Page 11 of 103
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I am so tired of Yadier Molina and Paul Dejong. Neither of these guys are starting level players. I don't care what Molina has meant to the franchise at this point. Knizner needs to be our everyday starting catcher. Yadi can start Kniz's days off.
We were worried about Pujols taking up space in the lineup. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 09:52 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Otherwise is senseless to get too attached to any of these guys. Well, except for Bryce Harper, who specifically noted that he would not be asking for opt-outs when he signed in a down market. And we didn't get involved because...reasons.
I dont think many, if any, of these 10 year mega contracts came with opt outs. It's all these tier 2 deals that are ending at like age 33-34 that are getting opt outs. Basically if you pony up the money, there's no grounds for the player to ask for an opt out because no one is getting them in the mega deals.

Edit: Just checked and Stanton is the only one that got an opt out. I'm not really including Arenado because to me he fits in that tier 2 in that he got 8 years sub 300 and would have ended at age 35 without the extra year tagged on by the Cardinals.

Cole got an opt out as well, but his can be voided by the Yankees if he exercised it by adding another year onto the deal.

Given what Bryant got this offseason, which was insane, and if Arenado continues on a MVP pace, he'd be stupid not to opt out. He'll have $144M left. I can't see a scenario in which he got less on the market, especially when he would easily be the best player in it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:27 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dont think many, if any, of these 10 year mega contracts came with opt outs. It's all these tier 2 deals that are ending at like age 33-34 that are getting opt outs. Basically if you pony up the money, there's no grounds for the player to ask for an opt out because no one is getting them in the mega deals.

Edit: Just checked and Stanton is the only one that got an opt out. I'm not really including Arenado because to me he fits in that tier 2 in that he got 8 years sub 300 and would have ended at age 35 without the extra year tagged on by the Cardinals.

Cole got an opt out as well, but his can be voided by the Yankees if he exercised it by adding another year onto the deal.

Given what Bryant got this offseason, which was insane, and if Arenado continues on a MVP pace, he'd be stupid not to opt out. He'll have $144M left. I can't see a scenario in which he got less on the market, especially when he would easily be the best player in it.
yeah that’s what I was worried about. Finally get a top player in the lineup again and he’s going to get the MVP and opt out. Go home to the Dodgers and get his bank vault full of cash.

He stays with the Cardinals, he makes $200 million in his career. That’s pretty damn good. But he goes to the Dodgers? Maybe he gets another $100 million?
[Reply]
jd1020 09:00 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah that’s what I was worried about. Finally get a top player in the lineup again and he’s going to get the MVP and opt out. Go home to the Dodgers and get his bank vault full of cash.

He stays with the Cardinals, he makes $200 million in his career. That’s pretty damn good. But he goes to the Dodgers? Maybe he gets another $100 million?
Maybe he gets another $100M from the Cardinals? It's not like the Cardinals cant afford to pay him.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:06 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Maybe he gets another $100M from the Cardinals? It's not like the Cardinals cant afford to pay him.
There's a long road between here and there but previous history tells us the Cardinals won't make him the same type of offer some of the other big money clubs will. As long as Mo can say he tried, the ownership is good.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:10 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
There's a long road between here and there but previous history tells us the Cardinals won't make him the same type of offer some of the other big money clubs will. As long as Mo can say he tried, the ownership is good.
Yes, but there's a difference between cant and wont.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We were worried about Pujols taking up space in the lineup. :-)
Who wasn't also worried about DeJong and Molina?

At least the team doesn't seem inclined to give Molina 130 starts this year, so that's progress.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I've never seen anybody with a better feel for the market than Mozeliak.

He always knows EXACTLY how much to offer to come in 2nd place and tell the fans he made an effort.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:19 AM 05-08-2022
Yepez is off to a hot start. Eventually pitchers will figure him out but love to see another live bat
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Yepez is off to a hot start. Eventually pitchers will figure him out but love to see another live bat
Yepez can hit.

Like I said - team should’ve just put him at DH and let it fly. This Dickerson/Pujols thing is just embarrassing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:37 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've never seen anybody with a better feel for the market than Mozeliak.

He always knows EXACTLY how much to offer to come in 2nd place and tell the fans he made an effort.
:-) to much truth here.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:08 PM 05-10-2022
DeJong is walking in Memphis....

The #stlcards have optioned shortstop Paul DeJong to Triple A-Memphis, per @katiejwoo.

— KMOXSports (@KMOXSports) May 10, 2022

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:26 PM 05-10-2022
The Pirates suck but thank God we aren't the Reds.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:03 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
DeJong is walking in Memphis....

Im truly shocked they had the balls, especially with Sosa rehabbing.

Offense is still shit. 11 strikouts in 7 innings so far.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Im truly shocked they had the balls, especially with Sosa rehabbing.

Offense is still shit. 11 strikouts in 7 innings so far.
yeah, they let Carpetber bat .190 for 2 years before they put him on the bench.

Guess it’s an improvement that Dejong only killed the lineup for a year. But, why is Gorman still in AAA?

I heard the broadcast propaganda straight from the front office, we can’t mess with our defense by degrading two positions by moving Edman to SS. How about upgrading your offense? Hey, Mo have you seen the box scores lately?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 103
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up