ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 361
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:40 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
I disagree with on you just about everything but you car is ****ing bad ass.
You only like it because its black if it were white you would hate it.:-)

Yea we don't agree on much but thanks.

Cars can be a common ground for all types for sure. One of the beauties about them.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:41 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
That's awesome, even love the red stripes on the tires..My wifes Nova had that all red/chrome interior too. Old Rodder down the road bulit/sold a 64 Ford Comet in that color scheme. Nice car.

Your car sounds healthy!...:-)
Even though I have plans for other wheels I am actually going to red pinstripe the inside lip of the ones I have. I think that will look kick ass.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:49 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Holy fuck that's a huge piece of metal that looks fucking sharp!

What the fuck you doing taking that car as your errand mobile?! :-)
No plans to go to Lowes. The wife wanted me to help her pick out ceiling fans at Lowes. I told her to just pick what she wanted. But, noooooo I have to help her pick them out.:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:55 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Even though I have plans for other wheels I am actually going to red pinstripe the inside lip of the ones I have. I think that will look kick ass.
:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:00 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No plans to go to Lowes. The wife wanted me to help her pick out ceiling fans at Lowes. I told her to just pick what she wanted. But, noooooo I have to help her pick them out.:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:48 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I finally got all the side windows in the car about 2 months ago. Windows are smoked not tinted. Unfortunately I had a self induced wiring mishap with my ISIS (Now Infinity Box) system and the car sat for 6 weeks waiting on a repair part. Luckily it wasn't expensive.

Finally back on the road and going to interior soon. I realized Ishould do the sound system before interior. Its getting a hidden bluetooth system, nothing crazy 4 speakers and a small sub.

Finally decided on the wheels, fronts will be 8x8 and rears 18x9.

Little sound clip running down the road. This is probably 3/4 throttle and easy shifting, just winding it out a little.
I love those original wheels, great look.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:30 PM 09-02-2015
Hemi engines to be retired? V8 engines to go the way of the dodo bird? Replaced with V6 turbo charged engines?

You guys know about this?

http://news.boldride.com/2015/08/dod...ntinued/87748/

The Dodge Charger and Challenger Hellcats are some most attention-grabbing, tire-scorching, hair-igniting cars of the past decade. With a 6.2-liter supercharged Hemi V8 making an astounding 707 horsepower, they could be the pinnacle of the modern horsepower wars. But the rein of the Hellcat will be finite, as we’re just learning that the Hellcat line may be killed off in 2019.

We live in an era of increasingly stringent fuel economy regulations and consumer expectations of higher and higher MPGs. In response, automakers are downsizing engines, and Dodge’s parents company Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is no different. According to MotorAuthority, that sourced JeepTrackhawkForums, FCA is set to drop all Hemi V8 engines from the SRT lineup. That includes the 6.4-liter V8, as well as the at-issue 6.2-liter unit.

So what will power SRT vehicles going forward? Apparently future SRT offerings will be propelled by either a turbocharged inline-4, or a turbo V6. Automakers all over the world are getting 300 and 600 horsepower, respectively, from these types of engine setups, so it’s not all that insane.

With future cars guaranteed to be lighter and more focused on cornering than straight-line power, this is likely to be a winning combination. Really, when has SRT let down the enthusiast community?

With 2018 as the last model year that the Hellcats will be offered, you have to ask yourself, how fast will performance buyers will scoop up the remaining Hellcats? Dodge may have already sensed the potential for increased demand, as the Detroit News reports, pricing for the Charger and Challenger Hellcats has jumped by as much as $2,500 for the 2016 model year. A Challenger SRT Hellcat will set you back $62,495, while a Charger SRT Hellcat will cost $65,945. And that is before the inevitable dealer markups.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:34 PM 09-02-2015
Full size ford trucks already have turbo v 6's they seem to have plenty of power.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:46 PM 09-02-2015
Random sexy pic from a weekend road trip...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 08:02 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Full size ford trucks already have turbo v 6's they seem to have plenty of power.
So it used to be that turbos would get extra power out of an engine but were also less reliable. Is that still true or has turbo technology advanced and become more reliable?
[Reply]
KC native 09:17 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So it used to be that turbos would get extra power out of an engine but were also less reliable. Is that still true or has turbo technology advanced and become more reliable?
Turbos are reliable as long as you take care of them. Most cars' turbos are oil-cooled so that means you have to wait 30-60 seconds after taking a spirited or highway drive before shutting them off so the oil circulates and doesn't cook the bearing in them.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:29 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Turbos are reliable as long as you take care of them. Most cars' turbos are oil-cooled so that means you have to wait 30-60 seconds after taking a spirited or highway drive before shutting them off so the oil circulates and doesn't cook the bearing in them.
actually im pretty sure this is false on the newer vehicles. hell some of them shut themselves off at traffic lights...

how would the bearing "cook" when its not turning anymore?
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:39 AM 09-03-2015
actually im pretty sure this is false on the newer vehicles. hell some of them shut themselves off at traffic lights...

His language is wrong but he's got the right idea.
What it's "cooking" is the oil. The sledge from that can in turn foul the bearings, not exactly good on the engine either.
[Reply]
KC native 09:39 AM 09-03-2015

If you're just putting around town, then you don't need to do it.

If you're actually using the turbo (extended highway drive or hauling ass) and you shut the motor off right when your done, then the oil that "bathes" the bearing stops circulating so it doesn't cool off the bearing so it cooks.

I know Audi turbos and Mazda turbos both have statements in the owners manual about not just shutting down the car after spirited or highway drives.
[Reply]
KC native 09:40 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
His language is wrong but he's got the right idea.
What it's "cooking" is the oil. The sledge from that can in turn foul the bearings, not exactly good on the engine either.
This
[Reply]
Page 94 of 361
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up