ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 54
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:40 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
It's not going to be a cake walk. The Colts scheme very well and time their zone blitzes almost perfectly. If the oline can't pick up the pressure, its going to be a long day.
I'm more worried about the opposite scenario regarding the team's lines.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:40 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
If there's any argument for Kaepernick to be in the league, it's Derek ****ing Anderson. I'm not that big of a Kaep believer, but CMON!
yes that's why the :-) - Derek fucking Anderson comment from your original post.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:43 PM 01-08-2019
Bad and even average QB’s did really well against the Colts defense. Imagine what Mahomes will do.

Here's what those QBs did against the Colts defense in the regular season. pic.twitter.com/Yz39r5JHWa

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) January 7, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:43 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Don't ever go to a Colts forum...jesus christ.

They think they're going to win because Mahomes will have jitters.
I think he will....and that's ok. The Colts better hope that he has jitters all game long and never settles down. He's proven time and time again.....that never happens.
[Reply]
notorious 01:43 PM 01-08-2019
Don't ever go to a Colts forum...jesus christ.

They think they're going to win because Mahomes will have jitters.
Not much to base hope on unless you are reaching.
[Reply]
EyePod 01:44 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by EyePod:
You're not wrong.

Let's run through them.
  • Win at Denver - Chiefs were actually down 10 coming into the 4Q but Mahomes has drives of 95 and 75 yards for TDs. Defense has two stops (forced punt and turnover on downs).
  • Loss at New England - Chiefs didn't show up the first half but somehow tied it requiring NE to get a FG to win.
  • Win at home against Bengals. Chiefs put up 45.
  • Loss at St. Louis - Ridiculous scoring game and again, needed the Rams to score right at the end to win.
  • Loss at home to Chargers - Chiefs had the lead but gave it up on a last second TD and Chargers went for 2 for the win. Shitty flags, but they did miss a roughing the passer on Rivers too so it evened out. PS - this was the Chiefs ONLY home loss this season.
  • Loss at Seattle. Seattle played pretty well. Probably the Chiefs worst game overall this season. They lost by 7. This was also the Chiefs worst loss.

I'd also note that the Chiefs lowest scoring games all season were 27 (twice), and they did it against the #2 and #4 defenses (Baltimore and Denver, respectively). Colts had a ****ing double bagel at Jacksonville!
And in these games, Mahomes was 159/240, 2008 yards, 20 TDs to 6 INTS.

Of note - 2 of the losses has 2 and 3 INTs and 2 had 0.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:44 PM 01-08-2019
It's not going to be a cake walk. The Colts scheme very well and time their zone blitzes almost perfectly. If the oline can't pick up the pressure, its going to be a long day.
Yeah the Steelers, Ravens, Jags, etc. were all going to blitz and confuse him.....

Mahomes is going to shred them.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:45 PM 01-08-2019
Also so tired of the defensive argument, the best defenses playing this past weekend..lost.

Having the best defense means jack and shit these days.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:45 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm more worried about the opposite scenario regarding the team's lines.
I'll take Ford/Houston/Jones over Watt/Clowney/Mercilus on 3rd downs any day.
[Reply]
EyePod 01:45 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bad and even average QB’s did really well against the Colts defense. Imagine what Mahomes will do.

LOL Derek Anderson did not have a good day.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:45 PM 01-08-2019
I can't wait until Saturday
[Reply]
EyePod 01:46 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I think he will....and that's ok. The Colts better hope that he has jitters all game long and never settles down. He's proven time and time again.....that never happens.
It's good that he's played in 6 primetime games this year. He was SUPER shitty the first half of NE only to be lights out. I think that's been the biggest difference with Mahomes, we've never had a complete egg from him.
[Reply]
EyePod 01:47 PM 01-08-2019
I'll take Ford/Houston/Jones over Watt/Clowney/Mercilus on 3rd downs any day.
I mean, I love Houston and Ford but I do not think I can agree with you on this one. Maybe there's a salary cap reasoning that would make sense, but I think that the Texan's d-line is still objectively better, even though ours is not bad (it's our LBs that have been sub-par this year).
[Reply]
EyePod 01:48 PM 01-08-2019
Also so tired of the defensive argument, the best defenses playing this past weekend..lost.

Having the best defense means jack and shit these days.
Right? I think you want to have a good enough defense. And ours, we let other teams score slowly against us. And that works for us. We have a middle of the road pass defense and awful run defense. But it works.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:48 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Yeah the Steelers, Ravens, Jags, etc. were all going to blitz and confuse him.....

Mahomes is going to shred them.
Well those are all different types of schemes. I'm sure they will be fine, just some of the packages Eberflus put together in the Texans game was quite impressive.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 54
« First < 364243444546 47484950 > Last »
Up