ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 435
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:57 PM 09-30-2019
:-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:58 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I literally don't give a shit about run defense. We won't get beat because a team runs the ball. We need people that can get to the QB, like Chris Jones.
That's cause you are a fucking idiot. I dont think youd ever hear one HC in the NFL say 'We don't give a shit about run D'

What an idiotic take.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:08 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's cause you are a ****ing idiot. I dont think youd ever hear one HC in the NFL say 'We don't give a shit about run D'

What an idiotic take.
We will not lose a game because our run D sucks. We are giving up almost 6 yards per rush, which is one of the worst all time, and only giving up 23.5 PPG. That's good for 18th in ppg, which is middle of the pack. So we are giving up the 2nd (can't remember exactly what the tweet said) most yards per rush in the history of the league, but we are undefeated and we're still ranked 18th in ppg allowed. So a historically bad run D, but we're still average in the one ranking that matters PPG. So explain to me how run D matters.

Also I take it back, you are a douchebag loser.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:24 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sign Preston Smith and draft Byron Murphy.

And yes, I was high on Smith as a FA. Would've damn sure preferred him to giving picks AND the contract for Clark.
Let's be honest nobody was pounding the table for Preston Smith he only had 4 sacks last year and its clear Veach during FA was focused on safety with Mathieu and thought be had Thomas too.

Nobody would confuse me for a fan of Veach or a Chiefs apologist. I hated the Clark trade but looking at it on draft day it made sense.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 11:24 PM 09-30-2019
lol

we'll get bounced in the playoffs, like always, because our D sux.

Nice way to spend an evening though, I guess, dissecting a bunch of meaningless stats
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:25 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
He's the highest paid player in franchise history. And we gave up a 1st and a 2nd for him. And we'll almost certainly have to let Chris Jones go now, because we have Frank Clark instead. It's a disaster.
Nah I still think Jones will be back. Looking at the trade in hindsight plus the production was it too much? Yes. Does Clark "suck" even after 4 games I would say hes ok. Worth what weve paid 4 games in? No.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:29 PM 09-30-2019
Btw folks go ahead and label me BossChief its cool.

Frank Clark the month of September last year 0 sacks.
October he had 1 sack.

I have conceded he hasnt played up to his contract thus far. A guy making that much should have more production.

Can I atleast use the it's only 4 games let's give him more time before we judge him overall excuse?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:31 PM 09-30-2019
Back in 17 he had 1.5 sacks in September, 3 in October, in 16...
[Reply]
jonzie04 11:39 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
no he is playing his assigned gap and rush lane, just like the rest of the front 7/8. Problem with the run D has been the guys at the point of attack getting combo'ed then when the lineman peels to the lb, they cant disengage and have been driven back too far. Our LB's aren't getting off the block either. Run blitz, slant, stunt.. doesnt matter they all have 1 gap assigned whether its an under or over front. Another issue ive seen is a shift by the TE the line is not adjusting and the weak end is getting sealed. either a safety needs to come down when that happens and take the alley or they need to shift and reduce the end back down and have a LB on the line.
He is Responsible for a gap (or two) but he is Playing/reading based on what the tackle does. I do agree with your assessment of our run defense issues though. I actually don't disagree with most anything you said, other than he doesn't read the tackle. Thats one of the first things youre taught as a D lineman. If he blocks down, get hands on him, look for pulling guard, backfield, can be counter, inside zone, etc.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:02 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Btw folks go ahead and label me BossChief its cool.

Frank Clark the month of September last year 0 sacks.
October he had 1 sack.

I have conceded he hasnt played up to his contract thus far. A guy making that much should have more production.

Can I atleast use the it's only 4 games let's give him more time before we judge him overall excuse?
Yeah that's fine, it's really not even an excuse. Everyone wants him to be an elite level player, but he has barely been even mediocre.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:08 AM 10-01-2019
Yeah that's fine, it's really not even an excuse. Everyone wants him to be an elite level player, but he has barely been even mediocre.
I'm not claiming hes been elite but if hes playing terrible were not 11th in sacks. Again he hasnt played to the price weve paid but to say he fucking sucks is a bit much and that's all I'm saying
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:52 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm not claiming hes been elite but if hes playing terrible were not 11th in sacks. Again he hasnt played to the price weve paid but to say he ****ing sucks is a bit much and that's all I'm saying
There are many on here that are acting like hes been a beast. If they are going to over exaggerate, then I can too. I mean he hasn't fucking sucked, but he's been below average to average. He isn't making any impact. He's the last one off the ball on about every snap and just gets owned by one blocker.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:47 AM 10-01-2019
We will not lose a game because our run D sucks. We are giving up almost 6 yards per rush, which is one of the worst all time, and only giving up 23.5 PPG. That's good for 18th in ppg, which is middle of the pack. So we are giving up the 2nd (can't remember exactly what the tweet said) most yards per rush in the history of the league, but we are undefeated and we're still ranked 18th in ppg allowed. So a historically bad run D, but we're still average in the one ranking that matters PPG. So explain to me how run D matters.

Also I take it back, you are a douchebag loser.
If you can't stop the run, your pass rushers can't tee off on the opposing QB. If they can run for 5 and 6 yards a pop, they can keep your defense guessing.

Sacks come in bunches when an opposing offense is forced to pass and everyone in the stadium knows it. Defensive linemen don't have to worry about manning running lanes, they know they can just explode upfield and race to the QB.

Every game we lost last year, including the AFC championship game, we lost because we couldn't force the enemy to become one dimensional.

You don't understand football.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:57 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
comon' man, did you really rewatch it?

https://www.chiefs.com/video/alex-ok...n-3rd-and-goal
Yes, yes I did.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:57 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
BullshitI just re-watched yesterdays game, specifically trying to keep my focus on Clark.

He is playing like a guy that got paid and wants to be healthy enjoying life after football with all of that money.

HE IS NOT BEING DOUBLED
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yes, yes I did.
I'm guessing you just didn't count this as a double, amirite?

https://www.chiefs.com/video/alex-ok...n-3rd-and-goal

What'd you post?
I tried to link to some A-22 film but it won't load when I embed it.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 435
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up