ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 285
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
shieldsnake 09:40 PM 10-07-2014
Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore movie Blended is worthy watching. I laughed so much with this movie, very funny and great story. They have undeniable chemistry that really sets the tone for the movie. A must see!
[Reply]
Ceej 05:38 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by shieldsnake:
Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore movie Blended is worthy watching. I laughed so much with this movie, very funny and great story. They have undeniable chemistry that really sets the tone for the movie. A must see!
I thought it was good - better than I originally thought but not that good.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 01:32 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by shieldsnake:
this sounds exactly like reviewer desperately trying to get a quote on the DVD box.

"A must see!" -- shieldsnake, ChiefsPlanet
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:02 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
this sounds exactly like reviewer desperately trying to get a quote on the DVD box.

"A must see!" -- shieldsnake, ChiefsPlanet

Have I ever told my near brush with movie quote immortality?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:09 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Have I ever told my near brush with movie quote immortality?

Does that sound like something you would be interested in?
FYP

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:12 PM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
FYP

:-)

It's a funny story where the distributor was truncating my original quote and taking it completely out of context. But now you've ruined it, so screw you guys. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 06:52 PM 10-09-2014
Finally watched Contact. Thought it was a very good movie even though I'm still trying to figure out what to think about the end. I thought it was kind of anticlimactic and south park and family guy were right about the 2nd machine and the aliens looking like her dad because it would be more comforting plot points being pretty lame.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:22 PM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Finally watched Contact. Thought it was a very good movie even though I'm still trying to figure out what to think about the end. I thought it was kind of anticlimactic and south park and family guy were right about the 2nd machine and the aliens looking like her dad because it would be more comforting plot points being pretty lame.
They just left it open to interpretation. Love the movie.

I liked what Angela Bassett says to James Woods at the end.
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 06:47 PM 10-10-2014
The Signal - Under the radar sci-fi movie about 3 college kids who encounter something alien in Nevada. At times slightly incoherent in the storytelling, but visually wonderful with a moody electronic soundtrack. Laurence Fishburne is just mesmerizing. Apparently this was released this year but I don't ever recall seeing ads for it. 8/10.
[Reply]
-King- 02:59 PM 10-11-2014
Originally Posted by TrickyNicky:
The Signal - Under the radar sci-fi movie about 3 college kids who encounter something alien in Nevada. At times slightly incoherent in the storytelling, but visually wonderful with a moody electronic soundtrack. Laurence Fishburne is just mesmerizing. Apparently this was released this year but I don't ever recall seeing ads for it. 8/10.
I've been meaning to watch that. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
-King- 02:32 AM 10-12-2014
I've been meaning to watch that. Thanks for the review.
Just watched it. I....um... wut?

What a great build up for an even bigger let down. The ended was horrible to say the least.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:43 AM 10-12-2014
Just watched it. I....um... wut?

What a great build up for an even bigger let down. The ended was horrible to say the least.
Yeah I agree. Although I get the ending, it was far from as good as the rest of the movie. Wanted to see it at the movies, but glad I waited for Redbox.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:19 AM 10-12-2014
I enjoyed Blood Ties. Nothing ground breaking story-wise, but the acting, costumes, and soundtrack were very well done.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 01:44 PM 10-12-2014
I really liked 22 jump street, but I cannot figure out if I liked the movie or just the wink and a nod to the audience that they know its a rebooted franchise getting a sequel.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:15 PM 10-13-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
I really liked 22 jump street, but I cannot figure out if I liked the movie or just the wink and a nod to the audience that they know its a rebooted franchise getting a sequel.
I liked 21 a lot. 22 is kinda meh.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 285
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up