Page 14 of 103
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:42 PM 06-04-2022
Holy shit Cardinals just had one of the dumbest plays ever. Sosa could have scored easily and took the lead. Forgot to step on third.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Holy shit Cardinals just had one of the dumbest plays ever. Sosa could have scored easily and took the lead. Forgot to step on third.
the Cardinals base running has been one of the most positive and consistent parts of their game this year.

But that was the bonehead plays of the year. There wasn’t even going to be a throw home. :-)
[Reply]
VAChief 12:47 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the Cardinals base running has been one of the most positive and consistent parts of their game this year.

But that was the bonehead plays of the year. There wasn’t even going to be a throw home. :-)
I wouldn't call it a bonehead play, but certainly a major physical error. He had to pause slightly to make sure he wasn't hit with the ground ball and then has to be thinking he needs to "haul ass" to score. Just the slightest hesitation like that can throw off your rhythm in catching the base just right on the inside corner. It's a blunder, but I think it was more physical than mental. He was amped up to score and it showed in his execution.

You watch Goldy scoring the go ahead run in the 10th and he is really gauging his steps before touching third...because he could... the ball was going to rattle around in the corner. Had he missed third it would be a bonehead play, because he had all the time in the world. Sosa had to think this was going to be bang bang at the plate after he had to hesitate. It doesn't excuse the miscue, but it helps explain what probably happened.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:45 PM 06-05-2022
God damn, Yadi is bad
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:43 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
God damn, Yadi is bad
I was worried about Pujols bringing the team down. Yadi has fallen off a cliff.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:31 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
God damn, Yadi is bad
He’s a guy you’d DFA without blinking but/for his organizational cache. C is a real problem. Knizner is looking overmatched as often as not as well.

Wonder if Yepez could pry Danny Jansen out of Toronto. Doubt it, but with Gabby Moreno seemingly ready to be promoted, Jansen could get squeezed out by Moreno and Kirk.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:23 AM 06-06-2022
Went to Thursday night and last night's game. Great atmosphere as always and glad we could pull out a victory. Hard fought battle throughout the series
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:26 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Went to Thursday night and last night's game. Great atmosphere as always and glad we could pull out a victory. Hard fought battle throughout the series
We were there Friday and then the day game on Saturday so we got the split.

Man, you just couldn't have asked for a better day for baseball on Friday. Sunny, 75 degrees, light wind blowing out to RF - beautiful day.

But Wrigley is still a shithole. Though Cubs fans seem to have become more tolerable now that they are again resigned to being irrelevant.

The weekend, as per usual, turned into an excuse to eat way too damn much food, though. I've took like 8 shits yesterday after gorging myself Friday and Saturday night. And of course breakfast at the Eleven City Diner before heading out to the park is always a real risk in its own right - but that place is just so damn good.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:18 PM 06-07-2022
At the games for the next two days. Had the Thursday game too but a damn wedding in KC made me change my flight.

Pujols still looks like a bad ass in person.
Attached: 903AB6E3-691E-4605-BE14-F024A1AE1C0C.jpg (108.3 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:38 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
At the games for the next two days. Had the Thursday game too but a damn wedding in KC made me change my flight.

Pujols still looks like a bad ass in person.
Yeah, when we were in Chicago last week and saw him in person I had the exact same thought.

“Damn - guy still LOOKS like he can play…”

Definitely looks more formidable in person.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:40 PM 06-07-2022
On that note - Zack Thompson was easily the most impressive of the young arms I saw. I wasn’t blown away by Liberatore and both Oviedo and Woodford looked as mediocre as ever. But Thompson had a fair amount of life on his stuff that I wasn’t really expecting.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:08 PM 06-07-2022
During warmups. Looks like all Cardinal fans.
Attached: 3A0C727A-89C5-44B4-A3F0-1B7EDCE7F106.jpg (135.0 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:10 PM 06-08-2022
Yadi with a strikeout!!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:13 PM 06-08-2022
A scoreless inning pitching for Yadi lol
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:58 AM 06-09-2022
Been a terrible series in Tampa this week. Need to turn it around. We finally get our hitters going and now it’s the pitchers who are shitting the bed.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 103
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up