ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 258
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Urc Burry 11:13 AM 03-10-2023
Some need to relax on the panicking about the cap space.

No you don’t want to overpay an average LT. But worrying about Creed and others is nonsense

OTC projects next years cap at 256 mil. A 30+ increase. And 2025 at 280+.

If Mahomes remains cool with his contract. Which for the short term I think he will. Then we are sitting pretty, and can splurge for the right player
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:20 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
That's too much money to invest on a RT. Creed will need a contract soon.

Generally speaking, it makes a lot more sense to invest at RT than C. Taylor at RT would mean they see him as an ascending player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BossChief 11:21 AM 03-10-2023
Players get offered what the free market dictates.

If they haven’t proven themselves to consistently play at the level teams need them at, but the player wants a long term deal…teams will backload the deal so it makes sense for both sides.

Also, a lot of “back loaded deals” may also include a signing bonus that can be spread over multiple years for cap reasons, and gets a big check in the players bank account.

Gotta find the right fit for the team and player to get a deal done.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:21 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I'll never understand why players agree to back loaded contracts

majority of those will never get completed, they will get cut first it seems

front load those things
All players care about is guaranteed money. It doesn't matter if it's front loaded or back loaded.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:23 AM 03-10-2023
Why are people worried about Creed and Trey Smith's contracts? By the time they're up for new deals, the team can get out of Thuney's contract. You'll also have Kelce who will be 36 and probably willing to rework his $19 million dollar cap hit.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:28 AM 03-10-2023
We need to get used to the fact we are going to lose a couple players just about every year that we don’t want to lose. It’s part of having a thriving system of success.

It sucks to lose a Thornhill or a Hardman…but then a similar or even better player comes in and we quickly forget about the last guy because the team keeps winning.

I mean…we moved on from a HOF WR and didn’t skip a beat.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:32 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why are people worried about Creed and Trey Smith's contracts? By the time they're up for new deals, the team can get out of Thuney's contract. You'll also have Kelce who will be 36 and probably willing to rework his $19 million dollar cap hit.
Or, and I'm not saying this will happen, but Travis might be retired at 36. 2022 by his own admission, was the toughest year for him physically/mentally. He's still playing at a prime level, but he's a lot closer to the end of his prime than the beginning at this point. And apparently, he's begun asking himself 'how much longer can I do this?'

And it looks like his workload will only go up or at least remain at this high level for the next two or more years. There's not let-off in the near future.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:46 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Athis:
Wow... Didn't see that coming..
I think cap is an issue in Minny
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:52 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Or, and I'm not saying this will happen, but Travis might be retired at 36. 2022 by his own admission, was the toughest year for him physically/mentally. He's still playing at a prime level, but he's a lot closer to the end of his prime than the beginning at this point. And apparently, he's begun asking himself 'how much longer can I do this?'

And it looks like his workload will only go up or at least remain at this high level for the next two or more years. There's not let-off in the near future.
It’s gonna be a sad sad fucking day when Kelce hangs em up. Might be the one that affects me more than any other to this point. DT dying aside! That legit shook me. I was just mad at Gonzo when he left. Kelce is the Kansas City King!!
[Reply]
Balto 12:00 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I think Kelce and Pat have talked about ending as the two best at their position ever.

I think Kelce will go after Tony's records.

Receiving Yards:
Tony-15,127
Kelce-10,344

Receptions:
Tony-1,325
Kelce-814

Touchdowns:
Tony-111(Gates has 116 btw)
Kelce-69

Guys like Tony, Gates and Witten that are basically 1, 2 and 3 in all time stats played Tony(270 games), Witten(271 games) and Gates(236 games). Kelce has played 144 games. So even 5 more season only puts Kelce at about 229 games. Lets role with that number.

If Kelce plays for just 5 more years he will need to average about 957 yards, 103 catches and 9 TDs.

IF he plays 6 more years for total games played 246, he will need to average about 798 yards, 85 catches and 7 TDs to pass Tony.

I think with a couple more elite years Kelce will try to hold on to pass Tony.

JUST for fun...If Kelce plays the same amount of games Tony did(270). Kelce would need to average 38 yards per game to pass Tony, 4 catches per game and 1 TD per game.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:06 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I think Kelce and Pat have talked about ending as the two best at their position ever.

Receiving Yards:
Tony-15,127
Kelce-10,344

Receptions:
Tony-1,325
Kelce-814

Touchdowns:
Kelce-69

Guys like Tony, Gates and Witten that are basically 1, 2 and 3 in all time stats played Tony(270 games), Witten(271 games) and Gates(236 games). Kelce has played 144 games. So even 5 more season only puts Kelce at about 229 games. Lets role with that number.

If Kelce plays for just 5 more years he will need to average about 957 yards, 103 catches and 9 TDs.

IF he plays 6 more years for total games played 246, he will need to average about 798 yards, 85 catches and 7 TDs to pass Tony.

I can see catches and yards. TDs might be too big of a mountain to overcome.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:13 PM 03-10-2023
Kelce has two out of three SB rings. No tears cried here
Joy
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:14 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:

Receiving Yards:
Tony-15,127
Kelce-10,344

Receptions:
Tony-1,325
Kelce-814

Touchdowns:
Kelce-69

Yards and TDs might be a stretch. That's just a lot.

And five years is a long time. People like to say that Travis has been healthy his whole career, but the man has had ten surgeries. 3 on his right shoulder alone. I think if he plays 4 more years at his current pace (okay, probably that's a stretch as well, but three is probable), that might be pretty much it for him.

Don't get me wrong, I love him, and I want him to play for 6-7 more years. I can't imagine what the Chiefs will look like without him, but I know it won't be the same, at all.

But he gets more attention and takes more punishment than maybe the rest of the receivers combined, and that's adding up. The receipts are coming due.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 03-10-2023
Kelce would need to stay on his current pace for another 4 years. That shit isn't happening....it's just reality.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:25 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I think Minny has a Kirko Chainz-sized albatross around the franchise’s neck.
FYP.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 258
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up