ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Blowfish got Whacked
gblowfish 01:14 PM 02-04-2023
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off. They told me they couldn't afford to pay me any more, and end of February would be my last day.

I'm a free agent. If anybody here in the KC area could use a guy like me in customer service, or a work from home deal, I'm open to just about anything. I'd been with my employer for 16 years, and with my previous employer before that for 20. I've been in media manufacturing for 36 years. First time I've been unemployed since 1985. It's a little scary. Have no idea what I'll do next. But it's also kind of exciting, as I can go and do just about anything. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get somebody to take a chance on me. If you guys have any leads for me, pm me for my cell or email to gblowfish@comcast.net. I've got a resume I can send you.

Thanks for the good mojo. I'm a little blue this weekend as you can imagine.

Mrs. B took me to dinner last night, then we saw "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. Geez...what a laugh riot. I haven't chuckled that much since I saw "Schindler's List!" I feel so much better now.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:23 PM 02-24-2023
Congrats, happy for you George.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 05:21 PM 02-24-2023
I'm really sorry you got laid off. From what I can tell you're a smart, capable guy. I hope you find a job you can tolerate and, hopefully, enjoy until retirement. Best of luck.
[Reply]
KCJake 05:25 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off.
LOL. "You should of seen the other guy" just kiddin. Sorry bud. Good luck to ya. Nobody wants to work these days. Employers are willing to pay big money for legit people. Especially somebody with a great track record. Know your worth. I'm nothing special and somehow managed to make really good money last year.
[Reply]
Jenson71 05:35 PM 02-24-2023
Guys, there's good news. Keep reading!
[Reply]
Pushead2 05:42 PM 02-24-2023
Fantastic to hear!
[Reply]
Valiant 05:57 PM 02-24-2023
Good luck. Also, loyalty is not a thing anymore.

Average time for most new hires is only one to two years before they leave. Easier to get more pay at new places than current jobs.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 06:04 PM 02-24-2023
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know I landed on my feet and it's all good.

I actually had two job offers I accepted. I got a full time gig working for a large KC bank HQ as a front desk guy. There's about 300 employees and they'll all get to see me first thing in the AM when they come in. Easy gig, starting pay isn't great, but not minimum either. And Full freakin' benefits! That's what I was looking for. So that'll save me about 10 grand a year forking out for Obamacare.

Second side gig is as a National Rep for a big USB company. I can do that from a dedicated cell phone in my pocket. Hopefully make an extra grand or two a month from that, and it's EZ Peazy too. It's in the field I've been in for over 30 years and I know the biz inside and out.

So it's all good. Both jobs go active before March 15th.
I'm as happy as a little gurl!!!
Oh great! And here I sent you an "I'm sorry" message and everything!
:-)

Very happy for you!
[Reply]
Balto 06:05 PM 02-24-2023
For most of my career my title has been Client Representative, or Executive Sales Associate or Sales Manager. In the glory days of CDs and DVDs I'd do six mill a year in sales. Nobody does anything close to that now. Most of my contemporaries have either retired, left for other industries or died. When I started with my lastest employer, we had six sales people and a group secretary. After laying me off, the company will have two employees. Two. So this was inevitable, but still after all those years hard to just walk away and do something else. But it's kind of exciting, because I can literally do whatever I want now if I get the right kind of offer.
Crazy thought but if you still have connections in the business maybe open your own place with a few young college grads learning the ropes from you.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 06:23 PM 02-24-2023
great news!!!
[Reply]
Stryker 06:26 PM 02-24-2023
GB, from me to you! :-)

Congrats my friend!
[Reply]
Al Czervik 06:32 PM 02-24-2023
Congrats George!!!!
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:34 PM 02-24-2023
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:54 PM 02-24-2023
Awesome, just be careful using your smooth moves with the lady bankers walking in!
[Reply]
Monty 06:59 PM 02-24-2023
excellent news! When one door closes, another opens. In this case, 2 doors! :-)
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:24 PM 02-24-2023
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know I landed on my feet and it's all good.

I actually had two job offers I accepted. I got a full time gig working for a large KC bank HQ as a front desk guy. There's about 300 employees and they'll all get to see me first thing in the AM when they come in. Easy gig, starting pay isn't great, but not minimum either. And Full freakin' benefits! That's what I was looking for. So that'll save me about 10 grand a year forking out for Obamacare.

Second side gig is as a National Rep for a big USB company. I can do that from a dedicated cell phone in my pocket. Hopefully make an extra grand or two a month from that, and it's EZ Peazy too. It's in the field I've been in for over 30 years and I know the biz inside and out.

So it's all good. Both jobs go active before March 15th.
I'm as happy as a little gurl!!!
Excellent, super happy for you George I knew you couldn’t remain unemployed for a long. You are way to talented!!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up