ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:07 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It would be nice if Veach could trade down from 31 and grab Forsythe in the second. Unlikely, though. Veach has never traded down in a draft.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:26 PM 04-09-2021
Spencer Brown has been working with Joe Staley... not a bad dude to work with...

My dude Spencer Brown had a day today at UNI Pro Day!! Ran a 4.88 40 at 6’8 310 Crazy agility numbers (4.34 SS and 6.96 3 cone)and put up 29 reps of 225 with almost 35 inch arms. He has gotten better every day of working together and can’t wait to see what he does in the league.

— Joe Staley (@jstaley74) March 23, 2021

Interesting article on him from Last Word on Sports (late 1st - early 2nd grade from them)

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/202...spencer-brown/
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:49 PM 04-09-2021
I love how they leave us off as a team with a need that he fits.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:52 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think without the injury, Niang might have been a 1st rounder last year, in a class that was arguably much better at the top than this one.

I'd definitely put him in the 1st round this year - the more I analyze this class, the more I'm convinced it's super deep but there isn't really blue chip quality at the top. Lots of question marks.
I'm convinced that Sewell and Darrisaw are blue-chip LTs.

Slater is kind of unknown on if he'll anchor well enough at LT but he probably gets a shot, but he's definitely a blue-chip guard prospect. The same goes for Vera-Tucker with being a blue-chipper at guard.

Dickerson is definitely a blue-chip guy at center.

Those are the only 5 I can say I'm confident in, and obviously only 2 as LTs.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:54 PM 04-09-2021
Per Google Search

According to Arrowhead Pride's Kent Swanson, the average arm length of a tackle for head coach Andy Reid is 34 1/4 inches. When comparing that to the top 20 tackles in this year's draft, only six meet or exceed that measurement. Arm length won't make or break a prospect, though, Mora said

Player Arm Length (inches)
Trent Williams 34.25
David Bakhtiari 34
Garett Bolles 34
DJ Humphries 33.63
Duane Brown 34.25
Andrew Whitworth 35
Terron Armstead 34.08
Tristan Wirfs 34
Michael Onwenu 34.34
Jack Conklin 35
Isaiah Wynn 33.38
Taylor Decker 33.75
Taylor Moton 34.13
Rob Havenstein 33.75
Dion Dawkins 35
Eric Fisher 34.5
Braden Smith 32.25

Average = 34.08 Median = 34.08
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:40 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Slater is kind of unknown on if he'll anchor well enough at LT but he probably gets a shot, but he's definitely a blue-chip guard prospect. The same goes for Vera-Tucker with being a blue-chipper at guard.

Somebody listened to the Simms podcast....
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:56 AM 04-10-2021
I went back and watched all the 1 on 1 reps from the Sr. Bowl.

-Alex Leatherwood: pass. Guy can’t handle speed and doesn’t finish.
-Spencer Brown: Scrappy, but some rushers can get under his pads because he is so tall, and he loses leverage easily. Torques defenders too readily and gets off balance.
-D’Ante Smith: Can get a bit overwhelmed with speed to power, but he mirrors well and fights to the whistle.
-Dillon Radunz: Easily the best performer - patient in his sets, his footwork is great, he absorbs bull rushes adequately and has heavy hands with his punch. Handled power and speed effectively.

Other quick observations:
- Royce Newman and David Moore were standouts on the interior. Moore absolutely stonewalled guys and made Basham Jr. look silly - by all accounts, Basham Jr. dominated the majority of his reps, but Moore just buried him. Newman handled both speed and power well. Meinerz was also great, but he often gives up initial depth only to re-anchor and eventually win. He needs to work on getting into his sets quicker and cleaner.

Radunz is my guy - if the Chiefs take him at 31 or later I feel he would be a great fit. His run game prowess was always known, but he has textbook patience and mirroring abilities in pass pro. Measurables be damned - some have concerns with his arm length and weight - this kid will have a long pro career.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Yep.

Darrisaw is right there on the line. He just needs a little development. Obviously, Sewell is the best prospect.

Like you said, Slater seems to be a lock to play LT but will likely be his best further inside.

Dickerson would definitely be a top center prospect in other years, sans the injury history. It's really unfortunate because it's such a huge red flag for a guy that would likely be one of the best center prospects in recent history.

So yeah, there's like 2 really great LT prospects in this draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I went back and watched all the 1 on 1 reps from the Sr. Bowl.

-Alex Leatherwood: pass. Guy can’t handle speed and doesn’t finish.
-Spencer Brown: Scrappy, but some rushers can get under his pads because he is so tall, and he loses leverage easily. Torques defenders too readily and gets off balance.
-D’Ante Smith: Can get a bit overwhelmed with speed to power, but he mirrors well and fights to the whistle.
-Dillon Radunz: Easily the best performer - patient in his sets, his footwork is great, he absorbs bull rushes adequately and has heavy hands with his punch. Handled power and speed effectively.

Other quick observations:
- Royce Newman and David Moore were standouts on the interior. Moore absolutely stonewalled guys and made Basham Jr. look silly - by all accounts, Basham Jr. dominated the majority of his reps, but Moore just buried him. Newman handled both speed and power well. Meinerz was also great, but he often gives up initial depth only to re-anchor and eventually win. He needs to work on getting into his sets quicker and cleaner.

Radunz is my guy - if the Chiefs take him at 31 or later I feel he would be a great fit. His run game prowess was always known, but he has textbook patience and mirroring abilities in pass pro. Measurables be damned - some have concerns with his arm length and weight - this kid will have a long pro career.
Radunz is definitely one of the more interesting prospects given what the Chiefs want/need.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:33 AM 04-10-2021
I will give staylor credit on the Florida tackle. He looks like a solid pass protector. But his big issue (he’s admitted) is his run blocking.

But we don’t require that consistently so we’re good.

Would still not like him to start this year unless absolutely necessary. I think he needs to bulk up.
[Reply]
In58men 11:45 AM 04-10-2021
Thoughts on Jalen Mayfield if he’s there @ 31?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:54 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Thoughts on Jalen Mayfield if he’s there @ 31?
Most people think Mayfield lacks the athleticism to play LT in the NFL. You will see him talked about as a RT or even a guard.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:57 AM 04-10-2021
I like Radunz, Brown, or Little at #63.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:13 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I like Radunz, Brown, or Little at #63.

I can live with Radunz at 31. I think he’s a great fit for KC. If not him, Little or Brown at 63 sound great.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:24 PM 04-10-2021
I just don’t see it with Radunz man, especially at 31. I think he’s a G at the end of the day.

Give me Little, Forsythe, or Brown somewhere in round 2 instead.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up