ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 54
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:49 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by deadman:
Pat Mahomes is 2-4 in prime time games this season.
You've probably not watched KC very closely in those games...

#1. Against NE, the refs called ZERO penalties on the Pats at home....and it still took a walk off FG for them to win. In the recent NE/Steelers game they were flagged 14 times...so, yeah. Mahomes came out a little juiced and missed two walk in TDs in the 1st quarter. Chiefs could have run away with the game...

#2. Against the Rams, the refs called 10 penalties on the Chiefs in the first 15 minutes compared to zero on LA. I've never seen anything like it... Replay showed an obvious false start and a near strangulation on one of Goff's first TDs (on 3rd down)..they missed 2 fouls on that one play but were calling everything in sight against KC. Chiefs still battled back from a 13-0 score to take the lead.

#3 Against the Chargers, the Chiefs led the entire game except the final :08 seconds. The only reason they were able to score, in the final seconds, is because of a phantom PI on a play where not only the WR pushed off but the pass was thrown over his head and out of bounds. It was a horrible, horrible game clinching call.

It might sound hyperbolic to you...but the Chiefs could easily be 15-1. The officials played a major role in deciding all 3 close games...two of which were in the final :08 seconds or less.
[Reply]
EyePod 01:52 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

#1. Against NE, the refs called ZERO penalties on the Pats....and it still took a walk off FG for them to win. Mahomes came out a little juiced and missed two walk in TDs in the 1st quarter.

#2. Against the Rams, the refs called 10 penalties on the Chiefs in the first 15 minutes compared to zero on LA. Replay showed an obvious false start and a near strangulation on one of Goff's first TDs (on 3rd down)..they missed 2 fouls on that one play but were calling everything in sight against KC. Chiefs still battled back from a 13-0 score to take the lead.

#3 Against the Chargers, the Chiefs lead the entire game except the final :08 seconds. The only reason they were able to score, late, is because of a phantom PI on a play where not only the WR pushed off but the pass was thrown over his head and out of bounds. It was a horrible, horrible call.

It might sound hyperbolic to you...but the Chiefs could easily be 15-1.
I agree with you except for on #3 where we demolished Rivers and there was a non-call so I figure that it evened out. Both Chargers games came down to the wire this year. They are not a bad team.

But seriously, we've lost 4 games by an average of 3.5 points. 3, 3, 1, and 7. Crazy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:57 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
I agree with you except for on #3 where we demolished Rivers and there was a non-call so I figure that it evened out. Both Chargers games came down to the wire this year. They are not a bad team.

But seriously, we've lost 4 games by an average of 3.5 points. 3, 3, 1, and 7. Crazy.
The first Chargers game did not come down to the wire. They put up garbage time yards and points in the 4th quarter by dumping the ball to their RB every play. That game was never close.
[Reply]
deadman 01:57 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You are correct. I have not watched KC as closely as you and do not understand the flow of those games. I was pointing out a meaningless stat to counter another meaningless stat on Andrew Luck playing on the road.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:59 PM 01-08-2019
You are correct. I have not watched KC as closely as you and do not understand the flow of those games. I was pointing out a meaningless stat to counter another meaningless stat on Andrew Luck playing on the road.

Individual QB stats are not meaningless.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Because no one is expecting Mahomes to have a bad day. The real story is if the chiefs D can hold or limit the Colts a few times... that is the problem.
And I think this is where Hilton being injured really hurts. He hasn’t practiced in a month and, from what I’ve heard, may need surgery on his ankle after the season. He’s still playing and playing well, but he’s not at 100 percent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
It's not a meaningless stat when it's been proven that he plays worse in games played outside.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:01 PM 01-08-2019
For all the Mahomes jitters comments, I'll say this.

The Colts are a young team with a first time head coach with a second straight game on the road with an opponent they aren't familiar with.

A young team on the road in a hostile environment against an offense that applies pressure is a good way to watch players panic.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:02 PM 01-08-2019
Pat Mahomes is 2-4 in prime time games this season.
I wish you were an actual dead man
[Reply]
deadman 02:04 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I wish you were an actual dead man
Ha! :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 02:05 PM 01-08-2019
To further my point about being unfamiliar, there's a reason Watson got a ton of yards in their first matchup...
[Reply]
deadman 02:11 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
For all the Mahomes jitters comments, I'll say this.

The Colts are a young team with a first time head coach with a second straight game on the road with an opponent they aren't familiar with.

A young team on the road in a hostile environment against an offense that applies pressure is a good way to watch players panic.
Valid point. This is actually the Colts third game on the road. They played the Titans in, essentially, a playoff game to get in.

If the Colts season ended Saturday, we'd be disappointed but the season would still be a success. We were not supposed to be in the playoffs. We were not supposed to have a good team until next year. The Colts are playing loose with minimal pressure. It sounds like you guys have a lot of pressure to win a playoff game where we're just looking to beat the Chiefs. I don't know if that will have any impact at all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:12 PM 01-08-2019
Also so tired of the defensive argument, the best defenses playing this past weekend..lost.

Having the best defense means jack and shit these days.
Agreed.

But we do need to get some stops. We have also played the no punt game.

I’m really not worried about Mahomes. At all.

I have a monicum if worry about the OL. They truly shit the bed in the chargers loss.

Reid can do Reid things. Yep.

But overall the weak link remains the defense. However the bar is pretty low. Basic competency is enough. They don’t need to be the Ravens. But they may not do it.

EDIT: Fuck the Colts
[Reply]
deadman 02:12 PM 01-08-2019
To further my point about being unfamiliar, there's a reason Watson got a ton of yards in their first matchup...
Are you using this as an example of you being unfamiliar with the Colts?
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:14 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:

It still wouldn't have put them at the 1 yard line with :08 seconds left....so no, it didn't even out. I left out the insane red-zone DH on Sorenson (3rd down) for brevity..but that amounted to a 4 point swing. It was even worse than the final PI call..which is saying something.

Refs cost KC the Chargers game...100%.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 54
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up