ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1261 of 3903
« First < 26176111611211125112571258125912601261 126212631264126512711311136117612261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:23 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
While it is early and not something I would have said I think everyone expects a second wave in the fall This isn’t going to magically disappear especially if we open international travel back up
It doesn't have to disappear, thats now how any of these virus situations have ever subsided. H1N1 isn't gone.

The population develops immunity, treatment becomes identified, and a vaccine is develop for those not immune.

Its never taken 6 months for these things to happen in modern medicine.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:24 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Levelling off hopefully and nice big drop next week would be nice.
There is just a sad reality to all of this. Yes, hopefully next week drops. But we are going to face that crux at some point that the people who are going to die from this are going to die and the rest of us are going to go on OR this is going to wipe out an ass load of us. Most likely the former but it's not a pleasant thought even though it is the reality.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:26 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
While it is early and not something I would have said I think everyone expects a second wave in the fall This isn’t going to magically disappear especially if we open international travel back up
This virus is not going to magically disappear. Well, okay, maybe but very unlikely. This is here to stay until we either adapt and become immune to it or we find effective treatments and hopefully vaccines. Even then it won't be gone.

Not getting political but I'd love to shove a nuke up China's ass right now. Not that it would fix anything but it would make me feel a lot better for a few minutes.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:27 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Santa Clara said they won’t be having big crowds til after thanksgiving

So the 9ers either won’t have home games or ....
If I was a tax-paying citizen or a business owner in Santa Clara, I’d demand to know the models/statistical projections they are basing this outlandish statement on.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:27 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In NY? Close question.

There's now a cry to 'find a middle ground' but it sure would've been nice if we'd have actually tried before we burned 6 weeks. And no, not every building was on fire. You shut down 8-10 major choke-points and I wouldn't have said boo. I still ultimately think that CA jumped early but as a point of comparison (near and long term) they'd be a useful datapoint.
If preventative measures work you immediately get howls that you didn't need to take any measure.

Is it just perhaps possible like maybe, even if we won't ever know for sure but...

Maybe CA hospitals, unlike NY, didn't get overwhelmed because CA jumped early and NY didn't ?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:28 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It doesn't have to disappear, thats now how any of these virus situations have ever subsided. H1N1 isn't gone.

The population develops immunity, treatment becomes identified, and a vaccine is develop for those not immune.

This thing is here to stay. Our best hope is to develop methods to treat it and deal with it.

Thanks to a bunch of weird fuckers that want to eat bats and peacock lizards or whatever the fuck they are.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:29 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If preventative measures work you immediately get howls that you didn't need to take any measure.

Is it just perhaps possible like maybe, even if we won't ever know for sure but...

Maybe CA hospitals, unlike NY, didn't get overwhelmed because CA jumped early and NY didn't ?
And CA is nothing like NY save maybe parts of northern CA? I mean who the fuck takes a subway in LA? They are spread out like we are here in KC for the most part.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
This virus is not going to magically disappear. Well, okay, maybe but very unlikely. This is here to stay until we either adapt and become immune to it or we find effective treatments and hopefully vaccines. Even then it won't be gone.

Not getting political but I'd love to shove a nuke up China's ass right now. Not that it would fix anything but it would make me feel a lot better for a few minutes.
The people didn’t do anything in China. The government on the other hand...
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:30 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

There are dozens of variables, but I think one of the biggest differences is the layout of the largest city. NYC uses subways and has people in high rises. LA is more of a vehicle commute and homes.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:31 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The people didn’t do anything in China. The government on the other hand...
The people are the ones eating this shit that started this in the first fucking place.

Now, I agree the government hid and lied about it but it was the people and their weird "delicacies" that started this shit with their wet markets.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:33 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
There are dozens of variables, but I think one of the biggest differences is the layout of the largest city. NYC uses subways and has people in high rises. LA is more of a vehicle commute and homes.
Exactly. You can't live in NY without touching something literally thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people are touching every day. Subway rails and turn styles Bus seats. Cabs. Front doors to apartment buildings.
[Reply]
JakeLV 08:35 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
With outpatient visits at a minimum they must be fighting for work .
We had some internal memos discussing 60-75% of normal case load for rads during this time a few weeks ago. Not sure what the estimates are now, but first and second year residents are gonna have it rough for a bit.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:36 PM 04-08-2020

I agree with this.

The CoronaVirus is not going anywhere. It's going to keep trying to spread and find new hosts. That's what a virus does. I know it isn't 'living' but its genetic code tells it to keep trying to spread. Right now we are essentially hiding from it. Once we ease social distancing we are still going to have to be very careful so it doesn't find new hosts and spread again. We can't just expect to go back to how we used to live right away. It's going to take time.

Dr Fauci hinted at this today, that USA isn't going to be like how it is today once the peak is over and the deaths/new cases start to go down and continue to go down. But until a vaccine comes out USA is definitely going to be very different then what it was pre-CoronaVirus.

How different I have no idea. Hopefully it isn't that bad cause this shit sucks...
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 PM 04-08-2020
The people are the ones eating this shit that started this in the first ****ing place.

Now, I agree the government hid and lied about it but it was the people and their weird "delicacies" that started this shit with their wet markets.
I grew up in northern Arkansas/southern Missouri. People eat possums.

I’m skeptical this came from someone eating a bat but that’s neither here nor there
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:39 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Sure but we most likely aren't getting a vaccine until 2021 if we get one at all. I think we will though.

I just can't see 80,000 fans at Arrowhead this fall because of the chance that there is one or more asymptomatic people that has it which will infect thousands. Once that happens KC will have to go back into lockdown.

This is still a deadly highly communicable virus.
[Reply]
Page 1261 of 3903
« First < 26176111611211125112571258125912601261 126212631264126512711311136117612261 > Last »
Up