developed heart inflammation. There have been 19 other deaths in youth under age 25, according to the CDC. Since the clinical trials were not powered sufficiently to detect rare events like these, I want to know more about those deaths before making blanket recommendations.

Researching these events is important when issuing broad guidance about vaccinating healthy kids, including students, who already have an infinitesimally small risk of dying from COVID-19.

Why COVID-19 Vaccines Should Not Be Required for All Americans

Dr. Marty Makary: I’m pro-vaccine but blanket requirements outside of health care go too far.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...ans?src=usn_tw
[Reply]
Monticore 10:53 AM 08-07-2021
Well that would be the literate part.
I was talking about them too.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:55 AM 08-07-2021

When it comes to vaccinating healthy kids – and you could argue young people up to 25 – there is a case for vaccination but it's not strong. The COVID-19 death risk is clustered among kids with a comorbid condition, like obesity. Of the more than 330 COVID-19 deaths in kids under age 25, there's good preliminary data suggesting that most or nearly all appear to be in kids with a pre-existing condition. For kids with concurrent medical conditions, the case for vaccination is compelling. But for healthy kids?

The risk of hospitalization from COVID-19 in kids ages 5 to17 is 0.3 per million for the week ending July 24, 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We also know that the risk of hospitalization after the second vaccine dose due to myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle, is about 50 per million in that same age group.

It may be that the standard two-dose regimen is a dose too high and is inducing a strong inflammatory response causing these complications. A single dose of the vaccine may be highly effective in kids, as reported by Tel Aviv University. Researchers there found that one dose was 100% effective in kids ages 12 to 15. For now, until we get better data, I recommend one dose for healthy kids who have not already had COVID-19 in the past.

I'm concerned the CDC hasn't considered whether one dose of the two-dose shots would be sufficient – and safer – for young people. The agency's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices has vigorously recommended the two-dose vaccine regimen for all children ages 12 and up regardless of whether kids already have immunity. I take issue with that. The data the CDC used on which to base its recommendation is incomplete at best. The agency is using the Yelp of vaccine complications as a data source: a self-reported database of vaccine complications, which haven't been fact-checked by authorities. So the agency may not be fully capturing the extent of vaccine complications from the second dose in some young people.

I wish the CDC would tell us more about the deaths of Simone Scott, 19, and Jacob Clynick, 13, both of whom died shortly after getting a second vaccine dose and developed heart inflammation. There have been 19 other deaths in youth under age 25, according to the CDC. Since the clinical trials were not powered sufficiently to detect rare events like these, I want to know more about those deaths before making blanket recommendations.

Researching these events is important when issuing broad guidance about vaccinating healthy kids, including students, who already have an infinitesimally small risk of dying from COVID-19.

Dr. Marty Makary: I’m pro-vaccine but blanket requirements outside of health care go too far.

How do you know he isn't full of shit.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:55 AM 08-07-2021

I’m confused, he is Recommending a dose of the vaccine. Does this mean he has no common sense?

He also says.

“ Those who choose not to get vaccinated are making a poor health decision at their own individual risk. They pose no public health threat to those already immune. ”

I have said for a while that the benefit of pediatric vaccination is unclear, as initially children seemed to be disproportionately unaffected. Delta is changing my opinion on this.

I’m not saying I agree with him or don’t agree with him, but he is advocating for a single dose in pediatric patients.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:04 AM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I’m confused, he is Recommending a dose of the vaccine. Does this mean he has no common sense?

He also says.

“ Those who choose not to get vaccinated are making a poor health decision at their own individual risk. They pose no public health threat to those already immune. ”

I have said for a while that the benefit of pediatric vaccination is unclear, as initially children seemed to be disproportionately unaffected. Delta is changing my opinion on this.
He is kind of straddling the fence here. He recommends one dose only if you do it but it's not clear he is really advocating everyone healthy under 25 take it.
[Reply]
wazu 11:04 AM 08-07-2021
I like making ads.

I actually worked with a healthy 25-year old who died of COVID in June.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:07 AM 08-07-2021
He is kind of straddling the fence here. He recommends one dose only if you do it but it's not clear he is really advocating everyone healthy under 25 take it.
Yes he is.

For now, until we get better data, I recommend one dose for healthy kids who have not already had COVID-19 in the past.

Based on your own definition this guy has no common sense
[Reply]
Page 3622 of 3903
« First < 2622312235223572361236183619362036213622 3623362436253626363236723722 > Last »
Up