ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 284
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:57 AM 08-17-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Spike has moved onto the 'can do no wrong' ladder for me, along with Coens, Scorsese, and Tarantino. Adaptation is among my top 5 ALL TIME movie experiences, of all things redeems Nic Cage!! That's like 40 on the John Travolta 1-10 Pulp Fiction redemption scale. Being John Malkovich is revelatory. Synechdoche, Martha Focker!!
One of Nic Cage's shining moments is The Weatherman. Plain and simple. FACT.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:38 AM 08-18-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Watched Her. I like Spike Jonze and his movies but this one was just ok for me. Phoenix did a great job and the Directing really was top notch but the movie just draaaags. Plus the topic has been done a little too much recently.
Somehow I knew that 'her high waisted pants' was an existing search term.

:-) :-)

just type in 'her h'
[Reply]
underEJ 10:39 AM 08-18-2014
I'm a big Spike Jones fan too. The collaboration of Director, DP, and Production Designer on Her is just about the finest I think I have seen since before 70s realism. Glad we are getting back to more exploratory looks now. Music video directors have always had that playground so they are a nice addition to Hollywood films.

I know alot of people hate Tarsem, but the look The Fall is exquisite, unfortunately the story trips over the look a few times, but it is pretty minor. All in all, a really nice film too. I have enjoyed it numerous times.

Has anyone seen Bellflower? Indie from a new director a couple of years ago. He makes his own cameras, built the car in the film with the flame throwers. It is super low budget, but he does some very cool stuff with the little budget he has. He kind of throws continuity out the window in exchange for anything that serves the story like some crazy exposure and depth of field settings. Everyone says "continuity is for pussies," but most directors are addicted to it as if it is the metric of directing. I look forward to what he can do with some money. It is a bad relationship revenge fantasy movie, but it is clever. And anything that doesn't actually need to be clever is dead simple, pretty rare from a young director. It is worth a look, but warning, it is kind of harsh.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:26 PM 08-18-2014
Another pretty good newer Cage flick I definitely recommend is
Joe
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 07:25 PM 08-18-2014
Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans surprised me quite a bit. Very good for a Cage movie
[Reply]
thabear04 11:19 AM 08-19-2014
https://games.yahoo.com/news/paul-ru...160610409.html

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:39 AM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by thabear04:
https://games.yahoo.com/news/paul-ru...160610409.html

So, this is probably old news, but I just saw that Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym, so they're are obviously including a passing of the torch plotline.

Also, with the announcement of further details about the Dr. Strange movie upcoming, what are people's thoughts and feelings about Marvel announcing not only will his movie not be an origin story, but that they are not doing origin stories for movies going forward?

Seems a bit ballsy...
[Reply]
Bowser 01:53 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
So, this is probably old news, but I just saw that Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym, so they're are obviously including a passing of the torch plotline.

Also, with the announcement of further details about the Dr. Strange movie upcoming, what are people's thoughts and feelings about Marvel announcing not only will his movie not be an origin story, but that they are not doing origin stories for movies going forward?

Seems a bit ballsy...
It is a bit ballsy. And I'm very genuinely curious as to what they're building towards.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:41 PM 08-19-2014
Finally saw The Expendables.

Terrible movie which was only mildly interesting for the plane scene and Terry Crews blowing the shit out of everyone with his shotgun.

Now to watch Expendables II and decide if I really want to go see the III tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
thabear04 08:30 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
Finally saw The Expendables.

Terrible movie which was only mildly interesting for the plane scene and Terry Crews blowing the shit out of everyone with his shotgun.

Now to watch Expendables II and decide if I really want to go see the III tomorrow. :-)
http://putlocker.is/watch-the-expend...putlocker.html

I found this site if you wanna watch it.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:41 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by thabear04:
http://putlocker.is/watch-the-expend...putlocker.html

I found this site if you wanna watch it.
It's been out for like a month now, right?
[Reply]
Frosty 09:06 PM 08-19-2014
Rented some movies last weekend:

RoboCop - ignoring the original and taking the movie on its own merit resulted in a pile of "meh". Nothing really happens and I found myself really not caring about any of the characters.

Divergent - it was an okay movie but I suspect it would have made more sense if one reads the book first. The movie that is its most obvious comparison - The Hunger Games - was a superior movie.

47 Ronin - I quite liked this movie despite its most obvious flaw (Keanu). It's a nice looking film with some nice fight scenes. If they had cast someone more believable as the Japanese half breed, it would have been better.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:30 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
It's been out for like a month now, right?
It just came out a week ago.

Expendables II was slightly more interesting. God these films suck, though. Their only redeeming factor is 80s action stars being hilariously cheeseball.

And for that reason alone, tomorrow I will see III.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:37 PM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
It just came out a week ago.

Expendables II was slightly more interesting. God these films suck, though. Their only redeeming factor is 80s action stars being hilariously cheeseball.

And for that reason alone, tomorrow I will see III.
I meant that an HD copy of the movie leaked out quite some time ago.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:02 AM 08-20-2014
Originally Posted by Frosty:
47 Ronin - I quite liked this movie despite its most obvious flaw (Keanu). It's a nice looking film with some nice fight scenes. If they had cast someone more believable as the Japanese half breed, it would have been better.
I took my son to go see this when it was playing in theaters. We really enjoyed it. My son was stunned when it was over. He didn't realize that we had been sitting there so long. That's pretty good for a 15 year old that isn't really into the genre all that much. In fact he has gotten more into (somewhat) similar stuff since watching that movie. I would have loved almost any other major or minor actor playing Keanu Reeves' part, but they limited his role enough to get over it.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 284
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up