ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Bowser 08:13 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
It's a nice area out in the country, nothing like Houston. What a difference 40 miles makes.
On a side note, I woke up to -6 and we are in theory going to get above zero for the first time in weeks. The only downside is the wind is going to be blowing a bit and the wind chill is going to be -25.
Are you in KC right now? Because that sounds exactly like KC right now, minus the part where we get above 0.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:21 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

look at their NWS page

https://www.weather.gov/hgx/

[Reply]
notorious 07:08 PM 02-14-2021
Oh fuck. There's not a damn thing you can do.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:51 PM 02-14-2021

This is the fridge/freezer in my kitchen...just for reference it will be 18 degrees colder outside Monday morning than it will be in my freezer. #stupidcold @FOX9 pic.twitter.com/Rc5kVoiq2b

— ian leonard (@ian_leonard) February 15, 2021

[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:57 PM 02-14-2021
-8 in Omaha. Down a car battery, head light and had to rap on the starter with a small shoe hammer this afternoon.
Cant wait to get the natural gas bill for this.. 400 or better I bet.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:03 PM 02-14-2021
LOL! Not NEARLY that cold here in BR, LA. However, 22 - 18 degrees and frozen (ice) streets mean that yours truly gets called into the hospital tonight through Wednesday! Code GRAY! :-) and on Valentines Day! Managed to have a nice grilled filet mignon with twice baked potatoes and grilled asparagus with the wife before I have to leave @ 9:00pm tonight.

Hanker in and stay warm CPers!
[Reply]
alanm 08:09 PM 02-14-2021
-17 below at the moment and it's only a little after 7pm. :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:12 PM 02-14-2021
Feels like -15 in SWMO
[Reply]
Pablo 09:26 PM 02-14-2021
Let the dogs out and got a burst of air into my nostrils. Snot started to seize up instantly. That's how you know it's cold.

Said -25 wind chill and that seems right.
[Reply]
Munson 09:41 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Let the dogs out and got a burst of air into my nostrils. Snot started to seize up instantly. That's how you know it's cold.

That happened to me several times at work yesterday. I could feel the moisture inside my nose start to freeze. Its a very strange sensation.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:43 PM 02-14-2021

I took the trash out barefoot and in shorts earlier, my garage door was popping and creaking like I've never heard before.

Oof
[Reply]
vailpass 10:22 PM 02-14-2021

Hell no.
[Reply]
srvy 04:58 PM 02-15-2021

Ive used these for outdoor work for a while now they work perfectly. The lighter the more active you are. They have many thicknesses. I use the thinnest they make when doing walking of heavy physical activity and a heavy one on times as a survey instrument operator where I might be over a tripod and instrument for hours. Before it was frozen snot and ice beards
:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:03 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:

Ive used these for outdoor work for a while now they work perfectly. The lighter the more active you are. They have many thicknesses. I use the thinnest they make when doing walking of heavy physical activity and a heavy one on times as a survey instrument operator where I might be over a tripod and instrument for hours. Before it was frozen snot and ice beards
:-)
And even if its not that warm, you're still gonna look like a badass wearing it
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:12 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:

Ive used these for outdoor work for a while now they work perfectly. The lighter the more active you are. They have many thicknesses. I use the thinnest they make when doing walking of heavy physical activity and a heavy one on times as a survey instrument operator where I might be over a tripod and instrument for hours. Before it was frozen snot and ice beards :-)
The brand I bought was Seirus from Dick's and it's pretty amazing... I use it while driving around on an ATV in the snow and don't even notice the cold.

Granted, -25 wind chill might be a different story.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up