ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3616 of 3903
« First < 2616311635163566360636123613361436153616 3617361836193620362636663716 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
NotDonger 11:10 AM 08-06-2021
For those asking about the previously infected:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...?resultClick=3

Consequently, individuals with a documented prior COVID-19 infection may be sufficiently protected from reinfection after a single mRNA vaccine dose
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:15 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, looks like at this point, there wouldn't be any reason to vaccinate someone who has had previous infection.

Maybe a single dose that would be specifically geared to Delta, but I don't think it's drifted enough genetically to be necessary.
Just had one of my people I manage who got Covid in December, vaccinated in March-April just test positive again after coming in contact with someone covid positive. Very mild cold symptoms.

Covid is crazy..
[Reply]
O.city 11:18 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Just had one of my people I manage who got Covid in December, vaccinated in March-April just test positive again after coming in contact with someone covid positive. Very mild cold symptoms.

Covid is crazy..
Outliers happen.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:25 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

People need to have proof that they actually had COVID, not that they "think" they had it because of some mild cold.
Also there's always going to be a grey area between symptomatic and asymptomatic.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:27 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Outliers happen.
yeah I was just shocked when they told me just a little while ago. I don't even know what to say other maybe a bad test... That is nuts
[Reply]
loochy 11:32 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
you fell for that?

...that's just his SOP.
Fell for what? I just explained what you said. I really take neither side in the matter.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:50 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Also there's always going to be a grey area between symptomatic and asymptomatic.
I found something the other day on asymptomatic, but apparently didn't save it.

Basically we just don't know at this point. No studies have been done.
[Reply]
ghak99 01:16 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That is a serious lack of news bubble. I wonder what % of the country lives like that.
I have a feeling the size of that group is growing.

People are tuning out and I really don't blame them for doing it. In fact, I'm starting to envy their ability to do so.
[Reply]
O.city 01:32 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah it’s not perfect but it’s the only thing I could find on the CDC with hospitalizations year over year. I just don’t know that a “50% of hospitalizations, highest ever, are under 50” conveys anything meaningful given that 50% is probably most affected by many factors, including the far higher amounts of older people vaccinated compared to last year when they were such a high percentage.

It makes sense to me that younger people percentages would increase as the pool of potential older people hospitalizations reduces faster than the potential pool of younger people hospitilazations reduces. Sort of like how the more people get vaccinated the larger percentage of hospitalizations they will become.

I’m open to it affecting younger people harder than the original but hospitalization rates ad increased media focus are not an indicator of that.
Saw the hospitalizations for 30-50 year olds are almost double what they have been for covid in their release tosay.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:44 PM 08-06-2021
Yeah it makes no sense. HCQ + Zinc or whatever would be given to you in a hospital after you had Covid while you are racking up thousands of dollars or more in hospital bills.

How about instead take the free vaccine, stay out of the hospital and save the world.

Only a dumbass would pick the former.
No. Ideally, you'd start the treatment after early symptoms in an outpatient setting. And it's dirt cheap.

As for the vaccines, I could drop some bombshells substantiated by documented evidence, but it's a lost cause.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:45 PM 08-06-2021
Don't be like this guy.

@johniadarola: ‘Nothing to be afraid of’: Anti-vaxxer said he was ‘glad’ to catch COVID – it killed him days later https://www.rawstory.com/anti-vaxxer-dies/
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:56 PM 08-06-2021
You changed it before I could grab a gif...

Excuse Me GIFfrom Excuse Me GIFs

[Reply]
DaFace 04:10 PM 08-06-2021
Just got notice that my employer is moving to mandatory vaccinations to come into the office starting on Monday. We are still mostly working from home, so it won't impact people THAT much, but interesting to see them getting more strict about it.

FWIW, they're using the CLEAR app to verify. You scan your ID, take a photo of your face, and scan your vaccination card to verify. Then you just show it to whomever to have a validated confirmation. Pretty simple.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:58 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just got notice that my employer is moving to mandatory vaccinations to come into the office starting on Monday. We are still mostly working from home, so it won't impact people THAT much, but interesting to see them getting more strict about it.

FWIW, they're using the CLEAR app to verify. You scan your ID, take a photo of your face, and scan your vaccination card to verify. Then you just show it to whomever to have a validated confirmation. Pretty simple.
I just really hate having my info stored in someone's database, and there's no easy way to even access your data through Clear, much less delete it.

I do think a solution like that will need to be used and at least for you it's for work (for me it was just to get into a freakin Yotes game)... but, they could probably have some sort of validation that doesn't require storing all of your shit for you to never see again.
[Reply]
TLO 05:14 PM 08-06-2021

Covid is crazy..
Sounds like a good outcome, honestly.

The best outcome would be that they didn't catch it at all. But minor cold symptoms? I have minor cold symptoms due to allergies more days than not anyway.
[Reply]
Page 3616 of 3903
« First < 2616311635163566360636123613361436153616 3617361836193620362636663716 > Last »
Up