ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 40
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
KChiefs1 10:02 AM 06-13-2021
I thought Arenado would put the Cards over the top this season.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:13 AM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I thought Arenado would put the Cards over the top this season.
When you have four starting pitchers out for significant parts of the season, Babe Ruth couldn't fix this team.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 06-13-2021
Don’t panic and trade away more bats

They’ve shown they can develop some starting pitching
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:27 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Don’t panic and trade away more bats

They’ve shown they can develop some starting pitching
we have a lack of talent. We are not one pitcher away from a World Series. Anyone trading a worthy piece with us is going to demand Gorman +. We need Gorman for 6 years, not a starting pitcher rental.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:15 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
What's this gonna make it, 0-6 vs the Cubs on the year?
I wish, but no. You guys did win one game in St. Louis so you're 1-5.

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
we have a lack of talent. We are not one pitcher away from a World Series. Anyone trading a worthy piece with us is going to demand Gorman +. We need Gorman for 6 years, not a starting pitcher rental.
I believe I said it when you guys got Arenado that I didn't think he made your team a winner. The Cardinals looked a lot like what I've been watching for the last 3 years, a couple decent bats in the middle of the lineup and 1 quality pitcher surrounded by a whole bunch of question marks.

Looking at Arenado's contract I don't believe he'll opt out but I don't think he was too happy with the Rockies and if the Cardinals don't make moves to improve the team he just might opt out.

Weren't there a couple deals involving Carlson a couple years ago that seemed pretty good but you were like no he's untouchable? Would you make those trades today if they were offered? He's not a good defender and he's looking like a league average bat.

The Cubs traded a better prospect than anything you have for a rental closer to win a WS and I wouldn't take it back.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The Cubs traded a better prospect than anything you have for a rental closer to win a WS and I wouldn't take it back.
Not apples to apples.

You had several top prospects already playing at a high level. Giving up 1 of 6 top prospects that were already playing at Wrigley to win a WS for the first time in 100+ years was a move any team would have made.

Gorman is the only player we have that could possibly be at a Bryant/Baez/Rizzo level. We need more of those, not trade away the only one we have currently.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:33 AM 06-14-2021
Not apples to apples.

You had several top prospects already playing at a high level. Giving up 1 of 6 top prospects that were already playing at Wrigley to win a WS for the first time in 100+ years was a move any team would have made.

Gorman is the only player we have that could possibly be at a Bryant/Baez/Rizzo level. We need more of those, not trade away the only one we have currently.
Isn't/wasnt Carlson a higher rated prospect?

I don't think Arenado is going to hang around through 2 opt outs hoping a guy in AA is the difference maker. He might stick around this offseason on the promise that the Cardinals make moves because this FA is pretty loaded, but they better actually make the moves.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:02 PM 06-13-2021
What's this gonna make it, 0-6 vs the Cubs on the year?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:31 PM 06-14-2021
Bunch of mental midgets on this team. Carlson not sliding like an idiot cost them the tying run.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Bunch of mental midgets on this team. Carlson not sliding like an idiot cost them the tying run.
why should they play sharp baseball? Management allowed Carp to continue to have AB’s for 2 ****ing years hitting <.100.

The players that give them the best chance to win are not on the field. Talk about sending the wrong message. Why play your best when management doesn’t care if the best team is on the field?
[Reply]
Marco Polo 09:11 PM 06-14-2021
We might actually win one tonight.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
We might actually win one tonight.
At least this year we are beating the teams that we should beat. But..... we cant beat or hang with the good teams consistently. Way too much talent discrepancy between us and those top teams.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:03 PM 06-15-2021
So Waino is the first to admit to using a foreign substance in 2019. He goes public because there is physical evidence he paid the guy for “kale”. Now he’s singing to MLB about the pitchers he supplied the substance too. Your busted. You confess. That doesn’t make Waino a “stand up” guy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:06 PM 06-15-2021
So Waino is the first to admit to using a foreign substance in 2019. He goes public because there is physical evidence he paid the guy for “kale”. Now he’s singing to MLB about the pitchers he supplied the substance too. Your busted. You confess. That doesn’t make Waino a “stand up” guy.
I dont think its particularly stand up of him but I tell you it makes me think if Waino was doing it, everyone is doing it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:11 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I dont think its particularly stand up of him but I tell you it makes me think if Waino was doing it, everyone is doing it.
the manager was calling him brave and a stand up guy for confessing publicly. He had no choice. The guy who got busted and is singing has the records of payment from Waino’s verified personal account. MLB has the evidence.

Waino has always had one of the best curve balls. If he’s doing it to keep up with the rest of the pitchers, you know it was widespread on all clubs.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 40
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up