ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Blowfish got Whacked
gblowfish 01:14 PM 02-04-2023
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off. They told me they couldn't afford to pay me any more, and end of February would be my last day.

I'm a free agent. If anybody here in the KC area could use a guy like me in customer service, or a work from home deal, I'm open to just about anything. I'd been with my employer for 16 years, and with my previous employer before that for 20. I've been in media manufacturing for 36 years. First time I've been unemployed since 1985. It's a little scary. Have no idea what I'll do next. But it's also kind of exciting, as I can go and do just about anything. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get somebody to take a chance on me. If you guys have any leads for me, pm me for my cell or email to gblowfish@comcast.net. I've got a resume I can send you.

Thanks for the good mojo. I'm a little blue this weekend as you can imagine.

Mrs. B took me to dinner last night, then we saw "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. Geez...what a laugh riot. I haven't chuckled that much since I saw "Schindler's List!" I feel so much better now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:51 PM 02-06-2023
Sorry to hear George you're a good dude any company would be lucky to hire you. You won't be out long if I see anything ill shoot you a PM
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:51 AM 02-07-2023
Sue for age discrimination
[Reply]
penguinz 10:06 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Virtually impossible for any white male to win a case like that.

Especially in a state like MO where it is at will work state.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:27 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Virtually impossible for any white male to win a case like that.

Especially in a state like MO where it is at will work state.
What if he says he identifies as another gender and race?
[Reply]
Al Czervik 10:36 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
What if he says he identifies as another gender and race?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:28 AM 02-07-2023
Are you in a position that allows you to retire if that's what you decide? I like doing what I do just fine, but I can't wait to walk out and never come back.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:36 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Here's one that came recommended by a friend. This girl lived near me.

They connect older workers to government work. Hers were pretty long term contracts, like technical writing for the park service with paid travel to national parks. Shes had excellent experience with it. Exciting time for sure!

https://newsolutions.org/
This looks interesting.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:30 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I had another friend of mine suggest that. My age wasn't a factor here, it's more because the entire industry is dying. It would be like if I sold yellow pages ads. No need for the product.

Hey if you guys do Linked In and want to recommend me as a good egg, you can send me an atta boy. Just PM me and I'll send you the link to my Linked In page.

I'll take all the good mojo you can throw my way. BTW: I may have my first two in person interviews on Thursday. I'm getting my hair done and legs waxed.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:10 PM 02-07-2023
I've been getting some pretty weird stuff in the job site links for "available jobs" that fit my profile. One was for an embalmer. I think I'm a lot closer to being a client than a provider. Also got an invite to apply to be a US Customs Border Agent in Sugar Creek, MO. Apparently, keeping Jackson County safe from Clay County crossing the Missouri River!
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:12 PM 02-24-2023
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know I landed on my feet and it's all good.

I actually had two job offers I accepted. I got a full time gig working for a large KC bank HQ as a front desk guy. There's about 300 employees and they'll all get to see me first thing in the AM when they come in. Easy gig, starting pay isn't great, but not minimum either. And Full freakin' benefits! That's what I was looking for. So that'll save me about 10 grand a year forking out for Obamacare.

Second side gig is as a National Rep for a big USB company. I can do that from a dedicated cell phone in my pocket. Hopefully make an extra grand or two a month from that, and it's EZ Peazy too. It's in the field I've been in for over 30 years and I know the biz inside and out.

So it's all good. Both jobs go active before March 15th.
I'm as happy as a little gurl!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:15 PM 02-24-2023
Nice work George. Make that money.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:15 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

I actually had two job offers I accepted. I got a full time gig working for a large KC bank HQ as a front desk guy. There's about 300 employees and they'll all get to see me first thing in the AM when they come in. Easy gig, starting pay isn't great, but not minimum either. And Full freakin' benefits! That's what I was looking for. So that'll save me about 10 grand a year forking out for Obamacare.

Second side gig is as a National Rep for a big USB company. I can do that from a dedicated cell phone in my pocket. Hopefully make an extra grand or two a month from that, and it's EZ Peazy too. It's in the field I've been in for over 30 years and I know the biz inside and out.

Congrats man! Glad it's worked out well.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:26 PM 02-24-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

Good job Mr Blowfish..:-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:31 PM 02-24-2023
Nice work, George!

Might as well go the PB route and add a 3rd job.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:33 PM 02-24-2023
Congrats GB. Remember, when a for closes, a window opens, or something like that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up