ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 78
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:07 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Holy shit, you could watch 8 football games and a home playoff loss for that price.
:-)

If they paid $159 per person for 12 visits, it would cost more than $5,700 dollars, so the Deluxe Pass is definitely a bargain in comparison.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 05:15 PM 01-21-2018
The wife and I bought the Platinum Annual Passes for a total of $1600 for both. No blockout dates, free parking, discounts on all merchandise and most food. It paid for itself in about three months. We just got back from the Art Festival at EPCOT, it was pretty neat.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:31 PM 01-21-2018
sorry haven't read this thread all the way thru . but have any of you gone on the AVATAR ride(s) yet? When they opened early last year , I read the lines were up to 3 hours long. Just wondering if they were cool or not cause I am planning on a trip sometime in the Spring
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:04 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
sorry haven't read this thread all the way thru . but have any of you gone on the AVATAR ride(s) yet? When they opened early last year , I read the lines were up to 3 hours long. Just wondering if they were cool or not cause I am planning on a trip sometime in the Spring
I rode it last summer. The one with the large 3D movie screen. Its a very cool ride. I used a fast pass though, so only waited about 25 minutes.

Didnt ride the river/water ride.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:06 PM 01-21-2018
yep 3 hour wait. 4 hour wait at peak times is what I've heard from people who went to Disney this fall after school stArted.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:18 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I rode it last summer. The one with the large 3D movie screen. Its a very cool ride. I used a fast pass though, so only waited about 25 minutes.

Didnt ride the river/water ride.
if you are a visitor and or going only once, you have to spend the money and get the fast pass or you don't get ride all the rides you really want.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:20 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
if you are a visitor and or going only once, you have to spend the money and get the fast pass or you don't get ride all the rides you really want.
Yep absolutely. I stayed 1 night on Disney property just so i could book fast passes 60 days in advance. The rest of the week we stayed in a timeshare off property.
[Reply]
Silock 10:25 PM 01-22-2018
Leaving to go there for 10 days on Friday.

Have a Flight of Passage FP on 4 different days. I'll let you know.

Also, you can always check wait times on the MyDisneyExperience app.
[Reply]
Silock 10:26 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yep absolutely. I stayed 1 night on Disney property just so i could book fast passes 60 days in advance. The rest of the week we stayed in a timeshare off property.
Get yoself a campsite. $50 a night, and you only need one every other day for 60 day FP access AND extra magic hours (counts the day you check in and the day you check out).
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:27 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
The wife and I bought the Platinum Annual Passes for a total of $1600 for both. No blockout dates, free parking, discounts on all merchandise and most food. It paid for itself in about three months. We just got back from the Art Festival at EPCOT, it was pretty neat.
Free Parking? HA!
[Reply]
Silock 10:30 PM 01-22-2018
FastPasses don't cost extra money.

Unless you're doing the experimental program of staying in Club Level and getting 90 day FP access and 3 more picks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:56 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by Silock:
FastPasses don't cost extra money.

Unless you're doing the experimental program of staying in Club Level and getting 90 day FP access and 3 more picks.
you have to spend money someway at Disney to get 60 days out to pick the best times and plan your day to see and do as much as possible.
[Reply]
007 12:38 AM 01-23-2018
you have to spend money someway at Disney to get 60 days out to pick the best times and plan your day to see and do as much as possible.
That is where they have kind of ruined the experience for people that might go there on a whim. Hell, I would have to imagine that season pass holders are a little peeved over it as well.
[Reply]
Silock 10:18 AM 01-23-2018
Kinda, but you can get FastPasses at 30 days without staying on property.
[Reply]
Silock 10:20 AM 01-23-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
That is where they have kind of ruined the experience for people that might go there on a whim. Hell, I would have to imagine that season pass holders are a little peeved over it as well.
This is true. And my main complaint with the new system. I've been planning for a year. But at least once we are actually there, we don't have to do a ton of planning. We can kinda just go with what we planned. The only thing that throws a kink in that is if someone gets sick or the weather doesn't cooperate. That makes it hard to change things on the fly.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 78
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571 > Last »
Up