Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:05 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ending up Hating that pouty Karli
girl though.
Why?

There was nothing to hate about her because the showrunner didn't have anything for her to do but to be "the bad guy".

There wasn't any character development at all. We don't know about her parents or siblings or what led her to create this underground army of people that was concerned about repatriating 20 million people.

I mean, if you look at this scenario logically, displacing only 20 million people after 3.5 billion returned is a pretty damn good stat. Why kill people and risk your life over 20 million people that you don't even know?

The entire series was senseless and could be summed up in a 3 paragraph Wikipedia page. There is absolutely no compelling reason it to even exist, let alone, dump $150 million into.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:34 PM 04-24-2021
The fact she was a sock puppet for social justice is enough reason to hate her.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:33 PM 04-24-2021
I didn't hate this as bad as some of you. It was pretty badly fumbled, but I could sit through it to endure the good parts. There is talk that COVID made them shitcan some of the storyline. Hopefully that's true. This was pretty well a hamfisted mess, but if they stuck stuff in that should be on the editing room floor because they had to edit their story line, I can kind of see it. (at least I HOPE that's what happened)

Anyway, here's the way I see it.

The Good
Pretty much every non-fighting scene with Bucky. Stan did a really great job here. Mind you with not a ton to work with. The stuff he did emotionally dealing with his shit worked. He was charasmatic when he needed to be, which was great - with the old man, on the date, with Sam's nephews, flirting with Sam's sister (:-)). Especially his banter with Sam. I'm a pretty big Mackie fan and watch most everything he's in, but Stan really nailed this one. I need more jokes!

I really enjoyed Walker's redemption. Maybe I'm a heel and should have expected it, but I was expecting Sam/Bucky to have to fight him AND the flag smashers. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that. I'm kind of anxious to see if they can do something with JLD and him and make it work.

It's dumb, but I love GSP

The Meh
Sharon Carter. Meh. My wife was super pissed because she tarnished Peggy's name, but I was meh. I saw it coming. It was underdeveloped, didn't make a ton of sense. Emily VanCampen trips my trigger though. So, Meh.

The Social Justice stuff was pretty poorly done. There is probably a story to tell there, but damn it, do better than this. I mean, damn, man. Race relations are a thing. And Frankly I expected Green Book to be this, but it was great. It told a real feeling story, with real stakes, and real emotion. That is how you tell a race related story. And I like the idea of governments having problems after the blip, but the Star Wars Prequels could build more interesting political intrigue than this. There were some really good components there, but you have to do better than that man. If you're going to tackle something like that, you have to get it right.

The Bad

All the technical components sucked. Pacing, writing, editing, music (to the extent that I can speak on it) sucked.

There was pretty much no nuance anywhere except Sharon Carter and Bucky's guilt. The government went full retard in a way the MCU has avoided to date.

The Flagsmasher stuff was pretty much exclusively dumb. I get their movement. I can even hand wave the number of people they had and how easy they built a mob. Whatever. All of their motivations were transparently only to advance the the narrative. The book seasons of GOT were excellent showcases of having a story have independent moving pieces that interact to tell a story. This is the opposite of that. The Flagsmashers were merely an excuse to have Sam and Bucky do stuff. Dumb.

Moreover, they were supposed to be punk kids who took super soldier serum. But when Walker and Bucky who should be of comparative strength, they are magically technically and tactically sound fighters? Fuck off. In real life here, when someone doesn't know how to fight, they pretty much exclusively get their asses kicked by people who know how to fight. Bucky and Walker know how to fight. Both those dudes walk into a fight with these guys they're going to properly use spacing, technique and leverage and wax these dudes. Dumb.

Which leads me to the biggest disappointment of them all. Bucky's fights. Winter Soldier fight scenes are some of the best in the MCU. I know I've posted this before, but the fact that this guy was being sold as the same guy in this series is criminal. Bucky in the movies is fast, precise, and tactical. Bucky in the series just magically forgot how to fight and relies on brute strength. I encourage everyone to watch the clip I keep posting.

I'm even open to the argument that some of that was the Winter Soldier programming, but in this clip, he's Bucky, not the Winter Soldier, and he still moves, is fast, attacks angles, and his tactics are specifically to attack a weakness.

To me that is the biggest disappointment. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:30 AM 04-25-2021
Completely agree with the bucky fights. Biggest disappointment for me as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 AM 04-25-2021
Put me down for meh too. Underwhelming as fuck.$150 million for this? Don't feel a need or care to see more of this shit.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:02 AM 04-25-2021
This was pretty convincingly the "least good" thing the MCU has done to this point for me, and that includes Captain Marvel and probably Thor 2. Shame, too - they had a stacked cast and near unlimited funds for this project.

On to Loki.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:18 AM 04-25-2021
:-) :-) - apparently if you want a spoiler on Elaine Benes

Spoiler!

And the reason we know this is effing retarded

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:03 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Moreover, they were supposed to be punk kids who took super soldier serum. But when Walker and Bucky who should be of comparative strength, they are magically technically and tactically sound fighters? **** off. In real life here, when someone doesn't know how to fight, they pretty much exclusively get their asses kicked by people who know how to fight. Bucky and Walker know how to fight. Both those dudes walk into a fight with these guys they're going to properly use spacing, technique and leverage and wax these dudes. Dumb.
Yeah, I similarly had a problem with this. How is Karli walking away from a fight with super soldier Walker in that episode let alone winning it? Took me out of the episode for a moment.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04-25-2021, 12:35 PM
This message has been deleted by Pasta Little Brioni. Reason: ...
Pasta Little Brioni 12:36 PM 04-25-2021
Meh, but more entertaining than WV unfortunately

Also...

EVC > Alien Olsen triplet
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, I similarly had a problem with this. How is Karli walking away from a fight with super soldier Walker in that episode let alone winning it? Took me out of the episode for a moment.
Just one of the worst villains of all time.

Whoever wrote this crap should never be allowed to play in the MCU sandbox ever again.

We watch comic book movies to escape from this crap, not to have it shoved down our throats in about the most hamfisted way possible.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:16 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just one of the worst villains of all time.

Whoever wrote this crap should never be allowed to play in the MCU sandbox ever again.

We watch comic book movies to escape from this crap, not to have it shoved down our throats in about the most hamfisted way possible.
Yeah, she was dreadful. It legitimately took both Bucky and Sam’s full effort to take Walker down the previous episode but then she is suddenly able to do it with relative ease. Just silly.

I will say I really started disliking her in the end, although I’m pretty sure that’s not what the writers intended.
[Reply]
-King- 06:22 PM 04-25-2021
The fighting and action scenes overall were bad the whole series. Sam got his ass kicked in basically every fight he was in the whole series. The opening sequence in episode 1 was the best he looked all series even after he turned into Captain America. His whole progression made zero sense. I guess that fight was just to hook people into the show and he got nerfed after that.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:31 PM 04-25-2021

[Reply]
Bowser 08:44 PM 04-25-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:34 PM 04-25-2021

[Reply]
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up