ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Blowfish got Whacked
gblowfish 01:14 PM 02-04-2023
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off. They told me they couldn't afford to pay me any more, and end of February would be my last day.

I'm a free agent. If anybody here in the KC area could use a guy like me in customer service, or a work from home deal, I'm open to just about anything. I'd been with my employer for 16 years, and with my previous employer before that for 20. I've been in media manufacturing for 36 years. First time I've been unemployed since 1985. It's a little scary. Have no idea what I'll do next. But it's also kind of exciting, as I can go and do just about anything. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get somebody to take a chance on me. If you guys have any leads for me, pm me for my cell or email to gblowfish@comcast.net. I've got a resume I can send you.

Thanks for the good mojo. I'm a little blue this weekend as you can imagine.

Mrs. B took me to dinner last night, then we saw "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. Geez...what a laugh riot. I haven't chuckled that much since I saw "Schindler's List!" I feel so much better now.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:47 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I hear manufacturing of methamphetamines is popular in Independence.
Yeah, well, that industry is already saturated out here...
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:47 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This might be a little personal of me to ask, but how close are you to retirement?
I'll be 64 in July.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:51 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Am I the only person who doesn't know what media manufacturing is? Are you a person who digs up scandals for news media?
I've only been involved in one scandal in the news media that I know of. I started in the 1980s manufacturing audio cassettes. Did work for several large church organizations, Marion Labs, National Seminars, Gallup Polls, foreign language training, etc. Moved on to making CDs, VHS tapes, broadcast video tapes, DVDs, Blu-Rays and USB drives. I've also sold AV gear like video cameras, PTZ cameras, mics, mixers, black magic video gear, big ass TV monitors and digital signage; stuff like that.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:53 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Contact the Chiefs front office. How cool would that be to land a job with the team
I have contacted the Royals for some part time summer jobs. I wouldn't want to work for the Chiefs because that's what I do for fun. Only job I'd like out there would be maintaining the Hall of Honor or helping the Ambassadors.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:56 PM 02-04-2023
Man George I am sorry to hear this. I hope you have success very soon!
[Reply]
old_geezer 07:00 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'll be 64 in July.
Sorry to hear about the job; hope you find something you like quickly (You durn spring chicken). :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:03 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
What's your profession/expertise/experience? We can't help much with jobs without knowing that. You said "customer service" but that could mean a lot.
For most of my career my title has been Client Representative, or Executive Sales Associate or Sales Manager. In the glory days of CDs and DVDs I'd do six mill a year in sales. Nobody does anything close to that now. Most of my contemporaries have either retired, left for other industries or died. When I started with my lastest employer, we had six sales people and a group secretary. After laying me off, the company will have two employees. Two. So this was inevitable, but still after all those years hard to just walk away and do something else. But it's kind of exciting, because I can literally do whatever I want now if I get the right kind of offer.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:13 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
For most of my career my title has been Client Representative, or Executive Sales Associate or Sales Manager. In the glory days of CDs and DVDs I'd do six mill a year in sales. Nobody does anything close to that now. Most of my contemporaries have either retired, left for other industries or died. When I started with my lastest employer, we had six sales people and a group secretary. After laying me off, the company will have two employees. Two. So this was inevitable, but still after all those years hard to just walk away and do something else. But it's kind of exciting, because I can literally do whatever I want now if I get the right kind of offer.
Billay knows all about doing whatever for the right offer
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:31 PM 02-04-2023
Hey George sorry about the stress, but I love your attitude about change and opportunity! There are a number of job services that cater to older workers specifically. Here's a list from AARP. Best wishes!
https://www.aarp.org/work/job-search...ers-find-jobs/
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:48 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Hey George sorry about the stress, but I love your attitude about change and opportunity! There are a number of job services that cater to older workers specifically. Here's a list from AARP. Best wishes!
https://www.aarp.org/work/job-search...ers-find-jobs/
Thanks Jerry, I'll definitely check that out.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:57 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry to hear this, George. I hope someone gives you a chance, they won't be sorry.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:01 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry to hear. I hope you find something new that excites you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:04 PM 02-04-2023
this is the universe telling you it's time to relax and consume as much chiefs content as possible as they start a dynasty

i was unemployed for almost the entire 2018 season and it was glorious
[Reply]
HemiEd 02-04-2023, 08:10 PM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
wazu 08:18 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry, my friend. Wish you the best of luck finding something you enjoy.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:31 PM 02-04-2023
Sorry to hear that your job ran out.

Personally, I moved to retirement about 5 years ago and I highly recommend it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up