ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Post-Mortem: 2022 NFL Draft Class
Dante84 03:49 PM 08-08-2022
Figure we can drop nuggets about random dudes from this draft class as their early careers progress.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:02 PM 09-23-2022
I'd really like to see Watson in the X, Hardman as the Z, and Moore in the slot as a regular lineup and see what happens.

I was never impressed by signing MVS and just don't think he's the type of guy you can consistently rely on. He's a nice #4 guy IMO, but not the type you hand the contract he got AND expect to be a huge part of your offense.

I don't know if JuJu is the same guy he was before the injuries. He looks... kinda slow. I'd love to see him be that elite slot WR but I don't know that he is. I think Moore could be with his RB build and elite release.

Let these young, speedy guys eat.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:25 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He also threw a little tantrum on the sideline.

And earlier in the week, he threw Trubisky under the bus saying that all the WRs were getting open.
Honestly, I give zero ****'s about the tantrum or that he said out loud what that entire lockeroom has to be thinking about Trubisky at this point. None that detracts from the fact that the catch was absolute fire.

Immaturity was a widely known knock on him. Nobody is surprised. Whoever drafted him knew exactly what they were getting. Fittingly enough, he was selected into the same environment that cultivated Antonio Brown.

No doubt the Steelers had the maximum strength excedrin on standby when they picked him.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:50 PM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Every time George Pickens makes one of these damn catches i get a little salty.

****ing DK Metcalfe catastrophe all over again.
Let's hope not. We have quite a ways to go before that becomes official. However, Pickens is inarguably winning these early rounds.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:10 AM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd really like to see Watson in the X, Hardman as the Z, and Moore in the slot as a regular lineup and see what happens.

I was never impressed by signing MVS and just don't think he's the type of guy you can consistently rely on. He's a nice #4 guy IMO, but not the type you hand the contract he got AND expect to be a huge part of your offense.

I don't know if JuJu is the same guy he was before the injuries. He looks... kinda slow. I'd love to see him be that elite slot WR but I don't know that he is. I think Moore could be with his RB build and elite release.

Let these young, speedy guys eat.
Agree. I understood the logic of MVS and JJSS but neither is top notch imo, both need an elite WR alongside them to show production. MVS has never been hugely reliable and whatever we think the reason Juju hasn't been decent in 3 years. Moore has to get more snaps.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:56 PM 09-25-2022
So we gonna keep grading this kid on a curve now?

Him and Cook have done far more to lose games for us than win them thus far.

Let's just tap the breaks here fellas. Moore has a long way to go to look like an NFL player yet.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:10 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Let's just tap the breaks here fellas. Moore has a long way to go to look like an NFL player yet.
Well, it's hard to tap the brakes when the parking brake is already set. If he were actually getting meaningful snaps on offense I'd maybe give you some credence there.

Should he be returning punts? No, because he never really was a punt returner. I hoped for Coleman to be kept for that reason and they passed on it.

It could very well be the kid just doesn't have the playbook down well enough for Andy's liking yet. From what I've seen in preseason, it doesn't seem like a talent issue.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:13 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Well, it's hard to tap the brakes when the parking brake is already set. If he were actually getting meaningful snaps on offense I'd maybe give you some credence there.

Should he be returning punts? No, because he never really was a punt returner. I hoped for Coleman to be kept for that reason and they passed on it.

It could very well be the kid just doesn't have the playbook down well enough for Andy's liking yet. From what I've seen in preseason, it doesn't seem like a talent issue.
This is my gripe. I can accept the logic - get him involved, he's got good hands and YAC ability. But FFS it's a new skill he's having to learn. Just let him learn in the areas he's shown ability first. We have a collapsing OL and absolutely no-one else on this team getting early separation. Maybe he won't do that, but let's see.

With a bit of luck someone will notice this sooner rather than later and increase his snaps. With further luck this punt-return nonsense won't have dented his confidence too much.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:01 AM 09-30-2022
Abraham Lucas has been great so far for Seattle. Went early in the third

Abraham Lucas has been the best rookie OT that I've seen in the NFL this season and he was the 7th OT and 15th overall OL taken in the draft. His play strength is serving as the foundation of his game & is really impressive. pic.twitter.com/k0FRVmSfIM

— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) September 30, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

To be fair, the kid was supposed to be a polished, NFL-ready WR.

So what does the team do? Have him return punts, even though he's never done it before.

They're not putting him in a position to succeed, that's not really his fault.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Abraham Lucas has been great so far for Seattle. Went early in the third

Like somebody said to me yesterday, good scouting will find us a LT. I have complete faith in Veach at this point. If OBJ is truly on his way out, we'll find an adequate replacement and probably A LOT cheaper.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM 09-30-2022
I admittedly am not as into prospects throughout the draft as I used to be. Didn’t know anything about Lucas but reading his scouting report is kinda baffling to why he fell so far.

His athletic profile is excellent. 6’6” 325. 33 7/8 arms, 10+ inch hands. Former hooper but has the core strength.

Also ran an excellent 7.25 3 cone for a guy that big.

He’s just an excellent profile for an Andy Reid offense. Ideal RT. Oh well I’m sure there will be other chances.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:07 PM 09-30-2022
The guy I really wanted us to get late was Kellen Diesch. He's floating around on the Bears practice squad so the likelihood is...he's terrible. But man he just looked like he needed a year in the weights room. Everything else was solid.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:30 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like somebody said to me yesterday, good scouting will find us a LT. I have complete faith in Veach at this point. If OBJ is truly on his way out, we'll find an adequate replacement and probably A LOT cheaper.
Isn’t that scouting what led us to trade for OBJ in the first place? IMO hard to have complete faith when trading for OBJ was a flawed move to begin with. The chances of him ever developing into an elite LT in THIS offense were always slim and his contract demands weren’t exactly a secret even before we traded for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Isn’t that scouting what led us to trade for OBJ in the first place? IMO hard to have complete faith when trading for OBJ was a flawed move to begin with. The chances of him ever developing into an elite LT in THIS offense were always slim and his contract demands weren’t exactly a secret even before we traded for him.
Have you seen that tackle class from that year? We probably could have traded up for Darrisaw but coming out, he had concerns about his back or neck, IIRC.

The rest of that class is mostly right tackles or trash.

It was a desperation move. Hopefully they've learned from it.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:43 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Have you seen that tackle class from that year? We probably could have traded up for Darrisaw but coming out, he had concerns about his back or neck, IIRC.

The rest of that class is mostly right tackles or trash.

It was a desperation move. Hopefully they've learned from it.
They didn't merely because they could have had Penning which, at minimum, would have locked up RT and probably would have been the LT going into 2023.

Hindsight says yeah, he got hurt, but that doesn't detract from the facts leading in. And, he looked pretty fucking good before the injury.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up