ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 73
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:07 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I can't stand Gruden, or the Raiders. But this is just stupid. It was years ago. He was not coaching in the NFL at the time. It should have been just left in the past and forgotten about. The fact that he's had to resign over this is just a sad example of how stupid things have gotten in this country.
Recent emails were from 2018. Sent to Mark Davis calling Goodell a faggot.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:08 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
lmao. Commenting on the size of someones lips, which of course got turned into racism, caused him to resign. Funny stuff.
You clearly aren’t updated on the situation.
[Reply]
MAG 08:08 PM 10-11-2021
Based Gruden.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:08 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
What in the blue fuck are you talking about you fucking weirdo sperg
In the midst of a supposed high-minded conversation on social decency, 'ol Busby simultaneously demonstrates his lack of brainpower AND his own bigoted tendencies.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:09 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's a reference from "Friday"

https://youtu.be/FqM2BpYwtfM
Ahh, I've heard of the movie, but never watched it
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:10 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Looking out for you. Don’t want you to get short changed on your last check before you went unemployed.
Exactly :-)
[Reply]
Coach 10-11-2021, 08:10 PM
This message has been deleted by Coach.
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:10 PM 10-11-2021
Bet Grudens livin it up on the town tonight. Won't have to go to work tomorrow.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:11 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why you gotta make me like you a little?
This is where I’m at. Usually after around week 4-5 every season he becomes a lot more likable. :-):-)
[Reply]
srvy 08:12 PM 10-11-2021
Well in his second go-round with the faid he will always have the ring around Arrowhead in a bus. Now just a bus ride out of Vegas.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:13 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Ahh, I've heard of the movie, but never watched it
Wait.... what?? I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who hasn’t seen Friday!??!!??
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:14 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I can't stand Gruden, or the Raiders. But this is just stupid. It was years ago. He was not coaching in the NFL at the time. It should have been just left in the past and forgotten about. The fact that he's had to resign over this is just a sad example of how stupid things have gotten in this country.
Nonsense. You can't be a leader of an NFL team by spouting this stuff. It wasn't like he was a kid he was a 48 yr old man.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:14 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Bet Grudens livin it up on the town tonight. Won't have to go to work tomorrow.
That dudes entire reputation got nuked in a matter of days. His life.

He was well loved around the NFL media types and now is a pariah.

It’s a massive fall really and he wasn’t THAT unlikable even if he was overrated as a coach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:14 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
This part is pretty baffling. I’m guessing this kind of banter is pretty typical out on the practice field, but using your work email to do it is just crazy.
It wasn't actually his work email - it was Bruce Allen's work email. It was Gruden's personal email.

And hey - who hasn't called people queers and bundle of sticks in an email?

Oh wait. Most normal human beings haven't.

Bottom line is that this will have absolutely impacted his ability to lead a locker room. And he has nobody to blame but himself. There's a MASSIVE difference between locker room banter and what you take the time to sit down and write in a !@#$ing email.

I'm disappointed the Raiders are going to be able to get out from under this clown. But ultimately, dude earned it. Was it bad luck that it became public? Sure it was - but my rules on emails are 100% easy to follow: Do not write ANYTHING you wouldn't want to explain in a deposition.

And as the public face of a billion dollar franchise, who was previously the public face of a billion dollar media organization but only AFTER being the public face of ANOTHER billion dollar franchise...the guy absolutely has to know better than that.

He's an idiot and he brought it upon himself.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:14 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Nonsense. You can't be a leader of an NFL team by spouting this stuff. It wasn't like he was a kid he was a 48 yr old man.
On top of that, imagine the PR backlash the Raiders would get if they kept him after this.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:14 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Wait.... what?? I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who hasn’t seen Friday!??!!??
Hi :-)
[Reply]
Page 23 of 73
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up