ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 27
« First < 131920212223 24252627 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Juju to Patriots
RunKC 12:59 PM 03-15-2023

Breaking: FA WR JuJu Smith-Schuster is signing with the #Patriots , sources tell @theScore

Only 26 years old, the 2018 Pro Bowler comes off a strong season for the #Chiefs, with 78/933/3.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 15, 2023

3 years $33 million.
[Reply]
jettio 09:57 AM 03-16-2023
So Pats host Chiefs and Eagles next year and play Steelers on road, so JuJu will have a couple reunion games in 2023.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:50 AM 06-14-2023
Well we have our answer as to why Veach didn’t want him here even at that team friendly contract that New England gave him.

Smith-Schuster dealing with lingering knee injury https://t.co/f8GzGtccXK

— NBC Sports EDGE Football (@NBCSEdgeFB) June 14, 2023

Damn dude. It’s been 4 months since the SB and your knee is still a problem? Perhaps he should have surgery if this is this big of an issue.

Well done Brett.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:52 AM 06-14-2023
Dude had to get his knee drained multiple times last season. It was obvious as hell he was not getting extended.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well we have our answer as to why Veach didn’t want him here even at that team friendly contract that New England gave him.

Damn dude. It’s been 4 months since the SB and your knee is still a problem? Perhaps he should have surgery if this is this big of an issue.

Well done Brett.
The knee is chronic. I feel like everyone closely associated with JJSS realized that.

Maybe the Patriots should've had their training department actually take a look at a few things.

That knee will NEVER be truly 'right'. He'll fight this the remainder of his fairly short career. I don't think he's in the league in 3 seasons.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:00 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The knee is chronic. I feel like everyone closely associated with JJSS realized that.

Maybe the Patriots should've had their training department actually take a look at a few things.

That knee will NEVER be truly 'right'. He'll fight this the remainder of his fairly short career. I don't think he's in the league in 3 seasons.
We’ve seen this with Maclin, and even Steve Breaston. It sucks. But it makes sense why you wouldn’t want him on a deal any longer than a year
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:00 AM 06-14-2023

It was talked about several times that he had to get it drained to play in PITT nearly every week. And people act like its a shock.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:01 AM 06-14-2023
The Pats are dumb. They should've just re-signed Jakobi Meyers for a little more money.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 06-14-2023
The Pats are flailing around without a franchise QB. Same as every other team without a QB does.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:04 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Pats are flailing around without a franchise QB. Same as every other team without a QB does.
Yea, but they're still making some very weird decisions.

Meyers is younger, healthier, and probably a better player at this point, and still didn't cost THAT much more.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Pats are dumb. They should've just re-signed Jakobi Meyers for a little more money.
Exactly.

Meyers isn't exactly an iron man but he's not someone with a chronic issue. And he operates in the same spaces/methods that JJSS does. He came up in the organization and understands the system.

There's just no reason to move on from a reliable possession receiver to go sign a LESS reliable possession receiver who has a knee that simply won't ever be better.

And again, the reason they did it is because a half-decade ago the guy was healthy and productive over EXTREMELY high value. Since then he's just been injury prone and very inefficient.

We lost nothing. The Patriots gained nothing.
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 AM 06-14-2023
Yea, but they're still making some very weird decisions.

Meyers is younger, healthier, and probably a better player at this point, and still didn't cost THAT much more.
Oh they absolutely should have kept him, but again, Bill thinks he can outsmart everyone.

It's whatevs. Good for us.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:06 AM 06-14-2023
Exactly.

Meyers isn't exactly an iron man but he's not someone with a chronic issue. And he operates in the same spaces/methods that JJSS does. He came up in the organization and understands the system.

There's just no reason to move on from a reliable possession receiver to go sign a LESS reliable possession receiver who has a knee that simply won't ever be better.

And again, the reason they did it is because a half-decade ago the guy was healthy and productive over EXTREMELY high value. Since then he's just been injury prone and very inefficient.

We lost nothing. The Patriots gained nothing.
Which makes this quote sound even worse.

Originally Posted by :
"Remember, he spoke on how challenging this playbook is to learn."
They gave up on a guy who already knew the playbook for one who was coming in with no knowledge and knee issues.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 09:10 AM 06-14-2023
momentum gaining between Pats and Hopkins coming to a deal…per Jeff Howe
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 06-14-2023

I wonder if surgery isn’t gonna mostly fix this? He had the knee drained but it sure seems like he needs full on surgery and rehab to make the best of his knee moving forward. Who knows.

I agree that this will probably be his last contract unless he can somehow push through, but it’s not gonna get better with age and wear and tear.

It was smart to let him walk.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 06-14-2023
He was a fungible vet. I will never understand the want to resign the guy here. There's guys like him in the draft and on the market every year.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 27
« First < 131920212223 24252627 >
Up