ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 95
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
DaFace 10:16 PM 05-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Husso has just been shattered ass out there, man.

I really have no idea how they can advance. Husso's given me no indication in this series that he's capable of even putting up a .910 sv% right now. If they get 30 shots on net, they'll score 5.

And the Blues cannot score with Colorado.

Just incredibly tough sledding ahead and a lot fewer pathways forward for STL than there are for Colorado.
It's funny being in a place that's (relatively) cordial between the two fanbases. Meanwhile, Avs fans are just hoping Kuemper doesn't melt down two more times.

(It wasn't ALL him, but it was a lot him.)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 10:42 PM 05-26-2022
McDavid vs. MacKinnon?
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:54 PM 05-26-2022
Damn shame that one of those 2 teams is going to advance and one of the two in this series won't.

This really should have been the WCF. These are the two best teams in the West, IMO. And I don't even think it's that close.
The Flames are not one of the two best teams in the west. They choked, had no heart and never could recover. However, that goal should have counted.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:04 PM 05-26-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's funny being in a place that's (relatively) cordial between the two fanbases. Meanwhile, Avs fans are just hoping Kuemper doesn't melt down two more times.

(It wasn't ALL him, but it was a lot him.)
I came into these playoffs considering that Avs as prohibitive favorites. And they'll still make the Cup finals.

But man - Kuemper has been baaaaaaaad. He's been almost as bad as Husso.

This is, at worst, a 3-2 Blues lead in this series but/for the Binnington injury and Kuemper is the SOLE reason for that. I've seen 6-8 goals so far in this series that just should not have gotten through.

I really don't understand it. I haven't watched him play as much as you but I've seen him play a little and anytime I have he hasn't been this kind of awful. Has he had stretches like he's having now during the season?

Because at this point if I'm St. Louis I just keep throwing rubber at him any chance I get. They don't need a quality scoring chance to get on the board.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:08 PM 05-26-2022
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
McDavid vs. MacKinnon?
McRib vs McNuggets
[Reply]
Monticore 04:45 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
McRib vs McNuggets
McJesus and Draistl vs The avs/blues , all they have to do is stop 2 guys guys .
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:05 AM 05-27-2022
Was funny watching the Avs media completely turn on the team yesterday. You'd think they were down 3-0 in the series.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:12 AM 05-27-2022
I came into these playoffs considering that Avs as prohibitive favorites. And they'll still make the Cup finals.

This is, at worst, a 3-2 Blues lead in this series but/for the Binnington injury and Kuemper is the SOLE reason for that. I've seen 6-8 goals so far in this series that just should not have gotten through.

I really don't understand it. I haven't watched him play as much as you but I've seen him play a little and anytime I have he hasn't been this kind of awful. Has he had stretches like he's having now during the season?

Because at this point if I'm St. Louis I just keep throwing rubber at him any chance I get. They don't need a quality scoring chance to get on the board.
I'd say Kuemper is a large reason for it, but I'm seeing some big stretches oout of this Avs team that suggests they've been reading their own national press clippings after the regular season/Nashville beatdown.

And I'm with you, I think we have a chance to close it out tonight at home if not for the Binnington injury.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:09 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'd say Kuemper is a large reason for it, but I'm seeing some big stretches oout of this Avs team that suggests they've been reading their own national press clippings after the regular season/Nashville beatdown.

And I'm with you, I think we have a chance to close it out tonight at home if not for the Binnington injury.
Kuemper let in 4 goals on his final 10 shots of the last game. Was the rest of the team perfect? Obviously not. But I'm not sure what else they could reasonably be expected to do there, press clippings or not.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:18 AM 05-27-2022

This certainly seems worse than we saw in the regular season - or at least most of it. Not sure if there are any sites out there that let you see SV% by month, but I'd bet he was .900 or better for each month of the season. He's hanging onto that for the playoffs by a thread (.904), but the last two games have been really iffy.

It feels like a slump to me, and he's definitely stolen a game for us here and there. But if he's in the .800s again tonight, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me to see Frankie get a go of it next game.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:31 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Kuemper let in 4 goals on his final 10 shots of the last game. Was the rest of the team perfect? Obviously not. But I'm not sure what else they could reasonably be expected to do there, press clippings or not.
I'm not limiting my comment to the end of G5.

They played like this in G2, and honestly didn't look great in G3 before Binnington went down.

They are far from invincible, despite the national media saying otherwise.

They also aren't BUTTERSCOTCH, SOFTEST OF ALL THE PUDDINGS as that dipshit Mark Kiszla claims. What a fucking clown.
[Reply]
Shoes 08:56 AM 05-27-2022
Damn shame that one of those 2 teams is going to advance and one of the two in this series won't.

This really should have been the WCF. These are the two best teams in the West, IMO. And I don't even think it's that close.
A lot of people said the same about KC vs Buffalo this past season- don't sleep on Edmonton.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 05-27-2022

They played like this in G2, and honestly didn't look great in G3 before Binnington went down.

They also aren't BUTTERSCOTCH, SOFTEST OF ALL THE PUDDINGS as that dipshit Mark Kiszla claims. What a fucking clown.
They did not. At all. That looked like a game the Blues were gaining momentum in and then the energy was just sucked out of the building. I'm absolutely confident the Blues had G3.

Now some of that requires credit be given to the Blues - because as I've said for some time, I think this is a REALLY good Blues squad. And they're built for this sort of environment.

But they're built for this sort of test WITH a good goaltender and with Binnington out there playing pucks and putting up a .950, they had it. Husso staying in his crease and letting in a couple softies/gm? Nope - not good enough.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:42 AM 05-27-2022
Shame they moved Detroit to the east, would love to see these two headhunt each other for the rest of time.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:49 AM 05-27-2022

I actually agree with him. Charmin soft they are
[Reply]
Page 51 of 95
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up